It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Sometimes great power comes with great (ir)responsibility.

<span class="bold">Sorcerer King</span>, a turn-based fantasy strategy/RPG about cancelling the Apocalypse, is available now DRM-free on GOG.com with Galaxy support and a 50% launch discount.

Becoming the King usually requires a touch of magic, either in the form of a ridiculously fabulous getup or a vast knowledge of the arcane. Lacking the pizzazz to pull off the former, the evil Sorcerer King set out to take over the world one spell at a time, absorbing its magic in a misguided attempt to become God. As the leader of one of the few defiant cities, stopping the Sorcerer is both your duty and your privilege, for butting heads with a wannabe-god has never been so fun!

Not only will you build your own army while carefully out-diplomancing your arch-enemy, but you will also make your Sovereign of choice a force to be reckoned with. Gear and level up through hundreds of delightful quests, then join forces with the rest of the desperate sovereigns — by forming alliances or by conquering their kingdoms. But while you are meticulously planning your turns, keep an eye on the Doomsday Counter: if the Sorcerer King manages to complete the spell and turn himself into a god, it will be a most unfortunate turn of events. The final turn of your turn-based adventures.

So turn the tables on the upcoming Apocalypse and smack some sense into the evil <span class="bold">Sorcerer King</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com. The 50% launch discount will last until January 17 1:59 PM GMT.

Q&A Alert!

This Friday, January 15th at 6pm GMT (7pm CET / 1pm EST / 10am PST), we'll be hosting two guys from the Stardock team for a special Q&A event on the forums. Join Patrick Shaw(Producer) and Scott Tykoski(Mad Scientist) for a chat about all things Sorcerer King for a great start to the coming weekend!
Matruchus: Now all I wan't to hear is positive confirmation for HoI IV :P
Hmmmmm.
Attachments:
OMFG another platformer? ;)

Bought, of course... Thanks GOG & Stardock!
Post edited January 12, 2016 by budejovice
MaGo72: All we need is Stars! and several GOG e-mail gaming groups :).

I own already Fallen Enchantress - Legendary Heroes and I like it a lot. What are the plus points in Sorcerer Kings compared to FE-LH?
It's more of an 4X RPG than 4X strategy. You do side quests, find treasure and fight monters to gain experience and loot to become strong enough to face the final boss, the sorcerer king. On the side you build cities, outposts and buildings, research spells and recruit armies further help your champions along. You try to keep low profile till you think you can actually face the Sorcerer King and do so before you run out of time or before SK manages to destroy all shards.

SK is more humorous and tongue in cheek than FE is. There is also crafting and enchanting items. You don't design your units but you can equip them with stuff you make or find.

FE is more standard 4X strategy game ala Master of Magic and Age of Wonders. It allows you to design your own units to a degree (looks, traits and equipment). You can also design your own sovereign (or choose one of the predetermined ones) that is actual hero unit in game. You build your nation while other sovereigns do the same and compete to reach various victory conditions or highest score before turn limit.
Post edited January 12, 2016 by Petrell
IAmSinistar: The Army of GOG continues its march into strategy territory. It's frankly refreshing after a comparative drought in such titles for a while. Certainly a step up from the indie platformer du jour.
Hells yeah! Apart from the fact that I'm not a Paradox RTS fan, I fully agree.

For those that have played Sorcerer King: does it have quick battle option? In other fantasy TBS games, I like the quick resolution of battles and use it as much as possible.
Post edited January 12, 2016 by gscotti
Matruchus: Nice release and a good price to. Kind of expected to see it soon after Fallen Enchantress.

Also 23€ is a more realistic base price for this then 39.99€ from before. Thanks Stardock.
gscotti: Wait, Fallen Enchantress. is on GOG??
EDIT: yes indeed it is. Wishlisted.
Released over a month ago. Have you been living under a rock or something? ;-p
Post edited January 12, 2016 by Petrell
Does "with Galaxy support" mean achievements as well?
Normally you mention that explicitly also.
JudasIscariot: Yes and now I expect to see you playing those strategies as I expect you have more than a few now :P
So with the genre wave "confirmed", how about a open world/sandbox action game wave? Come on Judas, just call Rockstar and ask for the entire GTA series, call Violation and tell 'em to bring the entire Saints Row series here and give Square Enix a ring and have them bring Sleeping Dogs here. Go on....gooo on, you know you want to!...
mrkgnao: MaGog can also track the prices of games without a game page, she just decided not to do so because these prices often tend to be nonsense and open to misinterpretation.
Good to know. (I'm not sure why it's good to know, but there you have it.)
I kinda figured some of them'd be dummy prices. Maybe they just forgot to even put in the placeholder data in the cases of Sorceror King and Servo? [shrug]
EDIT: typo

On another note,
she [MaGog] just decided not to do so
I am disturbed. Has MaGog achieved sapience? Could it be that, fairly soon, MaGog will be making posts announcing the latest version of "her" human simulacrum, mrkgnao v.2.0.1? Could this this, in fact, have already happened???
Post edited January 12, 2016 by HunchBluntley
HunchBluntley: On another note,

she [MaGog] just decided not to do so
HunchBluntley: I am disturbed. Has MaGog achieved sapience? Could it be that, fairly soon, MaGog will be making posts announcing the latest version of "her" human simulacrum, mrkgnao v.2.0.1? Could this this, in fact, have already happened???
On another note, I am disturbed that you are not following the "what did just update" thread that closely.
See and [url=http://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_what_did_just_update_thread/post11212]here and the posts that follow these.
Post edited January 13, 2016 by mrkgnao
mrkgnao: On another note, I am disturbed that you are not following the "what did just update" thread that closely.
See and [url=http://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_what_did_just_update_thread/post11212]here and the posts that follow these.
[nervously] Heh heh...well, I, for one, welcome our new self-aware search-engine overlord (overlady?).
Is this a new take on Lords of Magic (combat wise) and Elemental/Fallen Enchantress ? or am I awfully reductive ?
mrkgnao: On another note, I am disturbed that you are not following the "what did just update" thread that closely.
HunchBluntley: [nervously] Heh heh...well, I, for one, welcome our new self-aware search-engine overlord (overlady?).
Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?
JudasIscariot: Yes and now I expect to see you playing those strategies as I expect you have more than a few now :P
NoNewTaleToTell: So with the genre wave "confirmed", how about a open world/sandbox action game wave? Come on Judas, just call Rockstar and ask for the entire GTA series, call Violation and tell 'em to bring the entire Saints Row series here and give Square Enix a ring and have them bring Sleeping Dogs here. Go on....gooo on, you know you want to!...
Sleeping dogs? Hmm, I would gladly settle for the Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger and DragonQuest releases instead ;-)
We already have the YS games by Nihon Falcom...
How about it Square Enix?
Gotta admit. this is one of the most visually appealling modern games on GOG.

Beautiful art.
If not for still having loads of games to play in my library I would buy this and the first Hearts of Iron, which I took notice last week.
MrAlphaNumeric: Does "with Galaxy support" mean achievements as well?
Normally you mention that explicitly also.
I surely hope so! ;)