It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

UPDATE: Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales is now available for pre-load through GOG Galaxy. If you pre-ordered the game, you can Download the client, and begin installing the game right now.
Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales will be playable upon release on October 23rd.

PRE-ORDER NOW

The Witcher World is Back!

Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales, a brand new adventure set in the world of The Witcher, is now available for pre-order on PC, exclusively via GOG.com.
Thronebreaker is a single player role-playing game that combines narrative-driven exploration with unique puzzles and card battle mechanics.
As queen Meve, build an army and engage in story battles as you unravel an all new 30-hour Witcher Tale that sends you exploring never-before-seen parts of The Witcher world — Lyria, Rivia, Aedirn, Mahakam and Angren.

Thronebreaker comes with awesome free bonus items, including the official Thronebreaker soundtrack, the digital artbook for GWENT, plus premium kegs, titles, and avatars for GWENT: The Witcher Card Game.

Thronebreaker will be out for PC on October 23rd.
MarkoH01: Be careful what you promise. The forum is broken since months now. A single word like "Yes" could be interpreted as Linko is now finally fixing the forum - personally if necessary ;) Better stay neutral and say "It will be fixed soon". Then we all know what to expect :) But reading it a second time I guess your "Yes" only was the answer to the question posed first and the edit came later ...
BreOl72: I'm positively certain, Linko meant that the huge banner was really necessary...not that the forum gets fixed (soon or otherwise)

XD
Yes, I changed my post accordingly. I did not realize there was an edit made later.
Kakarot96: Mmm i need to ask:

"Thronebreaker is a single player role-playing game set in..." ok, awesome but then:

Minimum system requirements
Network: Broadband Internet connection

It's true? We need online connection to play this SP game??? I hope it's just an error on the store page, because that's DRM for a single player game...can a blue confirm this, please?
I second this question!
Post edited September 27, 2018 by MarkoH01
Hi,

Anyone knows if we'll get an offline installer ( DRM-free) for thronebreaker or if it will require an online account?

Thanks a lot!
Post edited September 27, 2018 by wcdeadpool
BreOl72: I'm positively certain, Linko meant that the huge banner was really necessary...not that the forum gets fixed (soon or otherwise)

XD
MarkoH01: Yes, I changed my post accordingly. I did not realize there was an edit made later.

"Thronebreaker is a single player role-playing game set in..." ok, awesome but then:

It's true? We need online connection to play this SP game??? I hope it's just an error on the store page, because that's DRM for a single player game...can a blue confirm this, please?
MarkoH01: I second this question!
I will third it, the game will get no money from me if they pull more of this shit.

Edit: thanks Linko
Post edited September 27, 2018 by ChrisGamer300
high rated

This was a mistake on the game card. I can confirm Thronebreaker will be DRM-Free with offline installers.

:)
Post edited September 27, 2018 by Linko90
Same here with the offline question, I am interested but won't be buying if it requires a constant internet connection.

Edit: Got my answer above, Thanks Linko90!
Post edited September 27, 2018 by armitom
i_hope_you_rot: Is that huge front pagee banner really necessary ?

( edit : please fix this f@..ng forum , the posting error is really getting on my nerves )
To be fair, it's a nice banner. Besides, in case you haven't noticed, the Witcher franchise is kinda sorta important to GOG and CD Projekt. I mean, they had a huge banner for an EA sale recently, without any new EA releases...

Game itself looks somewhat interesting, but I'm skeptical about the 30 bucks price point. ( And about whether it is truly DRM-free and enjoyable in single player mode. Could just be an elaborate advertisement for their money maker Gwent. )

Linko90: This was a mistake on the game card. I can confirm Thronebreaker will be DRM-Free with offline installers.

:)
Yay! thank you very much!! :)

ufff, what a relief lol
low rated
Is it just me or does this game look like some mobile phone game?
Yay no linux support
low rated
MORE gwent?

FFS, pass!
Ingsoc85: 12 Minutes of Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales Gameplay

https://youtu.be/NvkuoCbjwHk
Thank you, that link was very helpful.

IFW: I know shame on me, but... can this be played and the story fully understood without having played The Witcher 3?
Andrey82: As far as I know - yes because Thronebreaker is set before Witcher 3 in timeline.
Thank you. I was wondering too and thought I read it is supposed to be set (timeline) before Witcher 3. So I probably didn't just imagine that.

And thank you at Linko90 for clearing up the confusion about the internet connection. I wanted to know the answer to that too.

Looks like this might be a game for me (offline singleplayer with card battles) even though it seems to be a long game. Storepage states 30 hours. The question is, just the main campaign or are the side quests included?
Post edited September 27, 2018 by FlockeSchnee
high rated
Zoidberg: MORE gwent?

FFS, pass!
If you're not into Gwent, Thronebreaker comes with 'Story mode' which allows you to skip the battles and focus on the story.
Definitely want it :)

That is, wasn´t it promised that The Thronebreaker will be free, only subsequent entires will be paid?
Post edited September 27, 2018 by Tarhiel
Is there any incentive to pre-order? Do I get anything more if I spend money now, compared to spending it on October 23?
Tarhiel: That is, wasn´t it promised that The Thronebreaker will be free
No, Geralt's mini campaign was supposed to be free but it was canceled.