It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

There is no real win without some kind of sin.

<span class="bold">Sins of a Solar Empire&reg;: Rebellion Ultimate Edition</span>, a sprawling hybrid of real-time and 4x strategy, is now DRM-free on GOG.com with a 60% launch discount.

Nothing stays hidden for long under the sun. Certainly not the questionable deeds of space-faring Solar Empires. Unsurprisingly, these deeds are of conflict, galaxy-wide power struggles and unquenchable expansionism. Of wars that decide the fate of whole star systems, fought through formidable fleets, financial means, or even diplomacy.

Sins of a Solar Empire®: Rebellion Ultimate Edition provides the perfect mix of the urgency associated with RTSs and the careful planning commonly found in 4x games. It includes Sins of a Solar Empire®: Rebellion along with the Forbidden Worlds & Stellar Phenomena DLC, bringing additional planets to explore, more dramatic random events and new deep space anomalies. The package also offers the game's epic soundtrack on MP3 and FLAC, to help set the mood for your intergalactic adventures.

Conquer the galaxy and commit your own <span class="bold">Sins of a Solar Empire&reg;</span>, available now, DRM-free on GOG.com. Pull it into orbit with the 60% launch discount that will last until December 16, 1:59 PM GMT.
lowyhong: So does Galaxy multiplayer work with this?
There is multiplayer, and you don't need to be running Galaxy to use it. A developer posted elsewhere that they're working on getting the GOG and Steam versions compatible so they can play together, but right now we can only see the other GOG users. It's a ghost town at the moment, but hopefully now that it's getting front-page attention with the winter sale over a few more people will be trickling into online play. I certainly hope so, Sins multiplayer is fantastic ^_^
high rated
lowyhong: So does Galaxy multiplayer work with this?
Darvin: There is multiplayer, and you don't need to be running Galaxy to use it. A developer posted elsewhere that they're working on getting the GOG and Steam versions compatible so they can play together, but right now we can only see the other GOG users. It's a ghost town at the moment, but hopefully now that it's getting front-page attention with the winter sale over a few more people will be trickling into online play. I certainly hope so, Sins multiplayer is fantastic ^_^
To be clear, the work to have GOG and Steam players co-exist for multiplayer is already done. We just have to complete some unrelated Steam patch testing before issuing the update.
I played that game many years ago and found it good although I'm not a RTS but more a TBS fan. But I guess most of the fun is multiplayer. So the more online players are out there, the better.
Trilarion: I played that game many years ago and found it good although I'm not a RTS but more a TBS fan. But I guess most of the fun is multiplayer. So the more online players are out there, the better.
Sitting in lobby right now if there's anyone with the game who wants to drop in.

I'm very rusty since I haven't played since the days of Trinity, but I'd happily give a crash-course on the basics to anyone who drops by.
Trilarion: I played that game many years ago and found it good although I'm not a RTS but more a TBS fan. But I guess most of the fun is multiplayer. So the more online players are out there, the better.
Darvin: Sitting in lobby right now if there's anyone with the game who wants to drop in.

I'm very rusty since I haven't played since the days of Trinity, but I'd happily give a crash-course on the basics to anyone who drops by.
how are you online right now? I was able to get online for a short time Friday before getting the "old version of sins detected. Please make sure you have the correct version"
So I think these two wishes can be completed:

http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/sins_of_a_solar_empire ,
http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/sins_of_a_solar_empire_rebellion
Right, I hardly ever post around here, but I thought I'd pop in to encourage people to dislike and report the "review" by Krimzon14. I'm ambivalent towards the game itself (my toaster of a computer can't run it), but I draw the line at attempting to discredit a person via false accusations and malicious defamation.
wizisi2k: how are you online right now? I was able to get online for a short time Friday before getting the "old version of sins detected. Please make sure you have the correct version"
I'm not having any issues logging on. If some people are, that would partly explain why it's such a graveyard.
Since SOASE: Trinity is still listed in the Upcoming tab, when will we see that version?
If you search sins of a solar empire, you will find Trinity coming as in the picture.

So maybe they will not complete the wishlist until it comes?

Personally I don't see the point for Trinity, unless there are people who like to turtle and don't want Titans included in the game. Or they don't want to make the choice which ability the capital ship should give up and able to upgrade all capital ship abilities.
Attachments:
Gnostic: If you search sins of a solar empire, you will find Trinity coming as in the picture.

Personally I don't see the point for Trinity, unless there are people who like to turtle and don't want Titans included in the game. Or they don't want to make the choice which ability the capital ship should give up and able to upgrade all capital ship abilities.
Have you played Galactic civ III and SOASE Rebellion? Just wondering how they compare.
Gnostic: If you search sins of a solar empire, you will find Trinity coming as in the picture.

Maybe, but there are still many other wishlist entries uncompleted that I think can be.

trentonlf: Have you played Galactic civ III and SOASE Rebellion? Just wondering how they compare.
For Galactic Civ 3, I just touch a bit and am waiting for the Ultimate edition will all DLC before jumping into the fray. When it first release in steam some of the features that exist in the older Galatic Civ series is missing in the new game.

From what I seen it is like Galactic Civ 2. If you are not familiar with the older series, it plays like Civilization in space where you do things turn based. I like it much more than other turn based games because it have simultaneous turn, Thank the Heavens I need not stare at the screen a long time waiting enemies to finish their turn.

SOASE Rebellion is like Galactic Civ, but in real time and focus much more on combat.
It does not rewards player who can click faster, but emphasis on strategy, ships composition, Capital Ships taking the correct ability and using at the right time. Which planet to take and fortify or give up and which to be an economic powerhouse.How adaptive you are to the enemies. You focus most of your attention for combat and ship build up, leveling of capital ships and Titan.
SOASE Rebellion allow you to change the game speed on the fly so you can anyhow adjust the game to a speed you are comfortable with and pause when needed.
I find it a refreshing take taking the best mechanics and leaving the undesirable mechanics of the stressful competitive RTS games or Turn based games which you wait too long and really mess up when too many enemies enter the fray.
It allows you to keep the excitement with a speed you are comfortable with,
Post edited December 14, 2015 by Gnostic
Gnostic: F,
Thank you! Sounds like Sins and Galactic Civ III are both good games, but I am leaning toward Sin to try first. I really appreciate your input, very helpful :)
Gnostic: F,
trentonlf: Thank you! Sounds like Sins and Galactic Civ III are both good games, but I am leaning toward Sin to try first. I really appreciate your input, very helpful :)
Oh I forgot to add Sins do not have a real campaign. It is a sandbox where you build your own story. you can give and take quest from other opponents and allied for Tech / economic advantage. Or if you see an allied planet with artifacts you are drooling for, you can bribe the AI enemies / pirates to attack your friends and capture it yourself later.

Some people may avoid RTS without campaign. I think Sins AI and sandbox is good enough without campaign.
Post edited December 14, 2015 by Gnostic