It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We're casting True Resurrection on Eye of the Beholder and twelve more D&D GoldBox classics.

You are sitting in a tavern. The mighty Wizards of the Coast bestow upon you their greatest treasures: Forgotten Realms: The Archives - long lost relics of an RPG renaissance that changed the face of gaming forever. Today, one of the forgotten grails of gaming history is within your grasp, should you travel to a magical, DRM-free realm known as GOG.com

Eye of the Beholder, Pool of Radiance, Menzoberranzan - the list of groundbreaking RPG classics goes on. We set out on the quest for Forgotten Realms: The Archives a long time ago, and though it was a perilous journey - after years of searching, huge help from our friends at Hasbro and Wizards of The Coast, as well as months of technical work - we get to be freaking excited to sit here and say:
Forgotten Realms: The Archives are available now, DRM-free on GOG.com

The Archives are a set of thirteen D&D GoldBox classics packaged across three collections:
--<span class="bold">Forgotten Realms: The Archives - Collection One</span> features Eye of the Beholder I, II, and III. It's the three and only, the gold-standard in classic RPG dungeon crawling.

--<span class="bold">Forgotten Realms: The Archives - Collection Two</span> features more gameplay hours and secrets than we could ever count - with Pool of Radiance, Hillsfar, Curse of the Azure Bonds, Gateway to the Savage Frontier, Pools of Darkness, Secret of the Silver Blades, Treasures of the Savage Frontier, and D&D: Unlimited Adventures.

--<span class="bold">Forgotten Realms: The Archives - Collection Three</span> features near-infinite replay value and and an important chunk of RPG history with Dungeon Hack and Menzoberranzan.

We are now home to precisely 20 years of digital D&D RPG history - from Pool of Radiance (1988) to Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir (2008). You can also complete your personal collection with all the remaining D&D titles on sale at up to 80% off in our early D&amp;D Weekend Promo! Planescape Torment, Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights - they're all here, so head straight to the promo page, or read more about it.

Stream watch:

We'll be featuring lots of D&D classics at Twitch.tv/GOGcom - follow us to not miss 'em or read on for the full Dungeon-and-Dragon-filled schedule below!

THURSDAY, August 20th:
2pm GMT / 4pm CEST / 10am EDT / 7am PDT: Pool of Radiance with Classicor
4pm GMT / 6pm CEST / 12pm EDT / 9am PDT: Eye of the Beholder II with MegapiemanPHD
6pm GMT / 8pm CEST / 2pm EDT / 11am PDT: Eye of the Beholder with Outstar
10pm GMT / 12am CEST / 6pm EDT / 3pm PDT: Menzoberranzan with Classicor

FRIDAY, August 21st:
6pm GMT / 8pm CEST / 2pm EDT / 11am PDT: Curse of the Azure Bonds with Piranjade

SUNDAY, August 23rd:
10pm GMT / 12am CEST / 6pm EDT / 3pm PDT: Dungeon Hack with Classicor
Is the character importing feature available in the Gog versions ?
Barry_Woodward: Neverwinter Night Offline - Single Player FRUA Remake:

http://frua.rosedragon.org/pc/modules/n/neverwin.zip

Gameplay Video
Thanks for this! There seems to be many interesting modules!
UPDATE to the "stream watch" above: In addition to the streams mentioned, there will also be a "Eye of the Beholder 3" stream tonight (friday) at 8 pm GMT/10 pm CEST by Flaose, and me doing "Dungeon Hack" on sunday at 10pm GMT / midnight CEST.

