It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Sometimes great power comes with great (ir)responsibility.

<span class="bold">Sorcerer King</span>, a turn-based fantasy strategy/RPG about cancelling the Apocalypse, is available now DRM-free on GOG.com with Galaxy support and a 50% launch discount.

Becoming the King usually requires a touch of magic, either in the form of a ridiculously fabulous getup or a vast knowledge of the arcane. Lacking the pizzazz to pull off the former, the evil Sorcerer King set out to take over the world one spell at a time, absorbing its magic in a misguided attempt to become God. As the leader of one of the few defiant cities, stopping the Sorcerer is both your duty and your privilege, for butting heads with a wannabe-god has never been so fun!

Not only will you build your own army while carefully out-diplomancing your arch-enemy, but you will also make your Sovereign of choice a force to be reckoned with. Gear and level up through hundreds of delightful quests, then join forces with the rest of the desperate sovereigns — by forming alliances or by conquering their kingdoms. But while you are meticulously planning your turns, keep an eye on the Doomsday Counter: if the Sorcerer King manages to complete the spell and turn himself into a god, it will be a most unfortunate turn of events. The final turn of your turn-based adventures.

So turn the tables on the upcoming Apocalypse and smack some sense into the evil <span class="bold">Sorcerer King</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com. The 50% launch discount will last until January 17 1:59 PM GMT.

Q&A Alert!

This Friday, January 15th at 6pm GMT (7pm CET / 1pm EST / 10am PST), we'll be hosting two guys from the Stardock team for a special Q&A event on the forums. Join Patrick Shaw(Producer) and Scott Tykoski(Mad Scientist) for a chat about all things Sorcerer King for a great start to the coming weekend!
As with other Stardock steam-only titles, mostly ignored this when it was released. Picked it up here at the intro sale price and couldn't be happier. The game is gorgeous, easy to play (but not to beat), chock full of humor, with a strong RPG streak in levelling and gearing your soverign and your champions. Endgame is a bit same-y but there seem to be plans to mix that up a bit in the future.

Aside from AI War, it is the best asymmetric strategy game I've ever played.
Looks good. Might be my cup of tea.
fan3l: Plastic bowls are good ideea at the first look. But, when you put hot things in them, there are not so ok. Especially for kids.
It is humanly impossible to eat food that has the temperature of glass transition of polypropylene - and polypropylene is one of the most refractory polymers, surpassed only by HDPE and PTFE. In other words, there really isn't any problem with PP plateware. Of course, you would not use them to actually cook food in them, but that's not what plateware is designed for, anyway.
Looks interesting, the last time I saw this it was still in beta, so I didn't even know it was already out.
So can anyone confirm "Galaxy support" includes achievements for this title?

https://www.gog.com/mix/games_with_galaxy_achievements

EDIT:
I'm guessing by Starmaker's addition of this title to his GOGMix it's fair to assume it does?
Post edited January 14, 2016 by MrAlphaNumeric
deonast: I bought a bunch in store, then ordered online some of the extras, like steamer, double boiler etc and just opened the box for the online order and to my disappointment it was all made in China every damn thing in the box (5 items).

I wish retailers would put on their websites where stuff is made. I just assumed it would be Italy like the rest.
op2016: Well, most stuff is made in China.

You see, when you today buy a box of LEGO, there is written, that the bricks have an origin of Mexico, Hungary, Denmark, China etc. You cannot tell, what thigs were made in China and what not ...
Interesting. It has been years since I got any lego. I'm too old for that now. Though I can't help but wish I was a kid again sometimes when I look at the range of Lego you can get now :)
fan3l: Plastic bowls are good ideea at the first look. But, when you put hot things in them, there are not so ok. Especially for kids.
I try to avoid putting hot children on plastic bowels. Best to put them in the freezer for a little bit to cool them down first. You know they are ready when they stop crying.

Sorry very bad joke and you did have a fullstop to separate the different sentences but I'm tired and a little silly.

Ok warning signs are there. I'm off to bed :)
Post edited January 14, 2016 by deonast
deonast: Interesting. It has been years since I got any lego. I'm too old for that now. Though I can't help but wish I was a kid again sometimes when I look at the range of Lego you can get now :)
The problem with todays Lego (sets) is, that they aren't anymore creative as they were in the past.

So, let's say you buy a STAR WARS or any other modern sets (except the BASIC and CREATOR), all you can build is the model, that is in the manual. There is no more creative freedom.

