It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We're casting True Resurrection on Eye of the Beholder and twelve more D&D GoldBox classics.

You are sitting in a tavern. The mighty Wizards of the Coast bestow upon you their greatest treasures: Forgotten Realms: The Archives - long lost relics of an RPG renaissance that changed the face of gaming forever. Today, one of the forgotten grails of gaming history is within your grasp, should you travel to a magical, DRM-free realm known as GOG.com

Eye of the Beholder, Pool of Radiance, Menzoberranzan - the list of groundbreaking RPG classics goes on. We set out on the quest for Forgotten Realms: The Archives a long time ago, and though it was a perilous journey - after years of searching, huge help from our friends at Hasbro and Wizards of The Coast, as well as months of technical work - we get to be freaking excited to sit here and say:
Forgotten Realms: The Archives are available now, DRM-free on GOG.com

The Archives are a set of thirteen D&D GoldBox classics packaged across three collections:
--<span class="bold">Forgotten Realms: The Archives - Collection One</span> features Eye of the Beholder I, II, and III. It's the three and only, the gold-standard in classic RPG dungeon crawling.

--<span class="bold">Forgotten Realms: The Archives - Collection Two</span> features more gameplay hours and secrets than we could ever count - with Pool of Radiance, Hillsfar, Curse of the Azure Bonds, Gateway to the Savage Frontier, Pools of Darkness, Secret of the Silver Blades, Treasures of the Savage Frontier, and D&D: Unlimited Adventures.

--<span class="bold">Forgotten Realms: The Archives - Collection Three</span> features near-infinite replay value and and an important chunk of RPG history with Dungeon Hack and Menzoberranzan.

We are now home to precisely 20 years of digital D&D RPG history - from Pool of Radiance (1988) to Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir (2008). You can also complete your personal collection with all the remaining D&D titles on sale at up to 80% off in our early D&amp;D Weekend Promo! Planescape Torment, Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights - they're all here, so head straight to the promo page, or read more about it.

Stream watch:

We'll be featuring lots of D&D classics at Twitch.tv/GOGcom - follow us to not miss 'em or read on for the full Dungeon-and-Dragon-filled schedule below!

THURSDAY, August 20th:
2pm GMT / 4pm CEST / 10am EDT / 7am PDT: Pool of Radiance with Classicor
4pm GMT / 6pm CEST / 12pm EDT / 9am PDT: Eye of the Beholder II with MegapiemanPHD
6pm GMT / 8pm CEST / 2pm EDT / 11am PDT: Eye of the Beholder with Outstar
10pm GMT / 12am CEST / 6pm EDT / 3pm PDT: Menzoberranzan with Classicor

FRIDAY, August 21st:
6pm GMT / 8pm CEST / 2pm EDT / 11am PDT: Curse of the Azure Bonds with Piranjade

SUNDAY, August 23rd:
10pm GMT / 12am CEST / 6pm EDT / 3pm PDT: Dungeon Hack with Classicor
GOG you made me cry. Without "The Eye of the beholder" and "Lands of Lore" I wouldn't be a concept artist in the video gaming right now. ;_; so THANK YOU for bringing them back!!!!
Post edited August 21, 2015 by Mayku
Neverwinter Night Offline - Single Player FRUA Remake:

http://frua.rosedragon.org/pc/modules/n/neverwin.zip

Gameplay Video
Post edited August 21, 2015 by Barry_Woodward
LiquidOxygen80: Oh god, if they bring that one, please tell them to make sure it's patched. It, much like another game with Myth in the title, would delete your hard drive if you attempted to uninstall it unpatched. I had hard copies of both games. :|
stryx: I installed and uninstalled RoMD (unpatched) several times and it never did anything harmful to my hard drive. It behaved within normal parameters, but sadly was unable to create a compelling experience while being played.
IAmSinistar: I think CDPR should acquire the devs behind the Legend of Grimrock games, rebrand them as CD Project Blue or somesuch, and have them make EOTB 4. It would be a marriage made in heaven.
stryx: I'm afraid that would result in EOB4 having too many annoying teleporter riddles and pressure plate puzzles.
You are one lucky mofo! If you attempted to uninstall it when it first came out, it'd take out your Windows partition with it!
Barry_Woodward: Vote for more SSI games:
Holy Shit, Barry. I guess I have some voting to do...
Great work gog!!

I own all these already, including the wheel spinny anti piracy thing.

Love the gold box games, could never get into the EOtB games but am looking forward to the Buck Rogers games coming here!!
Truly epic release! <3 you gog!
The game that made me do an internet search and end up finding gog is now on gog.
Goodness of old games is in the Eye of the Beholder.
The Phantasie games (or at least I and III, since I don't have II) definitely work well under DOSBox.

Got an old Wizardworks box with the two games, plus Questron II, in it, on both 3 1/2" and 5 1/4" floppies, and fortunately they were still readable, so I was able to copy off the files and play the games for a while -- felt somewhat nostalgic playing old CGA games again. :-)

Kept the archive copies just in case the disks actually fail -- I'm surprised they lasted this long actually!
Awesome!! Just need the Dark Sun games now to replace the last of my D&D games on old media.
TrollumThinks: The game that made me do an internet search and end up finding gog is now on gog.
Goodness of old games is in the Eye of the Beholder.
The game that made me do an internet search and end up finding gog is now on gog.
Goodness of old games is the Curse of the Azure Bonds.
Was this potential security issue ever fixed? I've kind of been afraid of going to the wishlist since that was discovered.
blakstar: The Phantasie games (or at least I and III, since I don't have II) definitely work well under DOSBox.

Got an old Wizardworks box with the two games, plus Questron II, in it, on both 3 1/2" and 5 1/4" floppies, and fortunately they were still readable, so I was able to copy off the files and play the games for a while -- felt somewhat nostalgic playing old CGA games again. :-)

Kept the archive copies just in case the disks actually fail -- I'm surprised they lasted this long actually!
yeah sadly Phantase 2 for whatever reason never saw a PC/MS Dos version the only way to play it is on the Commodore 64, Amiga or Atari XT. As for that collection I had that one too. Played the hell out of it, never did complete Questron 2 or Phantase 3 but I did finish Phantase 1.
Wow, another piece of RPG gaming history available on GOG! Good job guys!

But alas, I can't really get into these old games. Will watch some let's plays at some point, though!! =)
Also Instant bought all three collections, loved the eye of the beholder games even 3, I only played the first and the third the local game shop never had part two. So it's nice to finally sink my teeth into it, also so happy to have finally be able to play again the forgotten realms gold box titles and see what the complaints were for Menzoberranzan.

Hopefully this means we can expect the remainder of the SSI era AD&D games like the Dragonlance/Krynn trilogy, Dark Sun 1 and 2, ect. Also maybe the two Buck Rogers games SSI made with the Gold Box engine Countdown to Doomsday and Matrix Cubed?

And if it's not sounding too greedy here maybe you guys can work that voodoo you seem to be doing and getting us Wizardry's 1-5?
stryx: I installed and uninstalled RoMD (unpatched) several times and it never did anything harmful to my hard drive. It behaved within normal parameters, but sadly was unable to create a compelling experience while being played.

I'm afraid that would result in EOB4 having too many annoying teleporter riddles and pressure plate puzzles.
LiquidOxygen80: You are one lucky mofo! If you attempted to uninstall it when it first came out, it'd take out your Windows partition with it!
That "only" happened if you didn't install it in the default location (C:\Program Files\Whatever it was). Which was still awful and definitely something to be wary of since almost everyone who installs it today will have it in a non-standard location since it wasn't designed with the Program Files split that the 64-bit architectures introduced in mind,