It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Looking for Adventure and whatever comes our way.

<span class="bold">Full Throttle Remastered</span>, the bombastic return of the heavy-metal point & click legend, is now available for pre-order exclusively on GOG.com, with a 20% pre-order discount! The game will be out on April 18th.

When the Polecats hit the road, they're indestructible. No one can stop them. But they try.
Now the gang has gotten into some serious trouble, and it's up to their stoic leader Ben to outrun explosions, rough up some tough guys, and lay waste to a bunch of mechanical bunnies.
Get your desktops dressed for the occasion, with four mighty fine wallpapers available as a pre-order bonus!

<div class="embedded_video">
<iframe class="embedded_video__file" width="775" height="436" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gsFYQSLv3Qs?wmode=opaque&amp;rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>
Post edited March 20, 2017 by maladr0Id
Could never stand the Flashesque graphics in these remasters. Still have the original, I'll stick to that.
Purduecoz: Totally understand not being interested, just wanted to make sure the correct information was here.
Good to know, but the fact that they require some weird client to access the store (closed, doesn't work on Linux and etc.) is already a deterrent.
Post edited March 15, 2017 by shmerl
And no original version included, not even (unsupported) as a bonus, again? Sad.

Sir_Kill_A_Lot: Hey guys, in case you didn't know: The original files can be extracted using DoubleFine Explorer from Quick And Easy Software and then played using on the platform of your choice! (don't forget the [url=http://www.gratissaugen.de/ultimatetalkies/]Ultimate Talkie Edition patch in case of Monkey Island).
Thank you for the information! But having to fiddle around with a 3rd party software, which even seems to be Windows only, to extract the files is still not the same as having the original version included.

tfishell: Maybe but in that case it makes me wonder why GOG couldn't just bundle those files with ScummVM and have the game as a bonus with the remaster to let people avoid the extra work. And that way we could complete the wishlist entry, too. :P
They do not even have to bundle it with ScummVM. Just adding it as a bonus, unsupported, would be enough. People which are interested to play it on ScummVM most probably will be able to add it on their own.

ped7g: Consider it as an "fix" to original executable to make it run on newer OS.
Consider it a restriction when the game now is only playable on specific systems with high minimum system requirements. ;)

ped7g: Also this has been done under surveillance of original game designer. If he is OK with this version, who else needs to be - to make it legit. It's his game.
No question it's legit. But it's still not the original game.
Post edited March 15, 2017 by eiii
My eyes spy a new game on GOG: Gimme, gimme
My eyes shift to 'Pre-order': Maybe I should wait until it's out for real.
I witness who the developer is: I should postpone the purchase until they patch it.
Suppressed memories of the DF adventure kickstarter, Spacebase DF-9 and other “mishaps” come back to me: I should wait for a sale.
Sir_Kill_A_Lot: The only sad part is that other languages aren't sold on GOG.
I wouldn't worry about it. The thing with GOG's preorders is that they don't always have all the available info regarding language/OS availability right from the start. Similar concerns were raised towards the previous Double Fine preorders (Grim Fandango and Day of the Tentacle), but the info was eventually added before the games were released.
MIK0: Is is English only or did you messed up the game page as always?
In the former case that would be a pity, the original game was localized and dubbed in many languages.
Or they're waiting for a confirmation from the publisher before adding the available info, as it was the case with Grim Fandango and Day of the Tentacle.
Post edited March 15, 2017 by Grargar
Sir_Kill_A_Lot: The only sad part is that other languages aren't sold on GOG.
Grargar: I wouldn't worry about it. The thing with GOG's preorders is that they don't always have all the available info regarding language/OS availability right from the start. Similar concerns were raised towards the previous Double Fine preorders (Grim Fandango and Day of the Tentacle), but the info was eventually added before the games were released.
I wasn't aware that Grim Fandango is in fact multilingual. But DOTT only contains English and German voices.
Seriously, does anyone know if this comes with the original graphics as an option?
MIK0: Is is English only or did you messed up the game page as always?
In the former case that would be a pity, the original game was localized and dubbed in many languages.
Grargar: Or they're waiting for a confirmation from the publisher before adding the available info, as it was the case with Grim Fandango and Day of the Tentacle.
Some more languages already have been added to the game card. Strangely it says "Text only" for English now.
Post edited March 15, 2017 by eiii
Sir_Kill_A_Lot: Hey guys, in case you didn't know: The original files can be extracted using DoubleFine Explorer from Quick And Easy Software and then played using on the platform of your choice! (don't forget the [url=http://www.gratissaugen.de/ultimatetalkies/]Ultimate Talkie Edition patch in case of Monkey Island).
eiii: Thank you for the information! But having to fiddle around with a 3rd party software, which even seems to be Windows only, to extract the files is still not the same as having the original version included.
Stop whining, er, I mean start wining :D
I agree it's an extra step and shouldn't be necessary to begin with but at least the original versions are included somehow.
ReynardFox: Seriously, does anyone know if this comes with the original graphics as an option?
It will work like Day of the Tentacle Remastered. You can revert to the original graphics at any time by pressing a mere key.
gamefood: I guess tburger knows that and s/he meant the classic standalone games as bonus goodies, not the "toggle-between-them"-crap.
ped7g: Crap? How does starting up remastered and toggling to classic look differ from running original data in ScummVM?

Unless you make the old original .exe run (good luck on this one), neither ScummVM or DF remastered is 100% original. So pretending playing in ScummVM is somehow "more original" sounds a bit weird to me.
The original executable run perfectly in DOSBox on any OS DOSBox supports.
And ScummVM makes the game even support more platforms than every Remastered version can possibly dream of! Plus ScummVM has a lot more options to offer.
Fairfox: Didn't Loom come with an audio CD? Wasn't thar, liek, loooads of different releases for taht gamie?
tfishell: Has that been added yet, or will it be soon? I haven't seen any updates regarding that, but it sounds good. The top review also mentions the missing "audio drama".
shmerl: No, as far as I know. FM Towns version has no voice acting, but provides detailed dialog text, and clarifies the story better than voiced "PC" version. It also has detailed close up portraits of characters which are missing in PC one. Also, music there plays all the time, and doesn't stop after you enter the level.

Audio drama is a prequel story to the game (it talks about Bobbin's mother), which was included as a tape add-on. Would be nice to have it as a bonus here of course.

Fore more details, see http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/loom/loom.htm
For even more details see this:
- Short comparison between Loom EGA and PC CD/FM-Towns
- Exhaustive comparison between Loom PC CD and Loom FM-Towns which makes your heart cry
Sir_Kill_A_Lot: Stop whining, er, I mean start wining :D
I read that as DoubleFine Explorer is running under Wine. Thanks!

Sir_Kill_A_Lot: but at least the original versions are included somehow.
And they are extractable. :) That's indeed the good news. I didn't know that.
Sniskerbobberton: Not my cup of tea as I never played the original and I'm not a big fan of point and clicks.

Here's a bump.
Bigs: Meh... why are we still supporting DF...?
This is not a new release! ><
How about some new releases instead of over-hyping pre-orders??
Simply - because their older titles are vastly superior compared to their new titles.
Period.