It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Sometimes great power comes with great (ir)responsibility.

<span class="bold">Sorcerer King</span>, a turn-based fantasy strategy/RPG about cancelling the Apocalypse, is available now DRM-free on GOG.com with Galaxy support and a 50% launch discount.

Becoming the King usually requires a touch of magic, either in the form of a ridiculously fabulous getup or a vast knowledge of the arcane. Lacking the pizzazz to pull off the former, the evil Sorcerer King set out to take over the world one spell at a time, absorbing its magic in a misguided attempt to become God. As the leader of one of the few defiant cities, stopping the Sorcerer is both your duty and your privilege, for butting heads with a wannabe-god has never been so fun!

Not only will you build your own army while carefully out-diplomancing your arch-enemy, but you will also make your Sovereign of choice a force to be reckoned with. Gear and level up through hundreds of delightful quests, then join forces with the rest of the desperate sovereigns — by forming alliances or by conquering their kingdoms. But while you are meticulously planning your turns, keep an eye on the Doomsday Counter: if the Sorcerer King manages to complete the spell and turn himself into a god, it will be a most unfortunate turn of events. The final turn of your turn-based adventures.

So turn the tables on the upcoming Apocalypse and smack some sense into the evil <span class="bold">Sorcerer King</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com. The 50% launch discount will last until January 17 1:59 PM GMT.

Q&A Alert!

This Friday, January 15th at 6pm GMT (7pm CET / 1pm EST / 10am PST), we'll be hosting two guys from the Stardock team for a special Q&A event on the forums. Join Patrick Shaw(Producer) and Scott Tykoski(Mad Scientist) for a chat about all things Sorcerer King for a great start to the coming weekend!
Potzato: Is this a new take on Lords of Magic (combat wise) and Elemental/Fallen Enchantress ? or am I awfully reductive ?
It's the fourth game in the Elemental Series. War of Magic, Fallen Enchantress, Fallen Enchantress Legendary Heroes and now Sorcerer King.
Whoever has enjoyed, or think they may enjoy this game; be sure to check out Age of Wonders (3 in my case) as well, as it's quite similar in some areas. I has a higher focus on the combat and military aspects, and rightfully so, because the combat is fantastic.

Been fanging for this game for a while now... I wonder if I should just bite while the opportunity presents itself.

edit: on second thought, no I won't be getting this. Unfortunately my fears were confirmed for this game (thanks to reviews from users), and AOW3 still holds the crown for best fantasy in this genre span. Back in the shadows I go, because posting here among elitists is a hilarious waste of time.
Post edited January 13, 2016 by micktiegs_8
CharlesGrey: "As the leader of one of the few defiant cities, stopping the Sorcerer is both your duty and your privilege, for butting heads with a wannabe-god has never been so fun!"

I don't know, I think I'd rather be the evil Sorcerer King. Summon a legion of undead and demons, lay waste to a few towns, tear down some enemy castles... Sounds like a good ol' time to me. :D

Anyhow, seems like a decent HoM&M/ King's Bounty style game, but I'll wait for some reviews before considering a purchase.
That's what they plan to do
http://steamcommunity.com/app/241990/discussions/0/485623406948081743/#p1

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The change would be that you would have additional sovereign paths to victory. For example, one of the new Sovereigns would be Mirdoth (The Sorcerer King himself) and HIS goal is to destroy the shards.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
micktiegs_8: edit: on second thought, no I won't be getting this. Unfortunately my fears were confirmed for this game (thanks to reviews from users), and AOW3 still holds the crown for best fantasy in this genre span. Back in the shadows I go, because posting here among elitists is a hilarious waste of time.
Huh?
micktiegs_8: edit: on second thought, no I won't be getting this. Unfortunately my fears were confirmed for this game (thanks to reviews from users), and AOW3 still holds the crown for best fantasy in this genre span. Back in the shadows I go, because posting here among elitists is a hilarious waste of time.
Petrell: Huh?
Huh?
Petrell: Huh?
CharlesGrey: Huh?
What's wrong with the game, why does he think GOGlodites are elitists and why is posting on GOG forums waste of time?
IAmSinistar: The Army of GOG continues its march into strategy territory. It's frankly refreshing after a comparative drought in such titles for a while. Certainly a step up from the indie platformer du jour.

