It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

No Man's Sky – One Year Anniversary

Today marks the one year anniversary of <span class="bold">No Man's Sky</span>
In the past year, the Hello Games team has been hard at work addressing community feedback and rolling out new content to the No Man's Sky experience. We've gotten new game modes and exciting survival mechanics, base building, vehicles, expanded trading and crafting, massive personal freighters and so much more than we could ever list here.

Today marks the <span class="bold">No Man's Sky</span> anniversary, and Hello Games are bringing a slew of new content in the Atlast Rises< update – and a 60% off sale, the best deal there has been so far!

So what's cool about Atlas Rises?
New Story Mode – in a complete overhaul to the original story, you'll set off on a 20-hour journey across the universe and discover Portals, allowing you to travel vast distances extremely quickly.
Improved Trading – plot and optimize your trade routes in the new trading metagame, born thanks to unique socio-economic traits in each star system and an overhauled galactic map.
Missions and New Faction System – procedurally generated missions add a layer of replayability as you earn rewards and respect on your journeys.
Better Biomes – from rare, extreme and abstract biomes, through improved existing biomes, there's a lot more to see on your journey.
More, including improved space combat, terraforming, farming, as well as new ships, a new faction, and more.

One year later, No Man's Sky has grown immensely bigger and richer and content – this is an amazing time to go back, or finally enter its infinite universe.

The anniversary sale will last until August 16, 4 PM UTC.
benpfaa: I don't think anything is going to convince Steam die-hards that GOG is better than Steam anyway.

And I couldn't care less what people on Reddit think.
It's not about what you think, it's about what consumers think of GOG as a place to buy games... and having people talking negative about your service on a popular place like Reddit is bad for business.

These are people who bought the game on GOG, these are customers...
Post edited August 11, 2017 by BKGaming
Apparently this is what you see when you run into other players...

Even worse.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGame/comments/6t0wfe/first_player_met/
Niggles: any goggers have a decent review of how the game is currently? all the ones on here date back to 2016
Mistermumbles said he was going to check out the features later today, so I'm hopeful we'll get an update/impressions post later on from him.
This is just the first step, they said the MP is very limited right now but hinted that they will be expanding it in the future.
Wellp,

can't make the sandbox Fun?

Add Story Mode
Hmmm... Cheaper than Everspace. Now that's a fair price.
Konrad: Hey everyone,
I can confirm that the ghost multiplayer feature isn't included in our build right now. We're going to keep you updated as the situation clears up.

Really sorry about the confusion here, and thanks a million for bearing with us!
BKGaming: I realize this may not exactly be GOG's fault, but you guys do realize that stuff like this only re-enforces that Steam is the place to buy games with online features and not GOG? Many people are now complaining on Reddit about buying the GOG version. :/

Let's hope this is worked out sooner rather than later...
Whoever believes that this will be available in Galaxy, might as well believe that the earth is flat.
This feature will come to GOG one day after they fixed the SecuROM stuff in F.E.A.R. ... https://www.gog.com/forum/general/fear_installed_securom_all_over_my_computer_does_anyone_know_how_to_get_rid_of_it
GOG.com: slew of new content in the Atlast Rises< update – and a 60% off sale, the best deal
Spell check not working today, or Freudian slip? :)
john_hatcher: Whoever believes that this will be available in Galaxy, might as well believe that the earth is flat.
This feature will come to GOG one day after they fixed the SecuROM stuff in F.E.A.R. ... https://www.gog.com/forum/general/fear_installed_securom_all_over_my_computer_does_anyone_know_how_to_get_rid_of_it
The SecuROM issue is very minor... they are left over files that litterally do nothing unless a game is install that has working SecuROM. Not exactly a high priority and an issue that some people have made bigger than what it is.

