It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Brought to you by GOG.com

<span class="bold">Pacific General</span> and <span class="bold">Fantasy General</span>, the accessible, Panzer-like grand strategy classics, are available now DRM-free on GOG.com!

<span class="bold">Pacific General</span>, available for Windows, is a spiritual sequel from the studio behind the acclaimed Panzer General series - an improvement over the classic, but one that retains the same feel and concepts as its inspiration. Once more we return to the overhead battlefields of World War II in a series of quick-play scenarios and full-blown campaigns: everything from Pearl Harbor to hypothetical invasion scenarios is here, all packaged in a relatively newbie-friendly grand-strategy package. <span class="bold">Fantasy General</span> takes that same experience and sets it in a fantasy universe. This one's for you if you're a fan of large-scale hex-based battlefields and steampunk-infused fantasy. Fantasy General is available for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.
<span class="bold">Pacific General</span> and <span class="bold">Fantasy General</span> are being published by GOG.com. We are happy to release these titles not on behalf of another party, but by acting as the sole publisher for the very first time!

Unleash your inner armchair general with <span class="bold">Pacific General</span> and <span class="bold">Fantasy General</span>, available now, DRM-free on GOG.com!
On second thoughts, its a real shame GOG hadnt already gotten into publishing when the Titan Quest and Homeworld IPs were available :/.

(and yes im buying both PG and FG yes!!)
Post edited May 05, 2015 by Niggles
Great move GOG. Now People's General please :)
vicklemos: Lemme summon our beloved Judas in here... :P

Why these games? A personal fav or something?
Gotta say I'm impressed with the screens and having played PG some while ago, I'm curious.

And will you guys stick to classics, I mean, wouldn't you provide a huge boost for indie/newer games? Man if I were an indie dev I'd beg you guys* to publish my game; honestly speaking in here :)

Cheers!

* edit: you guys or some other awesome indie publisher like Devolver or something :P
JudasIscariot: Why these games? Maybe the amount of wishlist votes and the rights availability had something to do with it, I don't truly know, just glad to have them here, to be honest :)

Will we stick to the classics? Again, too early to tell how this whole shindig is going to go so let's not get too hyped up :)
Thanks again! I'm also glad for having true gems in here too.
And sorry if I was a little too picky. Wish you all the best of luck and yep, count me in :)
Hmm I thought these were already on GOG.
Than again they're not my type of game so I wasn't paying much attention.
Nice release for the aficionados.
JudasIscariot: Why these games? Maybe the amount of wishlist votes and the rights availability had something to do with it, I don't truly know, just glad to have them here, to be honest :)

Will we stick to the classics? Again, too early to tell how this whole shindig is going to go so let's not get too hyped up :)
vicklemos: Thanks again! I'm also glad for having true gems in here too.
And sorry if I was a little too picky. Wish you all the best of luck and yep, count me in :)
Dude, you're asking questions, which is good!, so no need to apologize for anything :) Relax, mang :D
high rated
Cadaver747: GOG: We have Pacific & Fantasy General games!
Valve: What? What are you talking about?
GOG: You know, two very great games from SSI the producers of Panzer General series. You want it?
Valve: Umm... okay, give it away.
GOG: Heh-heh, not so fast. First give us your Half-Life games!
Valve: No.
GOG: No? Really?
More like..

GOG: We have Pacific & Fantasy General games!
Valve:
GOG: ?
Valve:
GOG Community: yeah that's all fine and dandy but it's not <insert favourite game here>, you could have chose a better game <blah blah blah>
GOG: ?
GOG Community: Let us know when you acquire NOLF
GOG: <sigh>
Yay, very good news.
Considering I am jsut playing Fantasy Wars (for the second time) which is inspired by Fantasy General and I never got chance to try FG, I am certainly going to try this one soon.
Fantasy General was one of those games I always wanted to play as a huge fan of Panzer General but never got around to it. And you guys even released it for Mac? GOG is the best, thanks!
JudasIscariot: ... Will we stick to the classics? ...
Well with this release you have come a bit closer to the original goal of GOG. :) I'm thankful for every single classic that comes back.
Very cool to see you getting into publishing GOG, though I kind of wish you had done this when the Homeworld rights were up. ;-)

I assume this is thanks in part to GOG now having a US office, and big companies like Activision and Ubi not making time to sort through rights or whatever, but having a willingness to sell them? Something like that?

Hope to see more Ubisoft/GOG classics here, and FINALLY some more Activision games. ;)

Great work! And tell the dude with the Bugs Bunny avatar that the wishlist actually means something. ;)
Post edited May 05, 2015 by tfishell
Vitek: Yay, very good news.
Considering I am jsut playing Fantasy Wars (for the second time) which is inspired by Fantasy General and I never got chance to try FG, I am certainly going to try this one soon.
Graphics was ... kind of greenish, brownish muddy style already way back then, but apart from this. I'm very excited about these releases and reliving the happy memories of many, many hours.

Also there are/were quite some (free) mods for Pacific General available. Time to search for them again. :)
Post edited May 05, 2015 by Trilarion
JudasIscariot: ... Will we stick to the classics? ...
Trilarion: Well with this release you have come a bit closer to the original goal of GOG. :) I'm thankful for every single classic that comes back.
I'm happy that someone thought it would be cool to have the rights to these two games instead of just leaving them out there :)
JudasIscariot: Yes, this is the BIG THING I was hyping a while back :D
Cool, hope y'all have some other titles in the pipeline! This is actual "Good News!"
Barry_Woodward: Can you look into getting the rights to the [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dungeon_Master_(video_game)]Dungeon Master[/url] series? I believe the rights currently belong to Wayne Holder, founder of the defunct FTL Games. The games have never been released digitally, and nothing has been done with the IP for a long time.

Vote for the games on the wishlist:

Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master: Chaos Strikes Back
Dungeon Master II: The Legend Of Skullkeep
My side of things, for what it's worth:

Both Sinistar and I got in touch with the right person, and things were going along okay for a little while, then communications abruptly stopped and haven't started up again. :(

Perhaps it could happen if they can actually meet face to face with this person.
moonshineshadow: GOG publishing the games? Interesting.
JudasIscariot: Yes, this is the BIG THING I was hyping a while back :D
Try bringing Space Dude next . Pretty please :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqozuOfbhQE