It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Iconic characters - Axel, Blaze, Adam - from an iconic game series reunite to clean up the city from the criminal scum. Streets of Rage 4 beat ‘em up game is now available DRM-free on GOG.COM with a 10% discount lasting until May the 4th, 8 AM UTC. With some brand-new moves and kickass tracks in the background, our heroes are ready to teach hordes of criminals a painful lesson.
It's really bad business that GOG version is missing online play that will be available elsewhere.

Truth be told, most of us will play this in single and those most lucky will convince their childhood friend(s) to play in local, just like they use to so many years ago with SoR 1,2,3.

But (and it's a big "but" even though I avoided caps here), no one wants to be treated like a fool (or a second class customer as some here like to say) and pay the same amount and receive less than in other store.

GOG, an untrained eye customer (*cough*like myself*cough*) could develop a feeling you're in need of some much better negotiators for release deals than those you're currently employing.

In the end, you will have outraged people who certainly won't buy an inferior product.
The question is, do you have enough customers who:
a) hate Steam enough and never use it
b) don't care about online play
c) they simply are fools

Well..do you?
Djaron: wait ! this streat of rage game has its soundtrack by olivier deriviere ?
unexpected, and good news at same time
Olivier wrote about half the music for this game.
BranjoHello: The question is, do you have enough customers who:
a) hate Steam enough and never use it
b) don't care about online play
c) they simply are fools

Well..do you?
As far as I'm concerned, it's a & b / c
At least they could have had the decency to lower the price for having removed features. But no, they have the nerve to eliminate features and demand the same price. What injustice and shamelessness !!!
You guys are all blaming GOG. But who sets the price?

(That being said, LizardCube/DotEmu deserves for this game to tank here.)
Reposting to this thread now that the game is out:

A review is up on Ars Technica.
thuey: You guys are all blaming GOG. But who sets the price?
GOG could always refuse to allow games onto its store that treat its customers like second class citizens via the GOG version removing features that are available in the same game on other platforms (i.e. missing Achievements, missing soundtracks, missing DLCs, missing multiplayer, etc.).

That would be the right thing to do.
Had it wishlisted but I think I'll pass right now to see if the cut content is restored, or a really good sale.
high rated
No, no and NO!!!

You think online play is a must, but I will take the game being DRM free any day over that. Online play will die over the years (unless it's LAN or custom servers, which rarely any game supports now). Steam or GOG could close, but I'll keep having the game. I have literally hundreds of games attached to old consoles or DRM platforms that I won't be able to play without emulating or pirating them. I prefer the game being DRM free, even if the price is the same, or even some more. DRM free > online gameplay for me each and every day.

It's not the first time we miss a game because some stupid community or online feature. Then there will be people wanting games like Assassin's Creed, Doom 2016, etc. Good luck getting them with that mind, and telling GOG you won't get them unless they have the same features as other platforms, because that won't happen.
I wonder if the lack of online features is related to GOG's DRM-free policy or if it's because of something else.
high rated
KMetalMind: No, no and NO!!!

You think online play is a must, but I will take the game being DRM free any day over that. Online play will die over the years (unless it's LAN or custom servers, which rarely any game supports now). Steam or GOG could close, but I'll keep having the game. I have literally hundreds of games attached to old consoles or DRM platforms that I won't be able to play without emulating or pirating them. I prefer the game being DRM free, even if the price is the same, or even some more. DRM free > online gameplay for me each and every day.

It's not the first time we miss a game because some stupid community or online feature. Then there will be people wanting games like Assassin's Creed, Doom 2016, etc. Good luck getting them with that mind, and telling GOG you won't get them unless they have the same features as other platforms, because that won't happen.
+1
i don't know anyone i necessarily want to play online with anyway. i'd much rather hook my laptop up to my tv and play this with my kid.

so it was an instabuy for me.
OdanUrr: I wonder if the lack of online features is related to GOG's DRM-free policy or if it's because of something else.
No. it's about the Steam Monopoly. If you want to play vs people of steam you have enter to his services. The online feature has implement over his infraestructure. If the you want to play on line on GOG, DotEmu needs to create the code and implement on line services over GOG Galaxy online services. Thats the reason why SNK make their Galaxy version of his DRM-Free games.
ElGatoEsMiAmigo: No. it's about the Steam Monopoly. If you want to play vs people of steam you have enter to his services. The online feature has implement over his infraestructure. If the you want to play on line on GOG, DotEmu needs to create the code and implement on line services over GOG Galaxy online services. Thats the reason why SNK make their Galaxy version of his DRM-Free games.
So they don't want to put in the effort to add online functionality to the GOG version, is that it?
SOR4
Please run on my offline win7sp1 PC pweese..
If it does, thanks.
ElGatoEsMiAmigo: No. it's about the Steam Monopoly. If you want to play vs people of steam you have enter to his services. The online feature has implement over his infraestructure. If the you want to play on line on GOG, DotEmu needs to create the code and implement on line services over GOG Galaxy online services. Thats the reason why SNK make their Galaxy version of his DRM-Free games.
OdanUrr: So they don't want to put in the effort to add online functionality to the GOG version, is that it?
Itis not about effort, it's about money. If GOG have his own infraestructure for on line gaming they can use fot it. But if GOG don't have it, DotEmu need to invert on full server implementation for the game (hardware, SO, tecnology, support, people, etc).