It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The third generation of the insanely extensive RPG is here.

Avernum: Escape From The Pit, a vastly enhanced modern remake of one of the biggest and longest-running hard-core isometric RPG worlds that came to being with Exile in 1995, is available 50% off until Monday, for Windows and Mac on GOG.com.

Avernum: Escape From The Pit tells an epic story of a huge underground prison colony - place of exile for empire's banished citizens, outcasts, criminals, and bastards, that becomes a thriving kingdom of its own over the course of hundreds of years of existence. For a computer game, it's quite impossible to recreate what pen & paper role playing games offer: endless adventures in a land of possibilities limited only by one's imagination. That's why most computer RPGs don't even try to reach that goal. Jeff Vogel's Avernum: Escape From The Pit defies that rule, and is one of the few games in the genre that come close to the analog predecessors in terms of complexity, depth, and scale.

If you're up for the challenge of a insanely vast feature-packed world that can takes months to explore in full, dare to descend into Avernum: Escape From The Pit. The 50% off release discount lasts until Monday, January 12, at 10:59AM GMT.
LinustheBold: So, the correct way to play the Saga at this point is Escape from the Pit, and then on to Avernum 2? I'm playing an extended round of Nethergate Resurrection, so I imagine the tech shift won't be anything I can't handle.
EndreWhiteMane: The remake of Avernum2 called "Crystal Souls" will be out very soon so you may want to wait for it. Probably be $20.00 for a while at least though.
Thanks for the news - it's good to know. At the rate I go through these games, it'll already be on sale by the time I finish "Escape from the Pit," and Avernum 3 may already be out!
tfishell: Fingers wrapped around...

... a stick ...

that I will use to beat the GOG staff if we don't get more LucasArts games. ;-)
I would be willing to compromise with Night Dive/Retroism stuff.
Speaking of things not showing up properly Space Rangers HD and Drox Operative and its DLC aren't showing up in the new and coming soon section of the home page. Would be good to fix whatever is causing that as if some new DLC is added for a game that doesn't make the news section a lot of people won't notice, since that has happened before.
Daliz: This here is a prime example of a game that (I'm quite sure) works well in Linux/Wine, but the installer/unpacking situation is making me hesitant to buy. I shall wishlist it and pick it up sometime in the future when that issue is cleared. :)
The issue has been cleared.
tfishell: Fingers wrapped around...

... a stick ...

that I will use to beat the GOG staff if we don't get more LucasArts games. ;-)
Grargar: I would be willing to compromise with Night Dive/Retroism stuff.
Is that stuff regionally-priced on Steam?
tfishell: Is that stuff regionally-priced on Steam?
It is, but Night Dive did say publicly that they would bring Strife on GOG.
If you ask me, this by the far the best spiderweb game so far.
Grargar: It is, but Night Dive did say publicly that they would bring Strife on GOG.
Source?
Grargar: It is, but Night Dive did say publicly that they would bring Strife on GOG.
Strife yes, but it's possible regional pricing is holding back the other Retroism stuff from appearing here (depending of course if they were aware of regional pricing before GOG or Night Dive got involved...)

Anyway, it is what it is. :P
Post edited January 07, 2015 by tfishell
About time this happened! I wonder if we'll get Nethergate soon as well?
omega64: Source?
Here you go.
omega64: Source?
Grargar IS a source. ;)
tfishell: Strife yes, but it's possible regional pricing is holding back the other Retroism stuff from appearing here (depending of course if they were aware of regional pricing before GOG or Night Dive got involved...)

Anyway, it is what it is. :P
I'd rather not get into theories about why games like Eradicator and NAM aren't here yet. I'll just wait and see.
Daliz: This here is a prime example of a game that (I'm quite sure) works well in Linux/Wine, but the installer/unpacking situation is making me hesitant to buy. I shall wishlist it and pick it up sometime in the future when that issue is cleared. :)
Grargar: The issue has been cleared.
And thus the game has been bought :P
apehater: what tha heck spiderweb!!!! i thought i own avernum the complete saga ... COMPLETE and not almost, maybe, probably complete :(
same here :D

so this game is newer?

i do see 2012? thats 2 years ago?