It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

UPDATE: Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales is now available for pre-load through GOG Galaxy. If you pre-ordered the game, you can Download the client, and begin installing the game right now.
Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales will be playable upon release on October 23rd.

PRE-ORDER NOW

The Witcher World is Back!

Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales, a brand new adventure set in the world of The Witcher, is now available for pre-order on PC, exclusively via GOG.com.
Thronebreaker is a single player role-playing game that combines narrative-driven exploration with unique puzzles and card battle mechanics.
As queen Meve, build an army and engage in story battles as you unravel an all new 30-hour Witcher Tale that sends you exploring never-before-seen parts of The Witcher world — Lyria, Rivia, Aedirn, Mahakam and Angren.

Thronebreaker comes with awesome free bonus items, including the official Thronebreaker soundtrack, the digital artbook for GWENT, plus premium kegs, titles, and avatars for GWENT: The Witcher Card Game.

Thronebreaker will be out for PC on October 23rd.
Refty: Are you planning to release box edition of the game?
Linko90: No, digital only.
I'm so sad :( The same situation will be on console edition of game?
The_SoV: The thing is - I don't want to be always connected online to play game. Not that I can't - sometimes it's just uncomfortable.
I agree with that. It's a fair point.

Next part - I have to spend over 50-100 hours just to build a good deck. I don't want to spend this amount of time on Gwent, cause I have another games, which are more interesting AT THIS MOMENT. And f2p model implies, that I have to spend more time than I want to.
Closer to 50 than to 100, but yeah, that's the ballpark number. The only thing I'd say is that 50-ish hours in Gwent would get you not a good, but a tier 1 deck.
I played Hearthstone - I know, what I'm saying.
Gwent grind cannot be compared to HS. Seriously. For an hour a day in Gwent, you get a card pack. However, it's still a grind, and it still requires a commitment, which is a fair point.
I don't like f2p projects - I would better pay once and get some impression from the game than I would grind hard to get some part of it.(I just don't like games-services).
I agree with that sentiment. I tried Gwent out because of the Witcher lore, and because I was curious to see how will CDPR handle the infamous F2P model. I continued playing because at no point I felt pressured towards spending money on Gwent.

Full disclosure: I did end up spending 20€ on card packs, but I did it when I was sitting on 100 unopened packs.
At this time I'm considering Gwent as relaxing entertainment game after work(like ETS 2 :) ) I don't need competitive part.
That's exactly how I play it. A bit after work if I don't go out with friends.
So, no, I don't want play Gwent. At least, before it is unreleased.(also I heard, CDPR want to change some mechanics in the future)
Oh, yeah, starting Gwent now would definitely be a waste of time. Don't do that. Total revamp hits on October 23, and there is no reason to play before that.

Also, if you think you'd be frustrated by being pulled away from some other games in order to get a pack or two by playing Gwent, than don't even try playing. Gwent is quite addictive, and in my experience it did noticeably decrease the
time I spend on single-player games. I'm slightly unhappy about that, but not enough to stop playing Gwent. However, I did stop chasing any competitive goals, in order to free-up time for other games.

P.S. Please don't see my posts as trying to convince you to play Gwent. I just like talking about different views and approaches to gaming.
Linko90: No, digital only.
Refty: I'm so sad :( The same situation will be on console edition of game?
Indeed it is I'm afraid.
1. The "hero image" is in Russian, even though I'm logged in.
2. lol that guy's gaiderbrows.

Looks like The Banned Saga but with a higher story per minute rate. Preordered.
high rated
nightcraw1er.488: Just for those steam fanboys who downvoted me, and who can't read a post I will highlight the key part of the release "
Thronebreaker comes with awesome free bonus items, including the official Thronebreaker soundtrack, the digital artbook for GWENT, plus premium kegs, titles, and avatars for GWENT: The Witcher Card Game. "

Or to translate: "Gwent, Gwent, galaxy, Gwent, online only client, Gwent, galaxy".

Mind you if your stupid enough to think witcher 3 was anything else then very average, go ahead, chick your cash at them.
Again, Thronebreak is DRM-Free and supports offline installers. If you keep up this level of posting e.g. calling those interested 'stupid' as well as ignoring information given in order to go on a rant, you will be given a cool down period.
Tarhiel: That is, wasn´t it promised that The Thronebreaker will be free
darkstl: No, Geralt's mini campaign was supposed to be free but it was canceled.
Was it? Damn, that´s a pity, I didn´t even knew it was canceled.
Was it somehow officially announced? Where do you have this information from?

Well, no point in waiting then, gonna preorder.
I apologize in advance for my question.Is this a stand alone/offline game? Thankyou.
Tauto: Is this a stand alone/offline game?
Yes, it is.
Post edited September 28, 2018 by mdoko
is there any chance the game comes out on steam?
Post edited September 28, 2018 by Fullpain
Tarhiel: Well, no point in waiting then, gonna preorder.
But why? There is no preorder discount, nor preorder bonus. So, what's the point of giving money before you're able to play the game?

I'm not trying to criticize people who are preordering, I'm just trying to understand what's the point in preordering Thronebreaker. Can someone tell me what am I missing?

Right now my plan is to buy it on the release day, but I'd be happy to preorder if it gets me something that buying on the release day doesn't.
high rated
If there is no physical content, what is the point of preordering? Any preordered bonus, that is only digital, is completely worthless.
Attachments:
Post edited September 28, 2018 by serwusx
low rated
Tauto: I apologize in advance for my question.Is this a stand alone/offline game? Thankyou.
It is, but it has a lot of features to try to funnel people into CDP's online-only f2p cashgrab, GWENT. By buying this, one is supporting the psychological exploitation of one's fellow gamer. Ie, condoning unethical behavior.
Post edited September 28, 2018 by mqstout
I am confused, is the combat going to be card based or diablo style?
Not sure about the whole narrative driven, puzzle stuff....
Just a plain old card game would of done.
That said it does look pretty good.
As mentioned before, the art style looks very much like glorious Banner Saga. I can't wait to get some free time to watch the gameplay video listed in the first page.

This is the first time I've been tempted by a pre-order... what has become of me.
Post edited September 28, 2018 by MadalinStroe