It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We're casting True Resurrection on Eye of the Beholder and twelve more D&D GoldBox classics.

You are sitting in a tavern. The mighty Wizards of the Coast bestow upon you their greatest treasures: Forgotten Realms: The Archives - long lost relics of an RPG renaissance that changed the face of gaming forever. Today, one of the forgotten grails of gaming history is within your grasp, should you travel to a magical, DRM-free realm known as GOG.com

Eye of the Beholder, Pool of Radiance, Menzoberranzan - the list of groundbreaking RPG classics goes on. We set out on the quest for Forgotten Realms: The Archives a long time ago, and though it was a perilous journey - after years of searching, huge help from our friends at Hasbro and Wizards of The Coast, as well as months of technical work - we get to be freaking excited to sit here and say:
Forgotten Realms: The Archives are available now, DRM-free on GOG.com

The Archives are a set of thirteen D&D GoldBox classics packaged across three collections:
--<span class="bold">Forgotten Realms: The Archives - Collection One</span> features Eye of the Beholder I, II, and III. It's the three and only, the gold-standard in classic RPG dungeon crawling.

--<span class="bold">Forgotten Realms: The Archives - Collection Two</span> features more gameplay hours and secrets than we could ever count - with Pool of Radiance, Hillsfar, Curse of the Azure Bonds, Gateway to the Savage Frontier, Pools of Darkness, Secret of the Silver Blades, Treasures of the Savage Frontier, and D&D: Unlimited Adventures.

--<span class="bold">Forgotten Realms: The Archives - Collection Three</span> features near-infinite replay value and and an important chunk of RPG history with Dungeon Hack and Menzoberranzan.

We are now home to precisely 20 years of digital D&D RPG history - from Pool of Radiance (1988) to Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir (2008). You can also complete your personal collection with all the remaining D&D titles on sale at up to 80% off in our early D&amp;D Weekend Promo! Planescape Torment, Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights - they're all here, so head straight to the promo page, or read more about it.

Stream watch:

We'll be featuring lots of D&D classics at Twitch.tv/GOGcom - follow us to not miss 'em or read on for the full Dungeon-and-Dragon-filled schedule below!

THURSDAY, August 20th:
2pm GMT / 4pm CEST / 10am EDT / 7am PDT: Pool of Radiance with Classicor
4pm GMT / 6pm CEST / 12pm EDT / 9am PDT: Eye of the Beholder II with MegapiemanPHD
6pm GMT / 8pm CEST / 2pm EDT / 11am PDT: Eye of the Beholder with Outstar
10pm GMT / 12am CEST / 6pm EDT / 3pm PDT: Menzoberranzan with Classicor

FRIDAY, August 21st:
6pm GMT / 8pm CEST / 2pm EDT / 11am PDT: Curse of the Azure Bonds with Piranjade

SUNDAY, August 23rd:
10pm GMT / 12am CEST / 6pm EDT / 3pm PDT: Dungeon Hack with Classicor
Zoidberg: Wow... a bit steep, no?
Collection 1 is 3 games for $9.99, Collection 2 is 8 games for $9.99, and Collection 3 is 2 games for $5.99.

Considered in that light, it's not too bad.
My hat's off to you, GOG. You've done amazingly well with the oldies in the past year! Well done indeed. Hoping for the Ravenloft games for Halloween. ;-)
high rated
Not really my cup of tea (especially with a ginormous backlog/two adorable little kids running around like maniacs) but damn GOG, publishing more and more games everyday?! Simply amazing! I don't know how you assured these games for eternity (:P) and that must have been lotsa work and effort - inimaginable, I guess- but you're all making a ton of us proud to be part of this. Wish I got here earlier, don't know why. The community here is so intense, filled with people who love these titles... couldn't be better.
I'm no D&D aficionado but seeing you compromised people publishing stuff, well, that's gotta be something truly unique and important as a whole.

