It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

babark: Not so much a gift as it is an opportunity, but Square Enix is holding a Thief Modding competition:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?docId=1001928521

Even if you're not a good modder or anything, even on simply entering the competition, you can get Thief Gold on steam for free just for entering. If you ARE a good modder, you could win even more prizes,
This makes me a little angry. Its one thing if people make mods for the game for fun because they like it, or if the company subcontracts. But this is basically getting the community to generate ideas and do their work for them. Companies are more frequently using the mods as an excuse to not fix problems or do DLC themselves.
theslitherydeee: This makes me a little angry. Its one thing if people make mods for the game for fun because they like it, or if the company subcontracts. But this is basically getting the community to generate ideas and do their work for them. Companies are more frequently using the mods as an excuse to not fix problems or do DLC themselves.
But Square Enix is earning no money from any mod you make, and any mod you make would be for a 16 year old game.
I don't think this is anything more than SqE trying to drum up some advertising for their upcoming Thief sequel/reboot (that doesn't look so good).

In the mean time, since I'm getting a free game out of it, I have no reason to complain :D.
Post edited February 20, 2014 by babark
theslitherydeee: This makes me a little angry. Its one thing if people make mods for the game for fun because they like it, or if the company subcontracts. But this is basically getting the community to generate ideas and do their work for them. Companies are more frequently using the mods as an excuse to not fix problems or do DLC themselves.
babark: But Square Enix is earning no money from any mod you make, and any mod you make would be for a 16 year old game.
I don't think this is anything more than SqE trying to drum up some advertising for their upcoming Thief sequel/reboot (that doesn't look so good).

In the mean time, since I'm getting a free game out of it, I have no reason to complain :D.
After the giveaway they are still going to be selling it. And their going to use the fact that mods have been created to update and stabilize gameplay as a reason to not work on it themselves. Since it will supposedly run better after the mods people are more likely to get it due to the performance. So they will profit from the mods, just indirectly. (I appreciate the giveaway, but I feel like its not entirely on the up and up)
Post edited February 20, 2014 by theslitherydeee
theslitherydeee: After the giveaway they are still going to be selling it. And their going to use the fact that mods have been created to update and stabilize gameplay as a reason to not work on it themselves. Since it will supposedly run better after the mods people are more likely to get it due to the performance. So they will profit from the mods, just indirectly. (I appreciate the giveaway, but I feel like its not entirely on the up and up)
Oooh...I didn't think of that.
QUICK, EVERYONE! Get the game for free now! :D
foxworks: You bet!
Thank you very much for this great gift Foxworks, can't wait to start playing it!!! :D

Also thanks to Sachys for the well meant gesture!
Post edited February 20, 2014 by K_1269
Huge thanks to Foxworks! Legen.. wait for it.. dary! Thanks mate!
Post edited February 20, 2014 by HeDanny
high rated
HeDanny: PAYWUW Bundle
http://www.paywuw.com

In the slim chance someone picks this up and already has Marlow Briggs, kindly throw the key my way please? Thanks.
You got it. Sent to your PM :)
Bumping my wishlist:
Rekoil (1 dollar here: http://www.paywuw.com/)
Post edited February 20, 2014 by robb5
high rated
robb5: Bumping my wishlist:
Hey, Robb5. I got you covered. Just sent to your PM
foxworks: snip
Foxworks, you're doing an awesome contribution in this thread and some others. Thanks a lot for your generosity, mate! :)
robb5: Bumping my wishlist:
foxworks: Hey, Robb5. I got you covered. Just sent to your PM
Thank you a lot, also thank you for all the gifting you did for this community :)
foxworks: snip
Thespian*: Foxworks, you're doing an awesome contribution in this thread and some others. Thanks a lot for your generosity, mate! :)
Thanks, Thespian*. It's always good to help a fellow gamer in need :)
foxworks: Hey, Robb5. I got you covered. Just sent to your PM
robb5: Thank you a lot, also thank you for all the gifting you did for this community :)
You're welcome. Enjoy!
Post edited February 20, 2014 by foxworks
I would like Starbound from steam

Thank you very much
If someone has a spare key for Darkfall 1&2 and Edna & Harvey the Breakout, I will accept it with joy.

I own all the other BTA titles from current HBW, so I skip it, but I loved Dark Fall 3 and Edna Harvey New Eyes
If anyone has a The Book of Unwritten Tales surplus from the just new Humble Weekly, I'll gladly take it. It and its prequel are the only things that I want and do not have from that bundle, and I haven't got the money for it at least until the end of the month anyway...