Oh and both Neverwinter Nights games get promo streams on Monday, me with NwN 2 at 2 pm GMT / 4 pm CEST and Outstar doing NWN 1 at 8 pm GMT / 10 pm CEST.
Post edited August 21, 2015 by Classicor
ne_zavarj: Is the character importing feature available in the Gog versions ?
As far as I checked, yes. If you have any problems or something is missing (shouldn't be!) then send me a message.
Venita: As far as I checked, yes. If you have any problems or something is missing (shouldn't be!) then send me a message.
Thanks for the reply .
timppu: Question about the Goldbox games: which are considered as the best versions? PC? Commodore 64? Something else? Or no clear winner? Did Amiga have any of the games? I guess Mobygames knows...
PetrusOctavianus: But playing the DOS versions is swifter (no emulating disk swapping) and more convenient.
All the Amiga ports of the goldbox games could be installed to hard disk (or hard disk image) for quicker access, with no disk swapping required.

seikilos: So how do the goldbox games pc versions compare to the c64 versions?
The Commodore 64 ports offer better music and sound, but the PC versions offer much better graphics (higher resolution and more detailed).

The Commodore 64 ports never completed a single series though, so the PC versions offer the major advantage of been able to play completely through each series.

It is a shame the Commodore 64 ports stopped with Gateway to the Savage Frontier, especially when it was such a terrible port. The previous Commodore 64 port (Death Knights of Krynn) was very well done, and they should have continued in that style.
Post edited August 21, 2015 by Kirben
DoctorPirx: Thanks!
Yes, he is. One of the first Let's Players I ever wtached (and enjoyed).

(By the way: If anyone wants to cheat in their Forgotten Realms Games, google "aulddragon uge modules". He did some fantatsic work there.)
lostwolfe: he's always pretty thorough, which is one of the reasons i like him. i don't remember which game it was, but i remember watching him set up systematic tests and was blown away by how much he knew about the game.
Indeed. And you can have very fruitfull discussions with him about Gold Box mechanics. :)
HOLY ****! Are you freaking kidding me GOG?! This is absolutely amazing!
!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!
*thud*

All my thanks to everyone involved who made this happen. This just made my year.
JudasIscariot: Most of them *should* be set within Faerun, which is the setting that Baldur's Gate uses :) Planescape: Torment's world is another setting entirely within the Forgotten Realms :)
Crosmando: How are you going to categorize the Kyrnn gold box games?
The Krynn trilogy was set in D&D's Dragonlance setting.
LiquidOxygen80: You are one lucky mofo! If you attempted to uninstall it when it first came out, it'd take out your Windows partition with it!
Kalanyr: That "only" happened if you didn't install it in the default location (C:\Program Files\Whatever it was). Which was still awful and definitely something to be wary of since almost everyone who installs it today will have it in a non-standard location since it wasn't designed with the Program Files split that the 64-bit architectures introduced in mind,
I never installed it in the default location and still it did not wipe my HDD. But since I got my version of the game several years after it's release, maybe they produced a second or third edition of install CDs, that got rid of the problem.
BiggerJ: The Krynn trilogy was set in D&D's Dragonlance setting.
That was my point.
Dralel: Let's say I wanted to get somebody new in on this. What do you guys recommend they play first? Eye of the Beholder or Dungeon Hack? Also which EotB games to play/avoid? Thanks!
Dungeon Hack is just a dungeon crawler with randomly generated dungeons and without any story or non-nostile NPCs to back it up.

The games of the EOB series actually have handmade dungeons and a backstory. EOB1 is nice, but because of it's non-linearity you could easily miss almost half of it's content and would not even be aware of the fact. EOB2 improved upon nearly all of EOB1's aspects (story, graphics, level design) and is considered to be the best game of the trilogy. EOB3 was not made by Westwood but by an internal SSI dev team and it shows. Graphics are poorer, level design and overall performance of the game was worse than that of EOB2. The sound design of EOB3 is horrible.

My advice would be: Start with EOB2. If you liked it, play EOB1, import your party into EOB2 and play it again.
stryx: I'm afraid that would result in EOB4 having too many annoying teleporter riddles and pressure plate puzzles.
If I recall, Dungeon Master had a number of the latter as well. Possibly that's where the LoG folks got the inspiration.
low rated
The subforum has been renamed "Forgotton Realms Collection", but I still can't post.

Edit: I can now post there! Check out the topic I made about Dungeon Hack.
Post edited August 21, 2015 by dtgreene
Oh nice .. I was just thinking about Eye of the Beholder the other day and voted for it on gog.com - now its here :)