It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Looking for Adventure and whatever comes our way.

<span class="bold">Full Throttle Remastered</span>, the bombastic return of the heavy-metal point & click legend, is now available for pre-order exclusively on GOG.com, with a 20% pre-order discount! The game will be out on April 18th.

When the Polecats hit the road, they're indestructible. No one can stop them. But they try.
Now the gang has gotten into some serious trouble, and it's up to their stoic leader Ben to outrun explosions, rough up some tough guys, and lay waste to a bunch of mechanical bunnies.
Get your desktops dressed for the occasion, with four mighty fine wallpapers available as a pre-order bonus!

<div class="embedded_video">
<iframe class="embedded_video__file" width="775" height="436" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gsFYQSLv3Qs?wmode=opaque&amp;rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>
Post edited March 20, 2017 by maladr0Id
tfishell: Probably this, honestly. Shame.
shmerl: Disney is not easy to work with. GOG didn't manage to get Loom FM Towns version until now.
Has that been added yet, or will it be soon? I haven't seen any updates regarding that, but it sounds good. The top review also mentions the missing "audio drama".

Always nice to see more bonus content/alt versions; props to Judas and GOG for this.
shmerl: Disney is not easy to work with. GOG didn't manage to get Loom FM Towns version until now.
tfishell: Has that been added yet, or will it be soon? I haven't seen any updates regarding that, but it sounds good. The top review also mentions the missing "audio drama".
No, as far as I know. FM Towns version has no voice acting, but provides detailed dialog text, and clarifies the story better than voiced "PC" version. It also has detailed close up portraits of characters which are missing in PC one. Also, music there plays all the time, and doesn't stop after you enter the level.

Audio drama is a prequel story to the game (it talks about Bobbin's mother), which was included as a tape add-on. Would be nice to have it as a bonus here of course.

Fore more details, see http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/loom/loom.htm
Post edited March 15, 2017 by shmerl
tfishell: Has that been added yet, or will it be soon? I haven't seen any updates regarding that, but it sounds good. The top review also mentions the missing "audio drama".
shmerl: No, as far as I know. ...
But you have inside info that the FM Towns version will probably be added soon? "GOG didn't manage to get Loom FM Towns version until now." That's what I'd like to know.

Disney being tough to work with is probably why Lion King, Aladdin, and Jungle Book games are overpriced.
Post edited March 15, 2017 by tfishell
tfishell: But you have inside info that the FM Towns version will probably be added soon?
No, all I meant that it's still not here. I remember around the time Loom came out, many pointed out to GOG that FM Towns version is quite important, and they said they'll look into it, or something of that sort.
Post edited March 15, 2017 by shmerl
deleted
Post edited March 15, 2017 by Fairfox
shmerl: All recent music too? I.e. you can buy and downlaod every track there? I thought tons of music there comes out with DRM (i.e. you can only stream it, and not download).
You're mixing up the iTunes store (Music requires the iTunes program to download but is DRM-Free afterwards) with Apple Music (Streaming service with a subscription)
shmerl: All recent music too? I.e. you can buy and downlaod every track there? I thought tons of music there comes out with DRM (i.e. you can only stream it, and not download).
madth3: You're mixing up the iTunes store (Music requires the iTunes program to download but is DRM-Free afterwards) with Apple Music (Streaming service with a subscription)
I guess so. I don't use either of them :)
As long as it's remastered games but not new games Doublefine doesn't seem to screw up that bad. Aside from not offering the originals as a bonus at least. Shame I'm not big into adventure games.
Fairfox: Didn't Loom come with an audio CD? Wasn't thar, liek, loooads of different releases for taht gamie?
Here is a good overview of all the versions.
tburger: As DF doesn't add original versions as an extra to the remasters - they'll have to wait a bit more for my money. But no worries - in about a 3 months I'll start picking them.
Double FIne did The Day of the Tenticle remastered, that one has both orginal and remaster version that you can toggle between. So your wrong. Day of the tenticle remastered was a home run, out of the park, if double fine is doing this new one to wow it should be awesome.
Post edited March 15, 2017 by jrich3500
tburger: As DF doesn't add original versions as an extra to the remasters - they'll have to wait a bit more for my money. But no worries - in about a 3 months I'll start picking them.
jrich3500: Double FIne did The Day of the Tenticle remastered, that one has both orginal and remaster version that you can toggle between. So your wrong.
I guess tburger knows that and s/he meant the classic standalone games as bonus goodies, not the "toggle-between-them"-crap.
tfishell: But you have inside info that the FM Towns version will probably be added soon?
shmerl: No, all I meant that it's still not here. I remember around the time Loom came out, many pointed out to GOG that FM Towns version is quite important, and they said they'll look into it, or something of that sort.
Oh, that's too bad.
Purduecoz: Just a heads up, iTunes music tracks purchased after early 2009 have no DRM on them.
shmerl: All recent music too? I.e. you can buy and downlaod every track there? I thought tons of music there comes out with DRM (i.e. you can only stream it, and not download). But regardless, I'm not really interested in using Apple's store.
Indeed! All DRM free now. You might be thinking of Apple Music subscriptions - they allow you to only stream the catalog, and you can only download DRM free copies of the music that you already own. But anything that you buy is DRM free now. Totally understand not being interested, just wanted to make sure the correct information was here.
jrich3500: Double FIne did The Day of the Tenticle remastered, that one has both orginal and remaster version that you can toggle between. So your wrong.
gamefood: I guess tburger knows that and s/he meant the classic standalone games as bonus goodies, not the "toggle-between-them"-crap.
YOu don't have to toggle between them, you can play it all the way thru in either the orginal or classic versioin so its both games. Its the best of both worlds, no need for a completely seperate version.
gamefood: I guess tburger knows that and s/he meant the classic standalone games as bonus goodies, not the "toggle-between-them"-crap.
Crap? How does starting up remastered and toggling to classic look differ from running original data in ScummVM?

Unless you make the old original .exe run (good luck on this one), neither ScummVM or DF remastered is 100% original. So pretending playing in ScummVM is somehow "more original" sounds a bit weird to me.

If the classic look is classic, and the game plays like it did before (I can accept tiny smoothing change here and there to make it 2017 compliant), I accept such remaster+toggled as re-release of original.

Consider it as an "fix" to original executable to make it run on newer OS. Also this has been done under surveillance of original game designer. If he is OK with this version, who else needs to be - to make it legit. It's his game.