It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Iconic characters - Axel, Blaze, Adam - from an iconic game series reunite to clean up the city from the criminal scum. Streets of Rage 4 beat ‘em up game is now available DRM-free on GOG.COM with a 10% discount lasting until May the 4th, 8 AM UTC. With some brand-new moves and kickass tracks in the background, our heroes are ready to teach hordes of criminals a painful lesson.
ReynardFox: Oh really? Well then! Off I go to pick that up! Thanks for the heads up, it's weird but a google search only returned Yuzo Koshiro's bandcamp account and not Olivier's so I assumed it wasn't there.
OdanUrr: https://olivierderiviere.bandcamp.com/album/streets-of-rage-4
Purchase'd!
kasasensei: Online coop is available? Any cross-play with steam or console players?
https://twitter.com/lizardcube/status/1255624409810972679

No online features in GOG edition

Out of curiosity - can someone who already bought it on GOG and played the game can check, if all additional modes (local co-op, 1vs1) are present?
kasasensei: Online coop is available? Any cross-play with steam or console players?

There is an error on the configuration needed for the game to run. You specified the recommended setup as the minimal, which is really different.
CPU : Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 | AMD Phenom II X4 965
RAM : 4 GB
GFX : NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 | AMD Radeon HD 6670
HDD Space : 8 GB free
I tried it.

No online multi....(second class citizen ;)
local coop (up to 4 players) is ok for 1v1 ans Story mode
And there is a bug for me: launching the game from Galaxy is impossible
Post edited April 30, 2020 by pe7ouill3
I'm really tempted by this one, but...
Simple question from a stubborn old gamer that uses no more than keyboard and/or mouse:

Is this barely playable without a controller?
MartiusR: https://twitter.com/lizardcube/status/1255624409810972679

Out of curiosity - can someone who already bought it on GOG and played the game can check, if all additional modes (local co-op, 1vs1) are present?
Thank You.
Ok. Well, that's sad.
Enjoy, bit expensive for non fans though.

There is an error on the configuration needed for the game to run. You specified the recommended setup as the minimal, which is really different.
CPU : Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 | AMD Phenom II X4 965
RAM : 4 GB
GFX : NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 | AMD Radeon HD 6670
HDD Space : 8 GB free
pe7ouill3: I tried it.

No online multi....(second class citizen ;)
local coop (2 players) is ok for 1v1 ans Story mode
And there is a bug for me: launching the game from Galaxy is impossible
Thanks to you too!
Well i can't comment on the game itself, but I'm listening to the soundtrack right now and it is STELLAR.

Not enough tracks by Koshiro and Kawashima but what they did supply here really slaps, and this Olivier Deriviere who did most of it has really stuck to the spirit of the originals with some fantastic and authentically SOR experimental rave, techno and hip-hop.
I really like Streets of Rage series and I hope at some point GOG will convince SEGA to bring these games here. As for SoR 4, I'll have to wait for compatibility reports from fellow linux users, since there is no multiplatform version, sadly.
high rated
Post edited May 01, 2020 by user deleted
Many people have purchased the game on Steam due to the lack of online functions.

I also don't know why we have to pay the same price as Steam users if we don't have the same features.

Not even a discount for the inconvenience?

Very disappointed with this release, to be honest, I didn't expect such behavior from Dotemu.

I feel sorry for GoG but I'll pass this time.
Post edited April 30, 2020 by Pyromancer138
bought!
MartiusR: https://twitter.com/lizardcube/status/1255624409810972679

I would like them to build-in multiplayer support through a LAN and/or Direct Connect.
Such an option would not even have to be made exclusive for GOG: it would be equally implemented both in the version in GOG and in Steam (and any other store), and we would have multiplayer between ourselves and between versions in different stores.
This option is simpler for them (as for developers - because it does not require the implementation of third-party APIs and its support is the same in any store - unification) and for us, as users of GOG (and any other stores) - we will have multiplayer (including cross-store multiplayer)).
Maybe you have a desire to tell them about such a possible option (on Twitter)?
low rated
Carbon-Based Buffoon: The absolute audacity of charging the same price for a game that has less features than another store..

This sort of thing is beyond annoying, why do you allow these game developers/publishers to constantly shaft us?

I have nearly 600 games here, mainly due to them being DRM-Free, but the way you allow your users to be treated like second class buyers is not right GOG!?

The moment you drop DRM-Free I’m gone, because it is clear there’s nothing else you offer someone like me?

You never bring Linux versions, your own users have to bother devs/pubs just to get version parity of games, rarely do we get the soundtracks of games and sometimes users of other languages don’t get the games in their own language?

Appalling.
This. If I buy this online on Switch I will have more service AND I'll pay less (because I like buying demat').

There's no point in the GOG version. Or it should be at least 5€ off than other stores' price.

It makes no point, especially during these times local coop isn't available at all because of the pandemic.

I'll remove it from my wishlist then.
Post edited April 30, 2020 by Zoidberg
ReynardFox: Anyone know if this comes with the soundtrack? He asks not expecting much because GOG are getting really bad at offering goodies...

If not, maybe I'll try this on deep discount later on, I simply can't get past the hideous mobile-flash art direction and how they made my boy Axel look so damn stupid.
we barely even get the simpliest of goodies these late years, as in "clean wallpapers and forum's icons/avatars pics"

ReynardFox: I'm aware, but I don't support music streaming sites, I'm only interested in owning the music, in lossless format if possible.

I wish more game studios would support Bandcamp...
OdanUrr: If Bandcamp is your thing, Olivier Deriviere also released the soundtrack there. I own a few of them myself.
wait ! this streat of rage game has its soundtrack by olivier deriviere ?
unexpected, and good news at same time
Post edited April 30, 2020 by Djaron