It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
Has anyone been able to get the downloader to listen to speedlimits?

From my experience it either just ignores it and downloads at full speed or it doesn't download anything at all. I'd report it for a bugfix, but I've heard they don't intend to update the downloader now that they're pushing the new client.

Doesn't help me now though so has anyone come up with a work around?
rayden54: Has anyone been able to get the downloader to listen to speedlimits?
It works fine on my end. The only thing I can think of is that the settings aren't being adhered to because of a permissions issue. It might help if you post what speed you're limiting it to. I can easily pull 3.3MB/s on my connection, if I set it for 1024 or 2048, even flipping the checkbox it'll stick to that if not a bit under the moment that it's done even without saving the settings.
rayden54: Has anyone been able to get the downloader to listen to speedlimits?
Hitchno: It works fine on my end. The only thing I can think of is that the settings aren't being adhered to because of a permissions issue. It might help if you post what speed you're limiting it to. I can easily pull 3.3MB/s on my connection, if I set it for 1024 or 2048, even flipping the checkbox it'll stick to that if not a bit under the moment that it's done even without saving the settings.
I've got it set to 100 Kb/s.

My connection's only about 1.8 Mbps (0.225 MB/s), but if I let it download at that speed, no one else can use the internet.
I use (and like) the Downloader, mostly for the increase in speed over a browser http transfer (though it's been a bit slow over the last couple of weeks, can't think why! ;-) ), and particularly for the fact that it can check existing downloads and only download updated files. But there are a couple of aspects I'd personally like to see improved, maybe in whatever resplaces it:

1) It's a resource hog. It doesn't play well with others, and there are several apps on my system that will make the Downloader simply grind to a halt if they're running at the same time. An example is my browser, of course, even though I'm lucky with my ISP and my data speed and bandwidth are better than the average in my country, but it also happens with local apps such as my word processor, surprisingly. Something about memory cache and resources, I guess. With games getting into the multiple GBs in size, it would help to have multitasking back.

2) I wish the Downloader would remember where it's been. If I've just downloaded something, and need to download something else to a different folder, it would be nice if the Downloader remembered the target folder it just had, and let me navigate sideways when I "Change Settings" — rather than taking me back to the root of my PC on a different drive, and having to redirect the app to my games drive and folders all over again.

I sort my games by using a different main folder for each genre, since I don't always remember titles to match the style of game. I raised point 2 with tech support, and they suggested I just download everything to the one folder and then manually cut and paste them into my genre folders, but that, I think, misses the point. For an update, the Downloader has to point at that game's existing folder, and whether it's a sideways move within the same catch-all folder or to someone else on the folder tree, the Downloader still reverts to the root folder of my computer and has to be navigated back again.

I'm only fairly new to buying games, but is that how the Downloader has always worked? If so, I'm surprised it hasn't been addressed long before this.
Why?, removing a game from the down loader list whilst its open remove the damn files from your HDD
DarkR1der: Why?, removing a game from the down loader list whilst its open remove the damn files from your HDD
If the download was completed successfully, using the "Clear" button removes the game from the download list without removing the files from your HDD.

Is this what you're doing, yet the files still get removed from your HDD?
DarkR1der: Why?, removing a game from the down loader list whilst its open remove the damn files from your HDD
HypersomniacLive: If the download was completed successfully, using the "Clear" button removes the game from the download list without removing the files from your HDD.

Is this what you're doing, yet the files still get removed from your HDD?
I had a fair few in the list I was updating - right click remove from list that had finished ...long storey short it deleted all the files from the HDD that were downloaded.
Yes my mistake, but why have that feature at all!
DarkR1der: I had a fair few in the list I was updating - right click remove from list that had finished ...long storey short it deleted all the files from the HDD that were downloaded.
If you right click and choose "Remove", it's understood as a command to cancel the download
It's for cases when you change your mind about a download.

Out of curiosity - it does give you a warning that the files will be removed from the HDD, why did you proceed?
DarkR1der: I had a fair few in the list I was updating - right click remove from list that had finished ...long storey short it deleted all the files from the HDD that were downloaded.
HypersomniacLive: If you right click and choose "Remove", it's understood as a command to cancel the download
It's for cases when you change your mind about a download.

Out of curiosity - it does give you a warning that the files will be removed from the HDD, why did you proceed?
A command to cancel the download sure I understand, but to delete the files. No if they are finished.
I saw the warning and thought surely not, but the warning did in fact do what it said... go figure.
At least it was limited in what I lost, but the question remains. Why have that feature if the download is complete?
Post edited July 05, 2014 by DarkR1der
DarkR1der: A command to cancel the download sure I understand, but to delete the files. No if they are finished.
I saw the warning and thought surely not, but the warning did in fact do what it said... go figure.
At least it was limited in what I lost, but the question remains. Why have that feature if the download is complete?
No offence, but there's no place for "go figure" - when an app warns you about the consequences of any action you're about to take, you should always take it literary, and the GOG Downloader is no exception.

I can only assume that the question remains for you because you don't understand the difference between using "Clear" and "Remove":
- The "Clear" button is for completed downloads - it removes a completed download entry from the list without removing the files from the HDD.
- The right-click "Remove" is for downloads that are underway and you want to cancel them - it removes the download entry from the list along with the incomplete downloaded files from the HDD. That's also exactly how the "cancel" works in Firefox downloads (probably other browsers too).

In other words, right-click "Remove" is not a substitute for "Clear" regarding completed downloads as they have different functions.

Hope it's clearer now. :-)
Hello, Ks Backer, I found today time to install (or, better say, try to) the game.

The installer downoaded :
setup_divinity_original_sin_2.2.0.4.bin : 4.6 Go
setup_divinity_original_sin_2.2.0.4.exe : 35 Mo

But, game here (Gog version) is announced for 8.4 Go total ?

So, trying to install = "installer files missing", without detail (or, if there is any, did not see/found them).

Any idea / insight ?

Thanks in advance..

Edit : corrected .exe size, was swithed for 2.2..4 patch (my bad).
Post edited July 05, 2014 by eden.sb
eden.sb: Hello, Ks Backer, I found today time to install (or, better say, try to) the game.

The installer downoaded :
setup_divinity_original_sin_2.2.0.4.bin : 4.6 Go
setup_divinity_original_sin_2.2.0.4.exe : 183 Mo

But, game here (Gog version) is announced for 8.4 Go total ?

So, trying to install = "installer files missing", without detail (or, if there is any, did not see/found them).

Any idea / insight ?

Thanks in advance..
setup_divinity_original_sin_2.2.0.4.exe is the patch only, I believe. Do you also have the base game setup_divinity_original_sin_2.0.0.2.exe?
Base game, yes, Altrough the file is apparently smaller that is supposed size.

Then, no :

"patch_divinity_original_sin_2.2.0.4.exe" = patch.
(not needed I guess, as to the same version number that base download), 183 mo.

Still, my bad : "setup_divinity_original_sin_2.2.0.4.exe" = 35mo, 183mo being the 2.2.0.4 patch.
Post edited July 05, 2014 by eden.sb
Hmmm... I cannot help then, I fear. I downloaded setup_divinity_original_sin_2.0.0.2.exe, installed it,
patched it with setup_divinity_original_sin_2.2.0.4.exe and everything works. :-(
Ok, so :

Cleared the files from hd, same from gogdownloader.
Seem I cannot start the download again now, so, swithed the downloader and started "standart" files,

Oh !
Got it, there is a .pack (setup_divinity_original_sin_2.2.0.4-2.bin) who is not linked (yet) for download with gogdownloader, and so, error (installer files missing).

So, solution found, and download time reduced by half, if using part gogdownloader & original part 2 file..

Update when download completed + install tried (in an hour or so).