It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
I don't know why the current version is called the stable release as it most certainly isn't since the first attempt to download one game using it caused my laptop to go haywire and for the downloader to stop responding requiring a forced shutdown of it, and when I started it back up the game that was downloading had vanished from the list and quite frankly the downloader has now been removed from my computer as I'm most likely to be able to download a lot faster downloading it through the web browser (the downloader was only maxed out at around 3MB/s when it should have gotten to the 8MB/s mark).
I've just encountered a really stupid bug in the latest version (3.6.0).

Last light I added a bunch of games. Some of them downloaded so I installed them and removed them from the list to delete the downloads. This morning I start my machine and the GOG downloader decides to re-download the removed items.

Very stupid.
Since Sunday I started getting the checksum error repeatedly. I have the 3.6.0.0 stable version of GOG Downloader.
Sent my error log automatically to support. Tried re-installing it, account refresh, but nothing helps.

Neither it works through browser -(Chrome) - there it displays - network error.

Additionally I am getting the same problem on another computer at home at which I did not have problems with downloading games from GOG previously.

I wonder whether this has something to do with my application for the GALAXY beta test.
I have already received the copy of AvP but I cannot download it.
the latest version is not working on my mac (os x yosemite), the application does not respond and i must force quit to close it.

Removed (with appcleaner) and reinstalled the application doesn't help.
saintpumpkin: the latest version is not working on my mac (os x yosemite), the application does not respond and i must force quit to close it.

Removed (with appcleaner) and reinstalled the application doesn't help.
Same problem. It was working because I first downloaded it and started queuing items. Then when I moved the app to the applications folder it started crashing. I'm not sure where it stores its settings as i'm a bit of a mac noob.
Using Windows 8.0 64 bit and Classic Shell.

How do I find out how much of a file has been downloaded already by GOG Downloader? I can see the downloader icon on the toolbar and it seems to show about 75% but I'd like to know more specifically the amount downloaded. I've also seen in this thread mention of a progress bar, but apart from the above mentioned, I see no progress bar.

If I could locate where the file is temporarily downloaded to I could see exactly how much has been downloaded.

Thanks.
Deklasun: If I could locate where the file is temporarily downloaded to I could see exactly how much has been downloaded.
From what I recall, there isn't a temporary folder, so the files are downloaded to the folder you specify in the options (default is Documents\GOG.com Downloads). The downloader should be appending to the end of the last file, until the file is downloaded.
Deklasun: How do I find out how much of a file has been downloaded already by GOG Downloader? I can see the downloader icon on the toolbar and it seems to show about 75% but I'd like to know more specifically the amount downloaded. I've also seen in this thread mention of a progress bar, but apart from the above mentioned, I see no progress bar.
You are aware that you can maximize the toolbar icon and the exact amount downloaded is visible in the main screen?
@JMich - I did look there but it just showed the full size of the file as if it had already downloaded but as it was over 1 Gb and I had only been downloading a short time and my connection is SLOW, it could not have been the full file.

@ ChrisSZ - Yes, I did have it maximized, but no game icon was shown nor the progress bar (which are now both shown while I am in the process of downloading another game). However the online speed indicator at lower left did show the speed. Maybe I messed something up by initially trying to download with 'Internet Download Manager'. I could not get it to resume so switched to GOG downloader.

In any case, all seems to be working fine now and the file I'm currently downloading is progressively increasing in size.

I'm happy. (Yep, doesn't take much to make me happy).

Thanks for your help guys.

Cheers,
This is stupid. I am trying to download Baldur's Gate and GOG downloader fails. I can see the speed fluctuating and the Network tab under task manager shows an actual network connection, I can see the filesize increasing but GOG downloader progress bar stays at the same (130 mb, or 100 mb, or 70 mb whenever it fancies it seems).

The best part is if I pause/start the download it merrily goes back to 30 mb and restarts from there. I checked my .net version's integrity, I also ran gog downloader with admin rights, I reinstalled downloader but nothing gives. The kicker is it does happen on smaller sized games like FTL.

Any suggestions?

edit:
never mind it is resolved.
Post edited October 27, 2014 by ozgurcakmak
i m also try to download
No matter what I do, the downloader refuses to download Knights of the old Republic. And this time even uninstalling the downloader and re-installing it didn't help. It works for other games, but Knights of the old Republic is only added and then always shown as 'Paused'. And there is no way to 'unpause', i.e. start the download. Both the pause and the resume buttons are greyed out and after a full day of trying I am frustrated. So I have two requests:

1. I want to be able to download and play the game I bought. Direct download via browser is difficult too because of the file size and my slow internet connection.

2. Please fix your downloader. As it is now it stopped performing correctly several times and I had to re-install it each time to fix it. So it's not a stable downloader yet.
I cannot install Alien VS Predator 2000 Classic, when I try it says "paused". I did install it before, immediately after getting it for the beta. I had to uninstall it because the MP wasn't working.

To test this I tried downloading a different game and it worked. I also was able to DL X-WING a few days ago with no problems.Please fix this GoG.
My GoG downloader will start to download a game and the download speed will quickly reduce to 0 kb/s. Once I pause the download and start it again, it will resume and then immediately reduce to 0 again. This happens with all games as well as bonus content, and also happens when I try downloading through the browser. I've tried multiple browsers, turned off my firewall and still nothing. I submitted a support request but haven't heard anything back. Any ideas?

I'm currently running OSX Yosemite 10.10 and using the latest version of the downloader.
Ragnarblackmane: I cannot install Alien VS Predator 2000 Classic, when I try it says "paused". I did install it before, immediately after getting it for the beta. I had to uninstall it because the MP wasn't working.

To test this I tried downloading a different game and it worked. I also was able to DL X-WING a few days ago with no problems.Please fix this GoG.
The same happened to me. I finally decided to download the free games from GOG but Alien Vs. Predator Classic 2000 doesn't work on the GOG downloader, it just remains "paused".