It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

No Man's Sky – One Year Anniversary

Today marks the one year anniversary of <span class="bold">No Man's Sky</span>
In the past year, the Hello Games team has been hard at work addressing community feedback and rolling out new content to the No Man's Sky experience. We've gotten new game modes and exciting survival mechanics, base building, vehicles, expanded trading and crafting, massive personal freighters and so much more than we could ever list here.

Today marks the <span class="bold">No Man's Sky</span> anniversary, and Hello Games are bringing a slew of new content in the Atlast Rises< update – and a 60% off sale, the best deal there has been so far!

So what's cool about Atlas Rises?
New Story Mode – in a complete overhaul to the original story, you'll set off on a 20-hour journey across the universe and discover Portals, allowing you to travel vast distances extremely quickly.
Improved Trading – plot and optimize your trade routes in the new trading metagame, born thanks to unique socio-economic traits in each star system and an overhauled galactic map.
Missions and New Faction System – procedurally generated missions add a layer of replayability as you earn rewards and respect on your journeys.
Better Biomes – from rare, extreme and abstract biomes, through improved existing biomes, there's a lot more to see on your journey.
More, including improved space combat, terraforming, farming, as well as new ships, a new faction, and more.

One year later, No Man's Sky has grown immensely bigger and richer and content – this is an amazing time to go back, or finally enter its infinite universe.

The anniversary sale will last until August 16, 4 PM UTC.
GOG person(s) in charge of these threads, just a heads-up: if the new Ghost Multiplayer feature advertised under 'So what's cool about Atlas Rises?' doesn't work with the GOG version of No Man's Sky, like it has been said, you would do well to remove it or at least add a note clarifying GOG Galaxy can't support it (yet?).

Having said that, this is a good discount for a game where one can easily sink in 100+ hours in a blink of an eye, as long as we forget about the whole initial overhype and just enjoy the game for what it truly is.
Post edited August 11, 2017 by groze
At first I was like this but nope, experience seems to have improved a whole ton. Good riddance for the devs and owners alike ;)

BUT you'll never be like these phoenixes (?), NMS folks! ;D
There no need to clarify, in the patch notes on the official Hello Games web said (copy paste): "Joint exploration has been introduced allowing 16 players to see visual representations of each other in game. Joint exploration does not require PS Plus, and is not currently available on GOG Galaxy."
The thing is that the GoG redactor needs to delete that and clarify if this is just for now.

You can go and see it for yourself, like I read in this forum, is under the section "Gameplay".

http://www.nomanssky.com/atlas-rises-update/
I was tempted by the 60% off (before I knew of the update), now I think I'm ready to get my wallet out...
GOG.com: Ghost Multiplayer – encounter and interact with real-life travelers, discover their story and their mystery.
mjpfx: Can we get some clarity on this? I'm led to believe this isn't available on GOG?
To be honest, I couldn't care if it's not available on GOG. It's an exploration game, not some sort of PvP.

EDIT: No wait, £15 is excellent price for NMS. Now the only thing stopping me getting it is my PCs performance (Or rather, lack of). Anyone know how well it runs on windows 7 x64 8GB RAM with an old graphics card?
Post edited August 11, 2017 by T.Hodd
GOG.com: ...

, and more.

Does anyone knows/tried if that finally involves naming the Explorer? Last time I checked he/she/it still run along with my gog forum name. Totally kills the game for me.
GOG.com: ...

, and more.

anothername: Does anyone knows/tried if that finally involves naming the Explorer? Last time I checked he/she/it still run along with my gog forum name. Totally kills the game for me.
I think you are expecting too much now.
Post edited August 11, 2017 by Themken
anothername: Does anyone knows/tried if that finally involves naming the Explorer? Last time I checked he/she/it still run along with my gog forum name. Totally kills the game for me.
Themken: I think you are expecting too much now.
Yeah, I'm needy like that :P

Punchline: I really liked the game at release as it where until that name thingy was not bearable anymore. All the things that kind of exploded in Hellos face and everybody raged about I more or less waved off. Never touched it after that except for that previous big patch, but just too see if they did something about the name.
T.Hodd: To be honest, I couldn't care if it's not available on GOG. It's an exploration game, not some sort of PvP.
Hello Games are calling it 'Joint exploration'. Doesn't sound at all like PvP, to me; and I'd definitely like to experience something like what they're introducing, if only GOG Galaxy supported it...
Post edited August 11, 2017 by groze
high rated
Hey everyone,
I can confirm that the ghost multiplayer feature isn't included in our build right now. We're going to keep you updated as the situation clears up.

Really sorry about the confusion here, and thanks a million for bearing with us!
T.Hodd: To be honest, I couldn't care if it's not available on GOG. It's an exploration game, not some sort of PvP.
groze: Hello Games are calling it 'Joint exploration'. Doesn't sound at all like PvP, to me; and I'd definitely like to experience something like what they're introducing, if only GOG Galaxy supported it...
Alright, fair point I should have just put multiplayer. :)
high rated
Konrad: Hey everyone,
I can confirm that the ghost multiplayer feature isn't included in our build right now. We're going to keep you updated as the situation clears up.

Really sorry about the confusion here, and thanks a million for bearing with us!
I realize this may not exactly be GOG's fault, but you guys do realize that stuff like this only re-enforces that Steam is the place to buy games with online features and not GOG? Many people are now complaining on Reddit about buying the GOG version. :/

Let's hope this is worked out sooner rather than later...

BKGaming: I realize this may not exactly be GOG's fault, but you guys do realize that stuff like this only re-enforces that Steam is the place to buy games with online features and not GOG? Many people are now complaining on Reddit about buying the GOG version. :/
Bingo.

BKGaming: I realize this may not exactly be GOG's fault, but you guys do realize that stuff like this only re-enforces that Steam is the place to buy games with online features and not GOG? Many people are now complaining on Reddit about buying the GOG version. :/

Let's hope this is worked out sooner rather than later...
I don't think anything is going to convince Steam die-hards that GOG is better than Steam anyway.

And I couldn't care less what people on Reddit think.
Konrad: Really sorry about the confusion here, and thanks a million for bearing with us!
*Sigh* Right, we are GOGbearing with you... don't make it a habit though.
any goggers have a decent review of how the game is currently? all the ones on here date back to 2016