It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Cyraxpt: it's so pathetic that really shows his age (teenager, around 16)
My friend, ever heard of the word manchild?

Tallima: If I were GOG, I'd just remove any account that hasn't bought anything in 6 months. Beyond that, that's the best I would say to do.
I hope you mean any account that hasn't bought anything at all in 6 months and not an account that just had an inactive period of 6 months.
Post edited July 02, 2015 by Grargar
low rated
Grargar: My friend, ever heard of the word manchild?
Dunno, part of me wants to believe that he's just a kid otherwise it would just be pathetic to be so dumb, persistent and vengeful as he is.
Cyraxpt: it's so pathetic that really shows his age (teenager, around 16)
Grargar: My friend, ever heard of the word manchild?

Tallima: If I were GOG, I'd just remove any account that hasn't bought anything in 6 months. Beyond that, that's the best I would say to do.
Grargar: I hope you mean any account that hasn't bought anything at all in 6 months and not an account that just had an inactive period of 6 months.
Right. A new account that never bought anything for 6 months is a non-customer. Of course, some folks may just lurk for a long time as they make their way through the free games.

It's a tricky problem with a solution that is bound to offend a customer at some point. The easy answer to me is MAHAYO.
Tallima: It's a tricky problem
Your solution doesn't seem to address the problem, though. Account removal accomplishes nothing, and the majority of current scammer/downrep-flood problems aren't with accounts that are even six *weeks* old, much less six months. Even if you hate me *so much* all the time, we never interact if you a) don't post about it b) don't PM me about it and c) don't downrep-spam my posts. Those are the three elements of the problem that need fixed, and culling old accounts won't help any of that. Paygating new thread and downvote/upvote will take care of multi-account abuse to either derep someone or uprep false accounts. Handling abusive posts/chats as one-offs will handle the rest, if the community doesn't handle the former via "report as spam" and the latter by simply blocking chat messages from unwanted users.

I can't think of any problem that blanket account deletion fixes, while not creating far greater problems.
Tallima: It's a tricky problem
OneFiercePuppy: Your solution doesn't seem to address the problem, though. Account removal accomplishes nothing, and the majority of current scammer/downrep-flood problems aren't with accounts that are even six *weeks* old, much less six months. Even if you hate me *so much* all the time, we never interact if you a) don't post about it b) don't PM me about it and c) don't downrep-spam my posts. Those are the three elements of the problem that need fixed, and culling old accounts won't help any of that. Paygating new thread and downvote/upvote will take care of multi-account abuse to either derep someone or uprep false accounts. Handling abusive posts/chats as one-offs will handle the rest, if the community doesn't handle the former via "report as spam" and the latter by simply blocking chat messages from unwanted users.

I can't think of any problem that blanket account deletion fixes, while not creating far greater problems.
You're absolutely right. I like what you said about "paygating." If you don't have a paid game on your account, then you're stuck at lurking in the forums. Buy a game, and you can post.

Of course, then you get the problem of some folks wanting to ask a question about a game before they buy.

Perhaps without a paid game, one report-as-spam deletes the post and flags that account as abusive and keeps them from interacting with the forum until a game is paid for? Or maybe a guest area could be made for those questions?
Nice list, though to tallima MAHAYO only works with people that know about it. Something like an IP ban has to be done if they're going to have manchildren stalking and harrassing others.
pimpmonkey2382.313: Nice list, though to tallima MAHAYO only works with people that know about it. Something like an IP ban has to be done if they're going to have manchildren stalking and harrassing others.
IP ban is not possible because not every ISP on the planet use fixed IPs for their customers (and I agree : fixed IPs should be the norm)
deleted
pimpmonkey2382.313: Shit, that would take all week, he probably has 300+.
OneFiercePuppy: Well, I'll start us off, then. Double asterisks indicate accounts that caught my eye but I don't have anything other than a feeling about them belonging here.
How about Abcde00? That's the original one that was involved in the trade of PaterAlf's stalker key.
FYI that fucker is online at least four or five times right now.
phaolo: GOG should really do something about this guy.
It's absurd that a single person could create so many alt accounts without any control.
Maybe GOG should disallow using temporary mail adresses for accounts? Also, check IP origin? :(
Tallima: I hope not IP. I share an IP with tens of thousands of people at times due to work, and I also travel a lot for work so my IP goes all over the country.

If I were GOG, I'd just remove any account that hasn't bought anything in 6 months. Beyond that, that's the best I would say to do.

If folks want to do giveaways and not be scammed, ask for older dates and higher reps. Beyond that, scammers are gonna scam.
Dafuq?? o_0

You know how fast GOG would get sued for account removal? I mean people who buy rarely would be very angry fior losing paid for content.
Tallima: I hope not IP. I share an IP with tens of thousands of people at times due to work, and I also travel a lot for work so my IP goes all over the country.

If I were GOG, I'd just remove any account that hasn't bought anything in 6 months. Beyond that, that's the best I would say to do.

If folks want to do giveaways and not be scammed, ask for older dates and higher reps. Beyond that, scammers are gonna scam.
Shmacky-McNuts: Dafuq?? o_0

You know how fast GOG would get sued for account removal? I mean people who buy rarely would be very angry fior losing paid for content.
How could that asshole sue, HE HASN'T BOUGHT ANYTHING! :P
Shmacky-McNuts: Dafuq?? o_0

tinyE: How could that asshole sue, HE HASN'T BOUGHT ANYTHING! :P
Apparently I didn't read back far enough mate. Chill, I took his comment in general.
Post edited July 03, 2015 by Shmacky-McNuts
Shmacky-McNuts: Apparently I didn't read back far enough mate. Chill, I took his comment in general.
He's cool.
Shmacky-McNuts: Apparently I didn't read back far enough mate. Chill, I took his comment in general.
Relax, I was laughing when I typed that. XD You'll notice I threw a :P in at the end. :D