It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Brought to you by GOG.com

<span class="bold">Pacific General</span> and <span class="bold">Fantasy General</span>, the accessible, Panzer-like grand strategy classics, are available now DRM-free on GOG.com!

<span class="bold">Pacific General</span>, available for Windows, is a spiritual sequel from the studio behind the acclaimed Panzer General series - an improvement over the classic, but one that retains the same feel and concepts as its inspiration. Once more we return to the overhead battlefields of World War II in a series of quick-play scenarios and full-blown campaigns: everything from Pearl Harbor to hypothetical invasion scenarios is here, all packaged in a relatively newbie-friendly grand-strategy package. <span class="bold">Fantasy General</span> takes that same experience and sets it in a fantasy universe. This one's for you if you're a fan of large-scale hex-based battlefields and steampunk-infused fantasy. Fantasy General is available for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.
<span class="bold">Pacific General</span> and <span class="bold">Fantasy General</span> are being published by GOG.com. We are happy to release these titles not on behalf of another party, but by acting as the sole publisher for the very first time!

Unleash your inner armchair general with <span class="bold">Pacific General</span> and <span class="bold">Fantasy General</span>, available now, DRM-free on GOG.com!
vicklemos: Thanks again! I'm also glad for having true gems in here too.
And sorry if I was a little too picky. Wish you all the best of luck and yep, count me in :)
JudasIscariot: Dude, you're asking questions, which is good!, so no need to apologize for anything :) Relax, mang :D
:)

Trilarion: Two of my all time favorites!
The GOG folks are in --- tears of joy mode --- everytime someone sez that :P
Manly tears, of course.

(except for that cool lady who plays Rayman Origins :P)

And I'm sad because I stopped for a sec and thought "what was I playing in 1997?" and then that "oh... not that one" not-so-random memory occurred to me :(
But hey, I'm happy for your 1997! :D
Barry_Woodward: Can you look into getting the rights to the [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dungeon_Master_(video_game)]Dungeon Master[/url] series? I believe the rights currently belong to Wayne Holder, founder of the defunct FTL Games. The games have never been released digitally, and nothing has been done with the IP for a long time.

Vote for the games on the wishlist:

Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master: Chaos Strikes Back
Dungeon Master II: The Legend Of Skullkeep
tfishell: My side of things, for what it's worth:

Both Sinistar and I got in touch with the right person, and things were going along okay for a little while, then communications abruptly stopped and haven't started up again. :(

Perhaps it could happen if they can actually meet face to face with this person.
Could you elaborate on that some more? When you say "things were going along okay for a little while", what do you mean by that? Did Wayne Holder show interest in releasing the series digitally? Was GOG actually involved?
Post edited May 05, 2015 by Barry_Woodward
Hmm, i have only played Panzer general games
never tried Fantasy General
can anyone give some pros and cons to Fantasy general and also an explanation why its considered a good classic by somone.
Whislisted pacific general but im still unsure about fantasy general.
Oh wow, this is huge.
Unexpected turn of events this "GOG goes publishing".
The games are not my cup of tea but makes me wonder what's next ;)
Post edited May 05, 2015 by Daliz
tfishell: My side of things, for what it's worth:

Both Sinistar and I got in touch with the right person, and things were going along okay for a little while, then communications abruptly stopped and haven't started up again. :(

Perhaps it could happen if they can actually meet face to face with this person.
Barry_Woodward: Could you elaborate on that some more? When you say "things were going along okay for a little while", what do you mean by that? Was GOG involved?
I'm not sure what I can or should say. I'll say this: contact via email had been made between, afaik, the appropriate parties.
Oh man this is amazing! I've been waiting for the Fantasy General re-release for ages!! (translation: insta-buy and good one, GOG!)
Trilarion: Well with this release you have come a bit closer to the original goal of GOG. :) I'm thankful for every single classic that comes back.
JudasIscariot: I'm happy that someone thought it would be cool to have the rights to these two games instead of just leaving them out there :)
Time to update some Gogmix aga-a-a-a-ain :P
JudasIscariot: Well, that's actually an interesting point :) This "GOG goes into publishing" thing is just the beginning for what we hope will be a very fruitful process regarding securing the rights to some classics that may not be completely abandoned but are up for sale for whatever reason :)
System Shock! System Shock! System....

JudasIscariot: Keep in mind this doesn't mean we are going to work miracles with games whose legal limbo woes are worse than an infinity of Gordian knots.
Aw, $#!+.
JudasIscariot: Well, that's actually an interesting point :) This "GOG goes into publishing" thing is just the beginning for what we hope will be a very fruitful process regarding securing the rights to some classics that may not be completely abandoned but are up for sale for whatever reason :)
zorach: System Shock! System Shock! System....

JudasIscariot: Keep in mind this doesn't mean we are going to work miracles with games whose legal limbo woes are worse than an infinity of Gordian knots.
zorach: Aw, $#!+.
Sorry but I'd rather not get everyone's hopes up and yes, I know which game(s) you were thinking of :)
moonshineshadow: GOG publishing the games? Interesting.
Interesting turn of events, indeedy. Maybe this was to be expected, as Night Dive Five of what the heck his name was was becoming maybe too Steam-centric. GOG had to respond somehow.

Maybe the NOLF games next? :)

Oh, I have Fantasy General retail version. The CD music in it is just great, I hope the GOG version has high quality version of the music (straight from the CD image hopefully?). I've never much played it yet, I didn't quite grasp the gameplay. :) But it was nice to listen to at least.
Welcome aboard, GOG! Hope to see you guys release more of your games on GOG.

:D
:-)
Wow, great releases! And kudos on being the actual publisher. Clearly GOG is expanding the business in new directions. Maybe you'll be interesting in buying outright some of the games I've been trying to track down. :)
JudasIscariot: Yes, this is the BIG THING I was hyping a while back :D
Quite hype-worthy. It may look small at the moment, but it has the potential to be huge.
Post edited May 05, 2015 by IAmSinistar
timppu: Maybe the NOLF games next? :)
From what I've read, that is well and truly stuck in release limbo. Rights are supposedly held between a couple of parties and ... Well it's easier to just read this article and get depressed.

http://kotaku.com/the-sad-story-behind-a-dead-pc-game-that-cant-come-back-1688358811