Look at these old manuals coverpage (or if you looke at the boxes, you could always get some alternative ideas):
http://www.brickfactory.info/scans/0006000/6074/001.jpg

I am really happy, that Stardock is bringing more and more of thier games to GOG. Will wait for tomorrows Weekend promo and than buy Sorcerer King.
For people complaining about "excessive" amount of strategy titles released as of late, there aren't that many Paradox and Stardock developed titles left and I doubt Crusader Kings 2 or Europa Universalis IV (far less the upcoming Hearts of Iron IV and Stellaris) are coming here any time soon. And even if Paradox intends to bring more games it has published, those titles cover far wider selection of genres than it's own products.

Oh and since when did this thread deteriote into discussion about kitchen goods and LEGO? ;-p
Post edited January 15, 2016 by Petrell
deonast: Interesting. It has been years since I got any lego. I'm too old for that now. Though I can't help but wish I was a kid again sometimes when I look at the range of Lego you can get now :)
op2016: The problem with todays Lego (sets) is, that they aren't anymore creative as they were in the past.

So, let's say you buy a STAR WARS or any other modern sets (except the BASIC and CREATOR), all you can build is the model, that is in the manual. There is no more creative freedom.

Look at these old manuals coverpage (or if you looke at the boxes, you could always get some alternative ideas):
http://www.brickfactory.info/scans/0006000/6074/001.jpg

I am really happy, that Stardock is bringing more and more of thier games to GOG. Will wait for tomorrows Weekend promo and than buy Sorcerer King.
Ah but I always just relied on my own creativity to make my own. It helped though that I had a lot of sets to get enough pieces to make new things. Hopefully children can still think outside the box (so to speak).
deonast: Ah but I always just relied on my own creativity to make my own. It helped though that I had a lot of sets to get enough pieces to make new things. Hopefully children can still think outside the box (so to speak).
Yes, I understand that, but what I did want to say is, that with todays LEGO sets/models in most cases you get many specific type of bricks/pieces, that can be used only to build the "original" thing (that the set builders/creators had in mind), and so it is very hard to combine or to make something new out of it.
Post edited January 15, 2016 by op2016
deonast: Ah but I always just relied on my own creativity to make my own. It helped though that I had a lot of sets to get enough pieces to make new things. Hopefully children can still think outside the box (so to speak).
op2016: Yes, I understand that, but what I did want to say is, that with todays LEGO sets/models in most cases you get many specific type of bricks/pieces, that can be used only to build the "original" thing (that the set builders/creators had in mind), and so it is very hard to combine or to make something new out of it.
That's why my parents always bought LEGO boxes that gave you several hundred pieces of blocks and you could do whatever you wanted to. These specialized LEGO buildings that they sell today are totally pointless and overpriced for what they are. Its better to get a LEGO box.
Post edited January 15, 2016 by Matruchus
Guys and gals, just FYI - the Sorcerer King devs are here to answer questions!

You can ask them about the game, their plans for the future, and their dev career (or whatever else comes to mind) in the Q&amp;A thread here.

They'll be available for the next 1h 45min :)
For Linux users. I can confirm that this game does not work under latest Wine build.
Matruchus: For Linux users. I can confirm that this game does not work under latest Wine build.
The latest being?
op2016: Yes, I understand that, but what I did want to say is, that with todays LEGO sets/models in most cases you get many specific type of bricks/pieces, that can be used only to build the "original" thing (that the set builders/creators had in mind), and so it is very hard to combine or to make something new out of it.
Matruchus: That's why my parents always bought LEGO boxes that gave you several hundred pieces of blocks and you could do whatever you wanted to. These specialized LEGO buildings that they sell today are totally pointless and overpriced for what they are. Its better to get a LEGO box.
I didn't realise you could buy those sort of sets. I knew you could get bulk for special art projects by ordering direct from Lego. Aa chinese artist / activist got denied them from Lego and they didn't like politically motivated use after apparently bad press they changed the policy to we will supply it just don't tell us what it is for :)

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/01/13/462921776/lego-says-its-changing-its-policy-after-ai-weiwei-controversy

http://money.cnn.com/2015/10/25/news/ai-weiwei-lego/

Hmm wonder if the thread should be changed to Sorcerer King / Cookware & Lego :)
Post edited January 16, 2016 by deonast