It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Sometimes great power comes with great (ir)responsibility.

<span class="bold">Sorcerer King</span>, a turn-based fantasy strategy/RPG about cancelling the Apocalypse, is available now DRM-free on GOG.com with Galaxy support and a 50% launch discount.

Becoming the King usually requires a touch of magic, either in the form of a ridiculously fabulous getup or a vast knowledge of the arcane. Lacking the pizzazz to pull off the former, the evil Sorcerer King set out to take over the world one spell at a time, absorbing its magic in a misguided attempt to become God. As the leader of one of the few defiant cities, stopping the Sorcerer is both your duty and your privilege, for butting heads with a wannabe-god has never been so fun!

Not only will you build your own army while carefully out-diplomancing your arch-enemy, but you will also make your Sovereign of choice a force to be reckoned with. Gear and level up through hundreds of delightful quests, then join forces with the rest of the desperate sovereigns — by forming alliances or by conquering their kingdoms. But while you are meticulously planning your turns, keep an eye on the Doomsday Counter: if the Sorcerer King manages to complete the spell and turn himself into a god, it will be a most unfortunate turn of events. The final turn of your turn-based adventures.

So turn the tables on the upcoming Apocalypse and smack some sense into the evil <span class="bold">Sorcerer King</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com. The 50% launch discount will last until January 17 1:59 PM GMT.

Q&A Alert!

This Friday, January 15th at 6pm GMT (7pm CET / 1pm EST / 10am PST), we'll be hosting two guys from the Stardock team for a special Q&A event on the forums. Join Patrick Shaw(Producer) and Scott Tykoski(Mad Scientist) for a chat about all things Sorcerer King for a great start to the coming weekend!
Matruchus: The games reception in comparison to Fallen Enchantress wasn't good so the budget for dlc and other additions was scrapped. Only a few updates to the game will be made in the future.
Huh? They outlined their plans for expansion in november. When did they scrap that?
Nice release but doesn't it look like Age of Wonders too much, especially 3? More simple but sweet graphics but menus/ windows etc look very similar to me. I'm going to look around for some reviews about the gameplay, as that's what really matters in a strategy game for me (AI too, as I'm playing offline) and the current "review" from our german friend doesn't help even a little.
yyahoo: [...] Why, of all of the upcoming un-priced Stardock games, would it only affect Sorcerer Kings and Servo, but not Sins of a Solar Empire, Offworld Trading Company, and Ashes of Singularity. They are also in the system without a price listed yet...
Why? To generate hype of course! ;)
Seriously, bugs happen! :)
Post edited January 12, 2016 by Vythonaut
Absolutely adored Fallen Enchantress and Fallen Enchantress Legendary Heroes. Two of the most under appreciated TBS 4X strategy games ever.

That being said i've never gone in on Sorcerer King. It looks like a completely different type of game and it doesn't seem to offer even half the replayability of FE:LH or most 4X games due to its structure. But I may finally bite at this price and give it a go.
Matruchus: I think you misunderstood. If you go to games search and set the settings for free games it shows Servo as free and before it showed Sorcerer Kings as free too. This is what Opeter is talking about. Its an old gog glitch there.
That is right, thank you for clarification!

