It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Brought to you by GOG.com

<span class="bold">Pacific General</span> and <span class="bold">Fantasy General</span>, the accessible, Panzer-like grand strategy classics, are available now DRM-free on GOG.com!

<span class="bold">Pacific General</span>, available for Windows, is a spiritual sequel from the studio behind the acclaimed Panzer General series - an improvement over the classic, but one that retains the same feel and concepts as its inspiration. Once more we return to the overhead battlefields of World War II in a series of quick-play scenarios and full-blown campaigns: everything from Pearl Harbor to hypothetical invasion scenarios is here, all packaged in a relatively newbie-friendly grand-strategy package. <span class="bold">Fantasy General</span> takes that same experience and sets it in a fantasy universe. This one's for you if you're a fan of large-scale hex-based battlefields and steampunk-infused fantasy. Fantasy General is available for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.
<span class="bold">Pacific General</span> and <span class="bold">Fantasy General</span> are being published by GOG.com. We are happy to release these titles not on behalf of another party, but by acting as the sole publisher for the very first time!

Unleash your inner armchair general with <span class="bold">Pacific General</span> and <span class="bold">Fantasy General</span>, available now, DRM-free on GOG.com!
high rated
JudasIscariot: Dude, that last question is a rather broad question and goes WAY over my head :) I am just a simple Product guy, not a decision maker or someone who speaks with devs about "why they should work with us" :) Sorry for the seeming evasiveness but I prefer giving answers to questions that I a) know what I am talking about and b) I have permission to share a given answer :)
Come on, Judas...we can't have an open and honest relationship if you're worrying about silly things like getting fired for mentioning stuff you don't have "permission" to. ;)
JudasIscariot: Speaking for myself and myself alone from a gamer's perspective, I kinda hope they remain exclusive :)

What we, as a company, decide, well, my crystal ball is in the shop on that one :)
MacArthur: Do you know if you have any plans for allowing third parties to kickstart new entries in those series ? Or if it would just be possible ?

The guys of seven dragon saga, TSI I think, would probably love this idea !
THAT would be great!
Schnuff: Oh man, 2 of those games i played for weeks....and I'm broke
A question - which of the two is superior, in your experience?
Grargar: Maybe, maybe not. If you can't even get a response from him, you can't make a deal in the first place.
But the post you linked to said GOG had a dialogue going with him for a while. At the time GOG wasn't looking to publish the Dungeon Master games themselves, were they? Perhaps Wayne Holder didn't want to go through the hassle of publishing himself?

Vote for the games on the wishlist:

Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master: Chaos Strikes Back
Dungeon Master II: The Legend Of Skullkeep
Post edited May 05, 2015 by Barry_Woodward
high rated
GOG now publishing games brings new options to deal with with steam:

GOG: "We have Panzer + Fantasie General."
Valve: "We know."
GOG: "You want it?"
Valve: "Yes of course!"
GOG: "How about you bring Halflife 1 + Addons DRM-free to GOG.com and we release Panzer General series on steam?"
Valve: "Deal!"
Cadaver747: I wonder why GOG haven't done this earlier before Night Dive Studious. They too pursued System Shock 2 digital release.
Hazard to guess time and money?. Maybe they have plenty of both and now dived straight in.

Congrats GOG for taking this big step. Hopefully plenty of oldies will get hovered up by you now & plenty of exclusives now and in future..all drm free of course :)
Two great old-school releases and GOG themselves publishing?
Nice :D
Barry_Woodward: But the post you linked to said GOG had a dialogue going with him for a while. At the time they weren't looking to publish the Dungeon Master games themselves, were they? Perhaps Wayne Holder didn't want to go through the hassle of publishing himself?
The post I linked also said that Sinistar shouldn't expect a response (after contacting him recently) and that people who asked him about permission for source ports got no answer either. Like I said, maybe GOG can make it work (now that they have offices in the United States and are publishing) or maybe they'll get the stiff cold shoulder again.
Lemme summon our beloved Judas in here... :P

Why these games? A personal fav or something?
Gotta say I'm impressed with the screens and having played PG some while ago, I'm curious.

And will you guys stick to classics, I mean, wouldn't you provide a huge boost for indie/newer games? Man if I were an indie dev I'd beg you guys* to publish my game; honestly speaking in here :)

Cheers!

* edit: you guys or some other awesome indie publisher like Devolver or something :P
Post edited May 05, 2015 by vicklemos
Awesome job GOG, thank you.
JudasIscariot: Dude, that last question is a rather broad question and goes WAY over my head :) I am just a simple Product guy, not a decision maker or someone who speaks with devs about "why they should work with us" :) Sorry for the seeming evasiveness but I prefer giving answers to questions that I a) know what I am talking about and b) I have permission to share a given answer :)
Thanks for the response ;) In fact, it would be better if in the coming days, the GOG guys give more information and clarification about this publishing feature in a B2B perspective as it goes well beyond the simple "submit your game" page (reminds me I have to use it next month when my game is finally done ^o^)

So, if you can request those infos at the decision makers so we can put a word about GOG in some professional places like TIGsource, Gamasutra, etc... Main points to answer:

- Exclusivity?
- Managements rights? Which period of time? Global rights or per region?
- Dealing only with old games or open to current indies?
- If open to indies : open application form or is it at GOG's discretion to deal with a few chosen amongst the market?
- Marketing and PR advantages?
- Revenue split?
Instawishlisted :)
JudasIscariot: I cannot reveal whether a given title is or isn't coming to our site, NDAs and all that.
Does this NDA apply interdimensionally? Because every time you don't tell us here a Judas in an alternate dimension would be sharing everything. So you're already in clear violation in the books and may as well tell us what you know. ;D
viperfdl: GOG: "We have Panzer + Fantasie General."
Valve: "We know."
GOG: "You want it?"
Valve: "Yes of course!"
GOG: "How about you bring Halflife 1 + Addons DRM-free to GOG.com and we release Panzer General series on steam?"
Valve: "Deal!"
GOG: We have Pacific & Fantasy General games!
Valve: What? What are you talking about?
GOG: You know, two very great games from SSI the producers of Panzer General series. You want it?
Valve: Umm... okay, give it away.
GOG: Heh-heh, not so fast. First give us your Half-Life games!
Valve: No.
GOG: No? Really?
Post edited May 05, 2015 by Cadaver747
Hmm... Fantasy General was released in 1996? I could have sworn a certain other game was released that same year... *cough*FishFreddi2*cough*