It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

“There's only one thing that can save a man from madness and that's uncertainty.”

<span class="bold">Metro 2033 Redux</span> the ultimate edition of one of the most compelling survival FPS games, is available now for Windows, DRM-free on GOG.com. Get it up to 60% off with the launch promo!

The bombs fell sometime in July 2013. A nuclear exchange in the Middle East turns global - the United States go quickly, but they do not go quietly. Neither does Russia. The remnants of humanity are saved by an unimposing marvel of modern engineering: the kilometers of underground tunnels that weave below what are now memories of a bustling Moscow. The year is 2033, your home is the Metro.

Metro 2033 is a video game adaptation of an award winning Russian novel by Dmitry Glukhovsky - the survival horror / FPS blend took gamers by surprise with its masterfully thick horror atmosphere and a compelling, fresh, uniquely Russian universe. Metro 2033 Redux is a remastered edition, but it's also far beyond just a graphics update - thanks to significant gameplay and design updates, this release is a game fresh enough even for veterans to truly enjoy. With new graphics, new map design, impressive technical improvements and plenty of new gameplay elements - this is without a doubt the definitive way to experience Metro 2033.

Pick up both <span class="bold">Metro 2033: Redux</span> and the sequel, <span class="bold">Metro: Last Light Redux</span> in a single DRM-free bundle to get 60% off both titles, or pick up today's release or sequel at 50% off individually. The launch discount will last for 5 days, until Monday, July 27 at 9:59 AM GMT.
ne_zavarj: Hmm . Are these Metro games playable on a Phenom II 920 + Radeon HD 5850 ?
I played them on an i5 2500 and a HD 6870. Both, my CPU and GPU are only slightly faster than yours and I could play the games without big problems (= without going below 30fps @1920x1080). I can't remember my settings though... I think it was low-medium. But the games still looked great.
Cool release! I hope this means that Saints Row 4 is coming up soon. :)
real.geizterfahr: I played them on an i5 2500 and a HD 6870. Both, my CPU and GPU are only slightly faster than yours and I could play the games without big problems (= without going below 30fps @1920x1080). I can't remember my settings though... I think it was low-medium. But the games still looked great.
Thanks for the reply .
Zoidberg: Maybe. But I do with the information I'm given.
mrkgnao: In case you're interested, the information you're not given is regularly available here: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/good_news_price_updates (you're in regDE).
Thanks!
Moar!
Instabought this sucker like I'm playing it tonight. (I'm actually going to sleep early to drive from Iowa to Minnesota at first light.) But the backlog is even more shiny now. Thanks GOG!
HunchBluntley: What on Earth makes you think GOG has access to the Mac and Linux versions, but is sitting on them?
adamhm: This post... they're unavailable due to unspecified technical issues
Ganni1987: There's one thing I don't do, and that is I don't speak if I didn't have an idea. The post adamhm was the one that sprung my big disappointment in GOG when Last Light came here. I don't know the exact reason they didn't say anything about this one.
OK. I didn't know about that post...but that still doesn't necessarily mean the same applies to this game -- though, I admit, in light of that post regarding Last Light's Mac & Linux versions, it's likely the case for this game, as well. Good to know there are at least some more major Windows games that are already here that have versions for the non-Windows crowd slated for release...Soon™-er or later. =D
Instabought! Thank you Deep Silver and GOG! And, as others have said, please also release the original non-redux versions here as well so I can instabuy them and have a complete Metro collection! :)
Bought! Great to see this here. I'd love to see the original versions here just completion's sake if nothing else. Can't wait to see more Deep Silver titles make their way here!
Ganni1987: That's what I want, if they don't want to officially support the Linux version then fine but don't withhold this from your customers.

GOG is being completely unfair here, just because they don't see a certain version good enough for their standards doesn't everybody else will share the same opinion. I can't speak for the Mac versions, but from what I can tell by watching a few youtube recordings the Linux versions aren't so bad.

And then you wonder why people turn to Steam, piracy, cracks and all this stuff.
HunchBluntley: What on Earth makes you think GOG has access to the Mac and Linux versions, but is sitting on them? The most likely scenario is that the rights for those versions are separate from the Windows version (and possibly from each other)...
I gather many times GOG takes a little while to release the Linux/Mac versions until they make sure they can support the game on all systems, the installer is working ok, etc. Also I reckon GOG re-packages each installer sent by devs, unlike Steam where the devs can upload and update installers themselves (or at least I heard that several times up until months ago).
Post edited July 22, 2015 by RafaelLVX
RafaelLVX: I gather many times GOG takes a little while to release the Linux/Mac versions until they make sure they can support the game on all systems, the installer is working ok, etc. Also I reckon GOG re-packages each installer sent by devs, unlike Steam where the devs can upload and update installers themselves (or at least I heard that several times up until months ago).
Of course the bit about packaging the installers is true. I was just questioning his assumption that GOG had access to the Linux build, but had chosen not to release it since it wasn't flawless. Clearly, GOG doesn't have a problem releasing games that still have some "issues". ;D

Also, adamhm later provided a link to a blue post that somewhat justified Ganni1987's assumption (though not the "GOG being unfair / piracy justified!" parts).
Nicole28: Cool release! I hope this means that Saints Row 4 is coming up soon. :)
Is this true? Will SR4 show up on GOG?
Nicole28: Cool release! I hope this means that Saints Row 4 is coming up soon. :)
IronArcturus: Is this true? Will SR4 show up on GOG?
As likely as Dead Island. Which is to say, no bloody idea.
IronArcturus: Is this true? Will SR4 show up on GOG?
Grargar: As likely as Dead Island. Which is to say, no bloody idea.
I wonder if the sales for SR2 and 3 were good enough to bring SR4 to GOG... It definitely would be nice.
RafaelLVX: I gather many times GOG takes a little while to release the Linux/Mac versions until they make sure they can support the game on all systems, the installer is working ok, etc. Also I reckon GOG re-packages each installer sent by devs, unlike Steam where the devs can upload and update installers themselves (or at least I heard that several times up until months ago).
HunchBluntley: Of course the bit about packaging the installers is true. I was just questioning his assumption that GOG had access to the Linux build, but had chosen not to release it since it wasn't flawless. Clearly, GOG doesn't have a problem releasing games that still have some "issues". ;D

Also, adamhm later provided a link to a blue post that somewhat justified Ganni1987's assumption (though not the "GOG being unfair / piracy justified!" parts).
No, that's exactly my point, they do not release games with known issues if it can be avoided, that post you refer to is exactly what I'm talking about, and this happened before many times. Sometimes it's about technical issues, sometimes testing, sometimes re-packaging installers... in this case it's about technical issues it seems.

HunchBluntley: Also, adamhm later provided a link to a blue post that somewhat justified Ganni1987's assumption (though not the "GOG being unfair / piracy justified!" parts).
Adamhm's post only shows the fact that GOG has set a bar and has not yet met its own the requisites for the Linux release, I don't see how it justifies Ganni's rant, unless by justify you mean he was right about GOG having the opinion that the game is not ready for Linux...