Will very likely get this at some point, at the moment I have a buying moratorium for all but the most wanted games. Furnishing the condo has really walloped the old bank account.
This has been the year of the kitchen for me. Lot of money on kitchen goods and they are pricey (none made in China). I have nothing against the Chinese but I like to believe that at least a decent proportion of the cost goes to people salaries who make the products rather than into retailer's profit margins, hence western made goods, German, Italy, USA, France. I did buy one product made in China (bought online and couldn't tell the country of origin).

Anyway I'm spending less on steam so I might just spring for the cost of this game.
Petrell: Huh? They outlined their plans for expansion in november. When did they scrap that?
Hm, I read a few months before that on steam that there won't be any dlc for this game cause of bad acception of the game. It seems they will still do an update to the game now. Looking at the link you gave this is just a patch for the game. Hopefully they won't package it in to a dlc.
Post edited January 13, 2016 by Matruchus
deonast: This has been the year of the kitchen for me. Lot of money on kitchen goods and they are pricey (none made in China). I have nothing against the Chinese but I like to believe that at least a decent proportion of the cost goes to people salaries who make the products rather than into retailer's profit margins, hence western made goods, German, Italy, USA, France. I did buy one product made in China (bought online and couldn't tell the country of origin).
I hear you, and I do much the same. Anything that comes in contact with food needs to have solid provenance. As lax as regulations have become in the US, they are even worse in China. Ergo, I try to get as much of my cookware from Europe as I can. My latest find of delight is the Stone Earth Pan from Ozeri (German). I remember back when we made stuff of this quality.
deonast: This has been the year of the kitchen for me. Lot of money on kitchen goods and they are pricey (none made in China). I have nothing against the Chinese but I like to believe that at least a decent proportion of the cost goes to people salaries who make the products rather than into retailer's profit margins, hence western made goods, German, Italy, USA, France. I did buy one product made in China (bought online and couldn't tell the country of origin).
IAmSinistar: I hear you, and I do much the same. Anything that comes in contact with food needs to have solid provenance. As lax as regulations have become in the US, they are even worse in China. Ergo, I try to get as much of my cookware from Europe as I can. My latest find of delight is the Stone Earth Pan from Ozeri (German). I remember back when we made stuff of this quality.
I'll check that one out. I bought a bunch of esteele cookware http://www.essteele.com.au/cookware/per-sempre.html the company originated from Melbourne Australia apparently, later got bought and moved operations to Milan Italy where they are made.

I bought a bunch in store, then ordered online some of the extras, like steamer, double boiler etc and just opened the box for the online order and to my disappointment it was all made in China every damn thing in the box (5 items).

I wish retailers would put on their websites where stuff is made. I just assumed it would be Italy like the rest.
deonast: I wish retailers would put on their websites where stuff is made. I just assumed it would be Italy like the rest.
Amen to that. Knowledge is power for the consumer. But retailers in general prefer to withhold any information that they think will cost them a sale. And since knowing country of origin can influence the decision to purchase, they tend to only provide it when it's perceived as a positive attribute.
deonast: I bought a bunch in store, then ordered online some of the extras, like steamer, double boiler etc and just opened the box for the online order and to my disappointment it was all made in China every damn thing in the box (5 items).

I wish retailers would put on their websites where stuff is made. I just assumed it would be Italy like the rest.
Well, most stuff is made in China.

You see, when you today buy a box of LEGO, there is written, that the bricks have an origin of Mexico, Hungary, Denmark, China etc. You cannot tell, what thigs were made in China and what not ...
IAmSinistar: I hear you, and I do much the same. Anything that comes in contact with food needs to have solid provenance. As lax as regulations have become in the US, they are even worse in China. Ergo, I try to get as much of my cookware from Europe as I can. My latest find of delight is the Stone Earth Pan from Ozeri (German). I remember back when we made stuff of this quality.
While my son was growing up, he would break dishes (not often but still) so we decided to buy plastic dishes and bowls. I was a bit worried about plasticizers, as they are now known to be carcinogenic. But I was positively surprised that the finnish company Orthex makes all of their dishes and bowls out of pure polypropylene, with only a little colorants added - no plasticizers at all!
Plastic bowls are good ideea at the first look. But, when you put hot things in them, there are not so ok. Especially for kids.
deleted