It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The third generation of the insanely extensive RPG is here.

Avernum: Escape From The Pit, a vastly enhanced modern remake of one of the biggest and longest-running hard-core isometric RPG worlds that came to being with Exile in 1995, is available 50% off until Monday, for Windows and Mac on GOG.com.

Avernum: Escape From The Pit tells an epic story of a huge underground prison colony - place of exile for empire's banished citizens, outcasts, criminals, and bastards, that becomes a thriving kingdom of its own over the course of hundreds of years of existence. For a computer game, it's quite impossible to recreate what pen & paper role playing games offer: endless adventures in a land of possibilities limited only by one's imagination. That's why most computer RPGs don't even try to reach that goal. Jeff Vogel's Avernum: Escape From The Pit defies that rule, and is one of the few games in the genre that come close to the analog predecessors in terms of complexity, depth, and scale.

If you're up for the challenge of a insanely vast feature-packed world that can takes months to explore in full, dare to descend into Avernum: Escape From The Pit. The 50% off release discount lasts until Monday, January 12, at 10:59AM GMT.
Glad to see this game finally arrive here. Now all we need is Nethergate Resurrection.
Hope to see Nethergate and the upcoming Avernum 2 on gog.
Finally! FINALLY!!
I have been waiting...and waiting...and waiting for this game to come here...for how long?
*checking calendar*
*getting shocked*
One year and six months!? I really withstood temptation to buy it elsewhere that long? Oh. My. God. ...err, actually... Oh. My. GOG.
*instabought*
Thank You GOG. I read rumors that initially it is You who didn`t want the game to be here. I don`t know if this is true and personally I cannot imagine why You would reject such brilliant game to be here (especially if You have all previous generation Avernum games here already)...but if that rumor is really true, I thank You for changing You opinion at last.
Hmm, I think that proved my strong devotion to GOG, one and a half year, pheww...and no, I didn`t pirate the game either, I would rather shot myself in the head than pirate a DRM-free game. I just wait, because I really want to buy games here and not elsewhere...but please, do not let me wait another year and a half for Avernum 2: Crystal Souls, OK GOG? Show some mercy to Your fans, all right?
pavel.fi: Finally! FINALLY!!
I have been waiting...and waiting...and waiting for this game to come here...for how long?
*checking calendar*
*getting shocked*
One year and six months!? I really withstood temptation to buy it elsewhere that long? Oh. My. God. ...err, actually... Oh. My. GOG.
*instabought*
Thank You GOG. I read rumors that initially it is You who didn`t want the game to be here. I don`t know if this is true and personally I cannot imagine why You would reject such brilliant game to be here (especially if You have all previous generation Avernum games here already)...but if that rumor is really true, I thank You for changing You opinion at last.
Hmm, I think that proved my strong devotion to GOG, one and a half year, pheww...and no, I didn`t pirate the game either, I would rather shot myself in the head than pirate a DRM-free game. I just wait, because I really want to buy games here and not elsewhere...but please, do not let me wait another year and a half for Avernum 2: Crystal Souls, OK GOG? Show some mercy to Your fans, all right?
From what I recall Avernum 2: Crystal Souls should be here on the 14th, the same day it will be on Steam the only thing that would change that is either A. the game gets delayed B. GOG changes their mind since from what I recall seeing Jeff may push the price up to 20 on Steam and GOG C. The dragon they have to guard the classic releases especially the Lucas arts ones gets hungry and eats the staff.
This game looks nice :)
The one guy on the pic looks like Samuel L Jackson in "51st state" :D
*checking calendar*
*getting shocked*
*instabought*
*ahem*

http://www.gog.com/game/avernum_2_crystal_souls
pavel.fi: ...but please, do not let me wait another year and a half for Avernum 2: Crystal Souls, OK GOG? Show some mercy to Your fans, all right?
Avernum 2: Crystal Souls is on upcoming games list on front page. Here's game card. Thanks to the upcoming list we no longer have to second guess what new games will be coming to GOG.
You damn ninja you. ;-p
Post edited January 12, 2015 by Petrell
pavel.fi: ...but please, do not let me wait another year and a half for Avernum 2: Crystal Souls, OK GOG? Show some mercy to Your fans, all right?
Petrell: Avernum 2: Crystal Souls is on upcoming games list on front page. Here's game card. Thanks to the upcoming list we no longer have to second guess what new games will be coming to GOG.
Petrell: You damn ninja you. ;-p
Staff advantage :P
*checking calendar*
*getting shocked*
*instabought*
JudasIscariot: *ahem*

http://www.gog.com/game/avernum_2_crystal_souls
20 dollars? Pass till it goes on sale for a more reasonable sum..
Petrell: Avernum 2: Crystal Souls is on upcoming games list on front page. Here's game card. Thanks to the upcoming list we no longer have to second guess what new games will be coming to GOG.

You damn ninja you. ;-p
JudasIscariot: Staff advantage :P
The house always wins. :P
Petrell: You damn ninja you. ;-p
Ha! I`m utterly blind. Thank You Petrell, I must admit I completely overlooked that Upcoming category, I still don`t get along with that new grey GOG home page very well.:-(
That is fantastic, Thank You both Petrell and JudasIscariot. I`m really really glad GOG guys changed their mind about Avernum.
*looking forward to Avernum 2, drooling*
i bought it when i saw it.

i did notice however that the next game will be at 15.99 euro
the current was 7.99 euros which is a ncie price for these kind of games

will all upcoming games be at 15.99 ? thats a little bit high.
I do like the games but 16 bucks for every upcoming game is a bit high.

I see grimfandango at 11.99 unless thats a preorder price, that price is nicer.
gamesfreak64: i bought it when i saw it.

i did notice however that the next game will be at 15.99 euro
the current was 7.99 euros which is a ncie price for these kind of games

will all upcoming games be at 15.99 ? thats a little bit high.
I do like the games but 16 bucks for every upcoming game is a bit high.

I see grimfandango at 11.99 unless thats a preorder price, that price is nicer.
In regards of Avernum, read this: http://jeff-vogel.blogspot.de/
I bought this and have played it a bit and it seems fun.
I'm not not paying $15-$20 for the second though,i'll wait till it goes on sale.if it's normally $15 and has a release discount i may buy though.