It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

“There's only one thing that can save a man from madness and that's uncertainty.”

<span class="bold">Metro 2033 Redux</span> the ultimate edition of one of the most compelling survival FPS games, is available now for Windows, DRM-free on GOG.com. Get it up to 60% off with the launch promo!

The bombs fell sometime in July 2013. A nuclear exchange in the Middle East turns global - the United States go quickly, but they do not go quietly. Neither does Russia. The remnants of humanity are saved by an unimposing marvel of modern engineering: the kilometers of underground tunnels that weave below what are now memories of a bustling Moscow. The year is 2033, your home is the Metro.

Metro 2033 is a video game adaptation of an award winning Russian novel by Dmitry Glukhovsky - the survival horror / FPS blend took gamers by surprise with its masterfully thick horror atmosphere and a compelling, fresh, uniquely Russian universe. Metro 2033 Redux is a remastered edition, but it's also far beyond just a graphics update - thanks to significant gameplay and design updates, this release is a game fresh enough even for veterans to truly enjoy. With new graphics, new map design, impressive technical improvements and plenty of new gameplay elements - this is without a doubt the definitive way to experience Metro 2033.

Pick up both <span class="bold">Metro 2033: Redux</span> and the sequel, <span class="bold">Metro: Last Light Redux</span> in a single DRM-free bundle to get 60% off both titles, or pick up today's release or sequel at 50% off individually. The launch discount will last for 5 days, until Monday, July 27 at 9:59 AM GMT.
wolfsrain: This. I definitely prefer the older versions.
Nirth: Why?
See geizterfahr post. He basically resumed quite well the why.
I haven't gotten around finishing Metro 2033 but glad to see the wholeredux series here, drm free, and fairly priced.
Impaler26: real.geizterfahr posted a good example in post #34.
Yeah, I've noticed it afterwards and edited the comment, but goggers are super fast at replying. :P
Nice to see the whole redux series here now. I think I will wait for Metro 2033 though. I like the uncertainty of dark spaces more. Eitherway nice release.
Post edited July 22, 2015 by Matruchus
Zoidberg: I haven't gotten around finishing Metro 2033 but glad to see the wholeredux series here, drm free, and fairly priced.
Just because it lacks a fair-price package doesn't mean that it isn't regionally-priced. It's just that in this case, we end up paying less. (€20 vs $25).
GOG should provide non-redux original old version as bonus extras since these games don't even have wallpapers and/or avatars.
Ganni1987: Can someone from GOG clarify why there's no Linux version of this too?
adamhm: Also if it would be possible to provide the Linux version at least on an unsupported/"at own risk" basis...
That's what I want, if they don't want to officially support the Linux version then fine but don't withhold this from your customers.

GOG is being completely unfair here, just because they don't see a certain version good enough for their standards doesn't everybody else will share the same opinion. I can't speak for the Mac versions, but from what I can tell by watching a few youtube recordings the Linux versions aren't so bad.

And then you wonder why people turn to Steam, piracy, cracks and all this stuff.
Insta-bought!

I have the non-Redux version on Steam, but I guess I consider this as the preferable version, even if some seem to like the original for some reason.
I've unleashed the dust bunnies from my wallet. Actually I lie, I used paypal so dust bunnies probably still in captivity.

One day I'll own more games on GOG than on steam. Little by little.
Telika: Any chance to ever get the non-redux version ?

You know, for good-old-gaming, curating, sake ?
Seconded.

Whilst certainly not a bad game, 2033 Redux's gameplay mechanics have been dumbed down (LL-style), the bullet sponge enemies are back (especially the mutants) and the game's rife with glitches. Incindentally, here's a classic heads-up for those of you getting a black screen after startup: right-click on exe, run as admin.
real.geizterfahr: You don't have to have a Nvidia card. All you have to do is to install Nvidia PhysX, even if you have an AMD card. Game works fine then.
GabiMoro: Thanks, I'll check it out.
Ah yeah, I had the same thing with Borderlands and my ATI card, needed PhysX for that too...

Weird that the sequel turned up before this one but I'm glad it decided to join the DRM free party eventually...
Post edited July 22, 2015 by Fever_Discordia
GOG should provide non-redux original good old Metro game as bonus goodies.
Ganni1987: Can someone from GOG clarify why there's no Linux version of this too?
Would like to know that as well. I have it on Steam, but would buy it again if GOG had the Linux version. Very strange to only have one of three versions of the game.
Good to see the series being completed with both of the Metro Redux games here now I just wish GOG had been a little more open regarding the eventual release of the first one when they released Metro LL Redux.

As for the original games its all very subjective and a matter of taste as always, having played very little of the original Metro 2033 I'm not going to be affected by the changes in Redux but I can certainly understand if people want the option here as its always better to provide more choices to the customers.
Post edited July 22, 2015 by stg83
Excellent, I was holding off on playing Last Light until this showed up, glad it's here now. :-)