It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

oldschool: Over 600K now. This has to be a kickstart record, correct me if i am wrong.
Double Fine raised over $1 million in one day, I believe.
Gazoinks: Yeah, I'll probably upgrade eventually. I like to get my grubby mitts on OSTs (big reason why I like GOG), and the other extra stuff sounds nice as well.
stellathestud10: Totally agree. I swear I've spent more time listening to Humble Bundle game soundtracks than I have playing the games. Especially Bastion and Sword and Sworcery. Those are incredible.
YES. Those are both amazing soundtracks.

Incidentally, according to Kicktraq, Project Eternity is currently trending to over $22 million. Obviously it won't get that far due to the heavy skewing from the explosive first day, but still...
Actually, regarding the Steam issue, I'm quite optimistic about that. Remember the most recent survey where GOG actually inquired about our Kickstarter purchases or something like that? I think they have plans to reach out to KS projects. It's very probable we will see Project Eternity here.
lowyhong: Actually, regarding the Steam issue, I'm quite optimistic about that. Remember the most recent survey where GOG actually inquired about our Kickstarter purchases or something like that? I think they have plans to reach out to KS projects. It's very probable we will see Project Eternity here.
I just posted a thread on Obsidian's forums (as Ink Blot over there) asking them to consider getting their game up for sale on GOG. Hopefully they'll see it and give it some serious thought. Anyone wants to make an account on their forums and throw in their support, feel free. Thread is Here.

*edit* There's also a DRM thread and I posted in that as well. I'll be watching it and give you a heads up if they say anything further re other options than Steam, lowyhong.
Post edited September 15, 2012 by Coelocanth
lowyhong: Actually, regarding the Steam issue, I'm quite optimistic about that. Remember the most recent survey where GOG actually inquired about our Kickstarter purchases or something like that? I think they have plans to reach out to KS projects. It's very probable we will see Project Eternity here.
Coelocanth: I just posted a thread on Obsidian's forums (as Ink Blot over there) asking them to consider getting their game up for sale on GOG. Hopefully they'll see it and give it some serious thought. Anyone wants to make an account on their forums and throw in their support, feel free. Thread is Here.

*edit* There's also a DRM thread and I posted in that as well. I'll be watching it and give you a heads up if they say anything further re other options than Steam, lowyhong.
Thanks, I will help!
Coelocanth: I just posted a thread on Obsidian's forums (as Ink Blot over there) asking them to consider getting their game up for sale on GOG. Hopefully they'll see it and give it some serious thought. Anyone wants to make an account on their forums and throw in their support, feel free. Thread is Here.

Sweet.

Would like to help fund, but requiring Steam is a dealbreaker for me.

I used the "ask the project creator" link to ask:

Will there be a DRM-free version of Project Eternity? I do not and will not use Steam for any game. Will you partner with GOG.com to distribute the game? GOG distributes DRM-free to a large audience that appreciates classic PC games. In fact, this weekend GOG is having a promotional sale on the very D&D games that you mention in your video.

I will pledge if the game is offered DRM-free, and I will pledge more if that DRM-free copy is provided by GOG.

http://www.gog.com/
@everyone (except Steam fanboys... haha): Take a few minutes to let Obsidian know that you want a DRM-free version. You've got a direct opportunity to provide feedback to the developer: Don't waste it!

KyleKatarn: ...snip...

Consumers get to vote for what they want and producers get to minimize risk and their fucked-up shenanigans for cost recovery because they already have the funds they need if they reach their goal.

...snip...

Primary is that I helped fund a game I want to see made. If my information is lost, it's not that much of a concern with video games because I could download it and know that I helped make this game exist.

...snip...
Great post. The parts above are why I like Kickstarter. I described it to a friend as striking me as "capitalism done right". ;-) I dislike KS-exclusive game content (I dislike exclusive game content in general; exclusive goodies are fine tho), and the limited funding period is somewhat irksome (easy to miss a project altogether, or to not have cash to spare at a given time, whatever), but on the whole it seems to be a good thing that could change the gaming industry (and perhaps other entertainment industries) for the better.