This is a far different situation...
Post edited August 12, 2017 by BKGaming
T.Hodd: To be honest, I couldn't care if it's not available on GOG. It's an exploration game, not some sort of PvP.
groze: Hello Games are calling it 'Joint exploration'. Doesn't sound at all like PvP, to me; and I'd definitely like to experience something like what they're introducing, if only GOG Galaxy supported it...
This is not Attacking this post .....
Multiplayer is So over rated so what if it does not have pvp.. I don't want to have the same ole assholes ruining it for everyone .It happens to every game that has Multiplayer.
Well, from those screenshots it seems like a very basic multiplayer interaction.

Of course I don't know the inner-workings of this game or Galaxy, but then why the GOG version of the game Absolver can have multiplayer (very similar to Dark Souls' multiplayer) through Galaxy and not this game? Heck, Absolver will even be crossplay compatible (Steam and Galaxy).

It seems to me more like laziness from NMS' devs side than anything else.

EDIT: just adding that Divinity Original Sin and Shadow Warrior 2 have multiplayer and are crossplay compatible with Steam as well.
Post edited August 12, 2017 by XeidiDent
groze: Hello Games are calling it 'Joint exploration'. Doesn't sound at all like PvP, to me; and I'd definitely like to experience something like what they're introducing, if only GOG Galaxy supported it...
marcg1z28: This is not Attacking this post .....
Multiplayer is So over rated so what if it does not have pvp.. I don't want to have the same ole assholes ruining it for everyone .It happens to every game that has Multiplayer.
I agree with you, it's a valid point. Most of the multiplayer online communities are overflowing with bile, and should be avoided.

Having said that, the kind of people who (still) play No Man's Sky is vastly different from the ones who play GTA V Online, LoL, WoW, CoD, Counter-Strike or what have you, and I think that reflects on the online experience. Adding to that, 'Joint Exploration' is an extremely minimal online interaction; basically, you only see blueish-white orbs (or "ghosts") representing other players, with which you can interact by speaking and/or listening to them -- and you can turn off "voice chat" altogether, if you fear you'll be encountering trolls. Player's can't physically interact with each other, at this point, they can't shoot each other or partake in "raids" or anything of the sort. If two players are on the same place, in the same planet, and one decides to start terraforming, the other won't even be able to see the terrain changes.

Also, and I think this is worth mentioning, adding to how different the regular No Man's Sky player is from other online players, you'd be in an even more "safe" level, because you'd only be able to interact with other GOG players, not the Steam or PlayStation ones. Sadly (or fortunately, for some, I guess), not only doesn't the GOG build support Ghost Multiplayer/Joint Exploration, there simply isn't a GOG online community to speak of.

And I know most of the people on GOG are fine with just playing the games for the single player modes, but I have to say it's kind of sad not having a single person with whom to play Torchlight II, Grim Dawn, Victor Vran, Titan Quest, Dying Light, The Last Blade or any of the Metal Slugs just because I wanted to buy the DRM-free GOG version of these games and the GOG online community is downright non-existent...
XeidiDent: Well, from those screenshots it seems like a very basic multiplayer interaction.

Of course I don't know the inner-workings of this game or Galaxy, but then why the GOG version of the game Absolver can have multiplayer (very similar to Dark Souls' multiplayer) through Galaxy and not this game? Heck, Absolver will even be cross-platform compatible (Steam and Galaxy).

It seems to me more like laziness from NMS' devs side than anything else.
You're right. Personally I didn't realize the type of MP Absolver had... I thought it was matchmaking on that game too. I believe the Astroneer devs stated they couldn't at the time release on GOG because they could not do the MP as implemented on Steam on Galaxy.

Perhaps it's simple matter of NMS devs not having the latest Galaxy SDK or getting it to late to have it ready on the patch release date.
Post edited August 13, 2017 by BKGaming
I was waiting for this.
Instabuy, soo looking forward to all the improvements upon former release (almost feels like reparation release) :)
Credit where it's due, they do appear to be pulling off an Egosoft here. Looking forward to giving this a shot, and seeing what they cook up in the future too!