It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

There is no real win without some kind of sin.

<span class="bold">Sins of a Solar Empire&reg;: Rebellion Ultimate Edition</span>, a sprawling hybrid of real-time and 4x strategy, is now DRM-free on GOG.com with a 60% launch discount.

Nothing stays hidden for long under the sun. Certainly not the questionable deeds of space-faring Solar Empires. Unsurprisingly, these deeds are of conflict, galaxy-wide power struggles and unquenchable expansionism. Of wars that decide the fate of whole star systems, fought through formidable fleets, financial means, or even diplomacy.

Sins of a Solar Empire®: Rebellion Ultimate Edition provides the perfect mix of the urgency associated with RTSs and the careful planning commonly found in 4x games. It includes Sins of a Solar Empire®: Rebellion along with the Forbidden Worlds & Stellar Phenomena DLC, bringing additional planets to explore, more dramatic random events and new deep space anomalies. The package also offers the game's epic soundtrack on MP3 and FLAC, to help set the mood for your intergalactic adventures.

Conquer the galaxy and commit your own <span class="bold">Sins of a Solar Empire&reg;</span>, available now, DRM-free on GOG.com. Pull it into orbit with the 60% launch discount that will last until December 16, 1:59 PM GMT.
Gnostic: Oh I forgot to add Sins do not have a real campaign. It is a sandbox where you build your own story. you can give and take quest from other opponents and allied for Tech / economic advantage. Or if you see a planet with artifacts you are drooling for, you can bribe the AI enemies / pirates to attack your friends and capture it yourself later.
Nice! Makes it even better :)
Why is it 4X games in general seem to have no campaigns ?. Is it hard to do a decent AI and story?
fyst:
Darvin:
Cool thanks! That seals the deal for me.
Niggles: Why is it 4X games in general seem to have no campaigns ?. Is it hard to do a decent AI and story?
Probably the same reason FPS shooters nowadays often lack bots. Developers don't think enough gamers wants to play that way to bother implementing it. Oh so wrong they are...
For any one wanting to play Star Trek Armada 3 mod with Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion you can get it here:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-trek-armada-3

Quite a good mod. Even TB made a video about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8W-1atFQOA
Post edited December 14, 2015 by Matruchus
Matruchus: For any one wanting to play Star Trek Armada 3 mod with Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion you can get it here:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-trek-armada-3

Quite a good mod. Even TB made a video about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8W-1atFQOA
Is this mod fully compatable with the GoG version, as it seems quiet few mods are having problems with that GoG version.

Regards
marklaur: Is this mod fully compatable with the GoG version, as it seems quiet few mods are having problems with that GoG version.

Regards
Don't own the gog version yet, but there shouldn't be much of a problem since the game has integrated mod system that's not steam dependent. Video that explains the install process for the mod (just change the folder instead of steam apps to your gog games folder): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP51DImTLsk&amp;feature=youtu.be
marklaur: Is this mod fully compatable with the GoG version, as it seems quiet few mods are having problems with that GoG version.

Regards
Matruchus: Don't own the gog version yet, but there shouldn't be much of a problem since the game has integrated mod system that's not steam dependent. Video that explains the install process for the mod (just change the folder instead of steam apps to your gog games folder): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP51DImTLsk&amp;feature=youtu.be
I'm a modder of the Star Wars: Interregnum mod, and I do not think most mods will work with the GOG release yet. This is because from what my GOG players are reporting, the GOG version is already on version 1.83, while steam is still on 1.82, and it is hard to update a mod if we don't have the new changes yet. :p

Once steam is updated to 1.83, I imagine most of the major mods will put out patches or updates that will work with GOG. I imagine steam/GOG combined multiplayer will also begin working when that happens.
WARNING, cant play online, can't play with mods. Ticket opened, not reply yet. Will request a refund ASAP.
zaphodthe4th: WARNING, cant play online, can't play with mods. Ticket opened, not reply yet. Will request a refund ASAP.
look in the game forums for the simple fix to play online. As for mods, well on Steam 1.83 is a opt-in at this point
zaphodthe4th: WARNING, cant play online, can't play with mods. Ticket opened, not reply yet. Will request a refund ASAP.
Stardock just put out a way for Steam players to update to 1.83, so the mods should start being updated in the next few days.
StickOfPlywood: As it turns out, those allegations were deemed invalid by the court. The case of the one who filed the lawsuit was dismissed, and she was judged for unlawful misconduct.it.
Actually no, a settlement was reached. The woman sued Wardell, Wardell countersued by using Stardock to go after her, at which point they settled.

Keep in mind several things: A court didn't make a decision, the initial sexual harassment suit was after going through a mediation attempt after which the suit was advised, Wardell has stated that as an employer he has the right to make "inappropriate" and "obnoxious" comments, that he never said he didn't do as the suit stated he did, and again, his response was that after the mediation committee suggested settling the dispute through the courts, and after the lady sued Wardell, Wardell used Stardock to sue her.

So 1) you're wrong and 2) that whole thing is suspicious but innocent until proven guilty. Doesn't mean that Wardell is a nice guy, simply that a settlement was reached. You're welcome to discuss it but if you're going to have a go at someone then do try and keep to what actually happened as opposed to pretending a judgement was reached because it wasn't, they settled out of court. If I were commenting freely I'd say it looked like Wardell used deeper pockets to silence her, but commenting on legal cases without all information is a dangerous hobby so I'll simply again go with innocent until proven guilty and the courts didn't make a judgement as the case was settled out of court.

Sins? Sins is an amazing game which I love. Wardell? ... I wouldn't work with him. Ever. He would have to do a whole lot better than claim innocence after an out of court settlement following an unrelated countersuit.

EDIT: Clarity
Post edited December 19, 2015 by FraggingBard
wizisi2k: look in the game forums for the simple fix to play online. As for mods, well on Steam 1.83 is a opt-in at this point
Link to fix online mode please, couldn't find it.
Post edited December 19, 2015 by zaphodthe4th
wizisi2k: look in the game forums for the simple fix to play online. As for mods, well on Steam 1.83 is a opt-in at this point
zaphodthe4th: Link to fix online mode please, couldn't find it.
http://www.gog.com/forum/sins_of_a_solar_empire_rebellion/how_to_get_online_working . Literally everything you need to know is there.
FraggingBard: snip
Interesting stuff. Thanks for the corrections! I'll try to be more careful from now on. I guess getting information from just any place on the internet isn't very reliable for this kind of thing... The actual case files need to be recalled just to accurately cite everything. Mediations in particular are rarely ever cited. (And I guess they utterly failed in this case.)
Post edited December 20, 2015 by StickOfPlywood