First the Five Star General, a niche series so stunning (got me hooked on Fantasy General, I must admit), then the Warhammer strategy games which are part of the "foundations" of the series and now classic rpgs that were - I bet - part of history and now are available for everyone?
That's professionalism, true professionalism. You're delivering games people wanna play, even to this day.
Great deal you're revamping a lot of them: new OSs, manuals, artwork.

I really wonder what's next of GOG, since you guys can't stop there!

(ps: I expect no less than a high rated of this comment since it took me forever to write it on a virtual keyboard... you know, kids banging the wireless keyboard around isn't the best scenario :P)
This is such an epic day! I'm gonna grab them all, don't know if I'll ever play them but I do want them for an "historical" reason!
Iain: Someone already asked but n o confirmation.

Can someone confirm the need of the code wheels supplied as images with the packs. Do you have to print them and put them together to use and be able to play the games or have the games been fixed so that you either don't get asked or can just put anything in there.

Hillsfar is quickest and easiet to test this, start a pre rolled fighter, then head to fighters guild at top of map over towards left side near arena and when you speak to the master it should ask for code then.
Venita: All of the games except Hillsfar (and Gateway under specific circumstances) don't actually require you to look for the proper word, but you can.

For Hillsfar our techs prepared an amazing tool which you can use to get the code wheel words.

Tl;dr: You don't have to print anything. Everything you need is there.
I can use my original Hillsfar wheel which I have with the Amiga version so all good.

So you guys have fixed versions, maybe you should have forced users to use the word gogrules as reply!!!
This is a momentous day :)

Congratulations GOG, I'm as happy for you as I am for us. Well done. When I can, I shall buy all of them.
Well, GOG seems to feel slightly better now. Though the "worthless-empty-modern-anime-crap-games" plague is still strong around.

Just take a look into Community Wishlist more often - and you'll be the Kings of Eternity ;)
A fine day for old school RPG lovers, no doubt. I'm not a fan myself, so money saved.

It's a major release for GOG though. Keep it up!
Another nice coup! I'm sure there are going to be a few people with graph paper, bleary eyes and chip encrusted hands reliving some solid gaming memories this weekend ;)
Cavalary: Better names for what? These are the actual names of these collections, they already existed since the late '90s, now it's just digital premiere.
The one I had was just one big box called Forgotten Realms: The Archives.
groze: So, this was "the big thing" you've been hinting at?! GOG, you seriously have to learn not to hype people's expectations too much like you tend to do, I was left hoping the NOLF games, or something high on the Community Wishlist was going to be released today, not yet another collection of Tolkienesque turn-based dungeon crawlers for "old school people" (i.e. guys who are really bad at anything that involves action and can only excel at these slow things).

More power to those who have been waiting for this, I guess... though we'd all welcome Konami bringing their games here more than this overhyped announcement.
I can agree that NOLF would make "the big thing" list, but the Eye of the Beholder series also makes that list for me. Plus the EoB series is not turn based. And your old school comment is way off base. There are plenty of old school games that have plenty of action. Speedball 2, X-Wing vs Tie-Fighter, Doom, etc...
Huh. I actually own all of these (and was not, in all honesty, super impressed by most of them), but them being digitally, easily available for anyone to easily buy is clearly a good thing, considering how important they were. Here's hoping we'll get the Goldbox games from other campaign settings; I've heard good things in particular about the Dark Sun games.
This is why I joined GOG back in 2008 - for Good Old Games!

Oh boy, what a big bunch of classics these are... and my backlog is now astronomically long.
Very nice to see these games here, and that GOG went the extra mile and self-published them.

Albeit, for myself I have to admit I'd buy them for historical reasons, more than actually wanting to play them. A bit like the early Ultima, Wizardry and Might&Magic games. But nice regardless. Of these games, I think I've only played EOB2 (finished it, good game overall), a bit of EOB1... and I think that's it.

Question about the Goldbox games: which are considered as the best versions? PC? Commodore 64? Something else? Or no clear winner? Did Amiga have any of the games? I guess Mobygames knows...
Since GOG is the publisher, I wonder how far their ownership rights now extend. Is it conceivable that CDPR could make Eye Of The Beholder 4, for example?