However, I'm *very* firm in my opposition to using any client-based DRM such as Steam, and Obsidian is somewhat infamous for buggy games (a deserved reputation from what I've played of their games), and I was disappointed with Fallout: New Vegas, so my desire to see the game made (and the opportunity to vote directly for a kind of game that I want to play) most probably isn't enough to cause me to fund the game unless a DRM-free edition is available. I suppose I could fund the game and download a cracked copy if the game requires Steam, but... Is it too much to ask for a hassle-free legit copy of the game? Would it be so difficult for Obsidian to offer the game DRM-free on GOG (without achievements, so no extra programming, just some contract negotiations)?

I'm considering donating $1 to be able to post on the comment page asking for a DRM-free version in addition to the "ask the project creator" feedback that I've already submitted. The ability to provide additional feedback is worth $1 to me, and that pledge could be retracted if a DRM-free version is not announced.
ddmuse: I'm considering donating $1 to be able to post on the comment page asking for a DRM-free version in addition to the "ask the project creator" feedback that I've already submitted. The ability to provide additional feedback is worth $1 to me, and that pledge could be retracted if a DRM-free version is not announced.
How does that work? You can retract $1 pledge at any time before they're funded or?
Post edited September 15, 2012 by Nirth
Bludshed: Back them at the physical copy tier ($65 + postage). IMHO this is sounding like one of the first games in a long time that is actually worth the full price.
Not at an hourly, part-time salary, as much as I'd love to (and I agree that it's most likely going to be worth the price). I may upgrade to $35 before the end, but probably not, unfortunately.

Nirth: How does that work? You can retract $1 pledge at any time before they're funded or?
Yes, you are able to retract any pledge amount before the deadline (in this case, October 16th).

I also messaged them via kickstarter asking for a DRM-free/no Steam version.
Post edited September 15, 2012 by kelseyr713
LOL in the comments section of the kickstarter page people are sick of DRM related discussion.
oldschool: Over 600K now. This has to be a kickstart record, correct me if i am wrong.
mondo84: Double Fine raised over $1 million in one day, I believe.
Wow. Very impressive, but 600K in one day ins't anything to sneeze at 8).
kelseyr713: Backed my first Kickstarter! I'm pretty confident that they will offer something other than Steam, but if not I will most likely pull my pledge.

Chris Avellone also tweeted at me, in a tweet where I expressed a want for a DRM-free version, so that was pretty awesome. He didn't address the want, but he thanked me for backing and supporting.
Nice! This would be a great addition to the site.
Post edited September 15, 2012 by oldschool
I like the people working on this! I am not one to run out and preorder or back anything without first reading reviews...but this is an exception. As an old time Fallout and fallout 2, Planescape Torment, All of Balders Gate, Icewind dale,Arcanum, Tower of Elemental Evil KoToR , Neverwinter fan ( I own boxed copies of them all)......I just think this has a good chance of being something that is worth while. They have great talent working on what they love to make.
Signed up!
mondo84: LOL in the comments section of the kickstarter page people are sick of DRM related discussion.
Yeah, I took a look in there and didn't think it was worth wading in, haha.
mondo84: LOL in the comments section of the kickstarter page people are sick of DRM related discussion.
kelseyr713: Yeah, I took a look in there and didn't think it was worth wading in, haha.
Lol. Tbh, I had similar thoughts. Perhaps I'll wait til it dies down a bit, then jump in to bring up a DRM-free edition again. ;-)

Edit: But it is good that people are getting sick of it... That means it's being brought up consistently as an important issue to some gamers. Maybe Obsidian will take notice. :-)
Post edited September 15, 2012 by ddmuse
Dream come true for me, really. Shame it's typical fantasy, but I trust them to keep it interesting.

Can't fund now due to my volunteer job and having no money though. Someone chip in a little extra for me!
Steam only? No thanks.