It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

No Man's Sky – One Year Anniversary

Today marks the one year anniversary of <span class="bold">No Man's Sky</span>
In the past year, the Hello Games team has been hard at work addressing community feedback and rolling out new content to the No Man's Sky experience. We've gotten new game modes and exciting survival mechanics, base building, vehicles, expanded trading and crafting, massive personal freighters and so much more than we could ever list here.

Today marks the <span class="bold">No Man's Sky</span> anniversary, and Hello Games are bringing a slew of new content in the Atlast Rises< update – and a 60% off sale, the best deal there has been so far!

So what's cool about Atlas Rises?
New Story Mode – in a complete overhaul to the original story, you'll set off on a 20-hour journey across the universe and discover Portals, allowing you to travel vast distances extremely quickly.
Improved Trading – plot and optimize your trade routes in the new trading metagame, born thanks to unique socio-economic traits in each star system and an overhauled galactic map.
Missions and New Faction System – procedurally generated missions add a layer of replayability as you earn rewards and respect on your journeys.
Better Biomes – from rare, extreme and abstract biomes, through improved existing biomes, there's a lot more to see on your journey.
More, including improved space combat, terraforming, farming, as well as new ships, a new faction, and more.

One year later, No Man's Sky has grown immensely bigger and richer and content – this is an amazing time to go back, or finally enter its infinite universe.

The anniversary sale will last until August 16, 4 PM UTC.
GOG.com: Ghost Multiplayer – encounter and interact with real-life travelers, discover their story and their mystery.
Can we get some clarity on this? I'm led to believe this isn't available on GOG?
I love that a bunch of people just had the completely wrong idea about what this game was going to be and bitched so hard that they got a developer to just radically change the philosophy of the game to appease them. EA can't even get Bioware to do more then a 10 minute extended ending to ME3...
low rated
If I could get it for this price on Steam and it was available via Connect.. maybe.
GOG.com: Ghost Multiplayer – encounter and interact with real-life travelers, discover their story and their mystery.
mjpfx: Can we get some clarity on this? I'm led to believe this isn't available on GOG?
I would also like to know.
They said this isn't available with Galaxy, is it available without Galaxy?
Sounds like a good update. For those who are interested, you can read about everything that's been changed on the NMS website. I'll be checking out these features later today.
LupinSaiko: I love that a bunch of people just had the completely wrong idea about what this game was going to be and bitched so hard that they got a developer to just radically change the philosophy of the game to appease them. EA can't even get Bioware to do more then a 10 minute extended ending to ME3...
Not sure there is that much "philosophy change" taking place here, most of the things included in NMS updates including this one were things either explicitly promised or shown in early trailers; it's more a case slowly catching up.

But still kudos to Hello Games for at least continuing working on it
mistermumbles: Sounds like a good update. For those who are interested, you can read about everything that's been changed on the NMS website. I'll be checking out these features later today.
I'm actually tempted by this. I'd be interested in your thoughts if you're willing to post later on once you've checked it out.
mjpfx: Can we get some clarity on this? I'm led to believe this isn't available on GOG?
This needs to be clarified... and if not.. why not?
Bigs: This needs to be clarified... and if not.. why not?
If it's not I would assume it's because Galaxy can't handle this type of online yet. Galaxy works great for matchmaking style online play but a few devs have mentioned that Galaxy couldn't currently support their game online and usually it's this type of online... ie non matchmaking.

Not many devs build their own online infrastructure anymore and Hello Games is using Steamworks on Steam. It will probably be a while before Galaxy's online infrastructure Is fully fleshed out. That's my guess anyway.

That or it's simply Hello Games not having it ready for GOG users before release which I hope isn't the case.
Post edited August 11, 2017 by BKGaming
Well, this sounds like an ambitious update and a good discount, but I don´t think that will be enough to calm peoples minds. A permanent pricedrop and a long-time-patchroad could have done that job...

...personally, I still don´t believe that this game is one I´d enjoy, so I´ll pass for now.
Good update and discount.
I hope that they will include underwater gameplay too at some point.
Bigs: This needs to be clarified... and if not.. why not?
No reason given on the dev's patch notes page Here (towards the bottom under Gameplay notes). Just mention that it doesn't work with GOG Galaxy.
So the game's price and content are more in balance now, that is good to see.