Can someone tell me, how different this game is to Disciples series, especially the 2nd games (Disciples II)?
Post edited January 12, 2016 by op2016
JudasIscariot: Yes and now I expect to see you playing those strategies as I expect you have more than a few now :P
Matruchus: A few, yes but hardly most of the current releases :) Now all I wan't to hear is positive confirmation for HoI IV :P
Along with positive news on Crusader Kings II and EUIV coming to GOG ;) (or at least give us Vicky II for now)
The amount of strategy games and games with pixel graphics is too damn high!
Attachments:
Matruchus: I think you misunderstood. If you go to games search and set the settings for free games it shows Servo as free and before it showed Sorcerer Kings as free too. This is what Opeter is talking about. Its an old gog glitch there.
yyahoo: You're right. I did misunderstand. I guess I still do. Why, of all of the upcoming un-priced Stardock games, would it only affect Sorcerer Kings and Servo, but not Sins of a Solar Empire, Offworld Trading Company, and Ashes of Singularity. They are also in the system without a price listed yet...
I think it's because many of the upcoming titles have their prices set (though those prices might be final), but those prices aren't actually displayed until the game is made available for purchase or pre-order. If you filter MaGog's database to show only upcoming games, you'll see that every one of them with a game page (the only ones MaGog can track) has a price associated with it, even though the price isn't visible in-store. I'm guessing even most of those upcoming titles that don't yet have a store page still have a price associated with them; the ones that don't (currently just Servo, but until very recently, this game, too) appear in the "free games" search results. It's stupid, but it's not particularly mysterious.

As to WHY just these couple games have no associated price -- not even a placeholder -- GOG only knows. ; )
Post edited January 12, 2016 by HunchBluntley
yyahoo: You're right. I did misunderstand. I guess I still do. Why, of all of the upcoming un-priced Stardock games, would it only affect Sorcerer Kings and Servo, but not Sins of a Solar Empire, Offworld Trading Company, and Ashes of Singularity. They are also in the system without a price listed yet...
HunchBluntley: I think it's because many of the upcoming titles have their prices set (though those prices might be final), but those prices aren't actually displayed until the game is made available for purchase or pre-order. If you filter MaGog's database to show only upcoming games, you'll see that every one of them with a game page (the only ones MaGog can track) has a price associated with it, even though the price isn't visible in-store. I'm guessing even most of those upcoming titles that don't yet have a store page still have a price associated with them; the ones that don't (currently just Servo, but until very recently, this game, too) appear in the "free games" search results. It's stupid, but it's not particularly mysterious.

As to WHY just these couple games have no associated price -- not even a placeholder -- GOG only knows. ; )
Ah, that makes sense. I hadn't considered looking at MaGog. Thanks!
triock: Wishlisted!

*prepares popcorn for "GOG releases only strategy games" drama*
Considering the two latest newcomers on GOG are Stardock and Paradox, both major stategy game developers, what do people expect?

Oh, and there is never enough strategy games so... ;-p
Post edited January 12, 2016 by Petrell
HunchBluntley: If you filter MaGog's database to show only upcoming games, you'll see that every one of them with a game page (the only ones MaGog can track) has a price associated with it, even though the price isn't visible in-store.
MaGog can also track the prices of games without a game page; she just decided not to do so because these prices often tend to be nonsense and open to misinterpretation.

EDIT: As evidenced by the highly helpful one-star review on the Sorcerer King game page.
Post edited January 12, 2016 by mrkgnao
triock: Wishlisted!

*prepares popcorn for "GOG releases only strategy games" drama*
Petrell: Considering the two latest newcomers on GOG are Stardock and Paradox, both major stategy game developers, what do people expect?

Oh, and there is never enough strategy games so... ;-p
All we need now is Firaxis for Xcom and we would have a powder keg... of fun! ;)
All we need is Stars! and several GOG e-mail gaming groups :).

I own already Fallen Enchantress - Legendary Heroes and I like it a lot. What are the plus points in Sorcerer Kings compared to FE-LH?

PS
I wonder when the first " All we need is " - thread will pop up.
Post edited January 12, 2016 by MaGo72
tremere110: All we need now is Firaxis for Xcom [...]
...and not only! :)
Many thanks to Stardock and GOG! I have it on steam but had to get the DRM-free version also :)
Matruchus: Nice release and a good price to. Kind of expected to see it soon after Fallen Enchantress.

Also 23€ is a more realistic base price for this then 39.99€ from before. Thanks Stardock.
Wait, Fallen Enchantress. is on GOG??
EDIT: yes indeed it is. Wishlisted.
Post edited January 12, 2016 by gscotti