It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
Starkrun: All downloads work fine except gogdownloader://baldurs_gate_the_original_saga/installer_win_en crashes that link crashes the application.
Just tried it and it worked fine, so possibly a temporarily glitch. If it still doesn't work, go to %localappdata%\GOG.com and paste the last parts of the logger.log
Starkrun: All downloads work fine except gogdownloader://baldurs_gate_the_original_saga/installer_win_en crashes that link crashes the application.
JMich: Just tried it and it worked fine, so possibly a temporarily glitch. If it still doesn't work, go to %localappdata%\GOG.com and paste the last parts of the logger.log
Message: Access to the path 'X:\baldurs_gate_the_original_saga\setup_baldurs_gate_2.0.0.20.exe' is denied.

I checked permissions and played with stuff... in the end it was a corrupted file, delete/re-download works fine... never knew that the log file was there, thank you!
Starkrun: Message: Access to the path 'X:\baldurs_gate_the_original_saga\setup_baldurs_gate_2.0.0.20.exe' is denied.

I checked permissions and played with stuff... in the end it was a corrupted file, delete/re-download works fine... never knew that the log file was there, thank you!
If the X:\ drive is a removable or network one, it is possible that the owner of said file is different, thus the permission denied message. Either way, glad you got it working, enjoy your game :)
I cannot get the gog.com downloader to work. When I install it it installs in less then a second then when I choose to run the gog.com downloader windows says :

GOG.com Downloader has stopped working
Windows can check online for a solution to the problem.

-> Check online for a solution and close the program

->Close the program

v View problem details

Description:
Stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: gog.com downloader.exe
Problem Signature 02: 3.6.0.0
Problem Signature 03: 526147f9
Problem Signature 04: System
Problem Signature 05: 2.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 506a8f81
Problem Signature 07: 2d64
Problem Signature 08: 73
Problem Signature 09: System.Net.Sockets.Socket
OS Version: 6.2.9200.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID: 1033

Read our privacy statement online:

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

I have re-downloaded 15 times. Uninstalled 15 times. Tried 3 separate locations to install to. I even downloaded and ran the .NET Framework problem identifier program and nothing has worked.

When it is installed if I choose to download via the gog.com downloader on my games page windows comes up with a window saying :

search the app store for an app that can run this type of program

I am using Windows 8 64bit I have NOT updated to 8.1

can anyone help?
IMRavnos: I even downloaded and ran the .NET Framework problem identifier program and nothing has worked.
I think this problem is due to .NET 3.5 not being installed. Take a look [url=http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh506443(v=vs.110).aspx]here[/url] for how to install .NET 3.5 on Windows 8.
IMRavnos: I even downloaded and ran the .NET Framework problem identifier program and nothing has worked.
JMich: I think this problem is due to .NET 3.5 not being installed. Take a look [url=http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh506443(v=vs.110).aspx]here[/url] for how to install .NET 3.5 on Windows 8.
I went to the website and everything on my PC was the way they said it should be.

Also I am nearly 100% sure that gog.com downloader is not actually installed when it says it is finished. My reasoning is that there is no gog.com folder in %appdata% for any users or public. Also searching for the program finds nothing.

It does add files to the directory I told it to but clicking them causes the exact same error message.

Finally the fact that the installation bar goes from 0%-15% in under a second and then BOOM finished without the green progress bar ever having moved past 15% makes me think it is not fully installing.
IMRavnos: Also I am nearly 100% sure that gog.com downloader is not actually installed when it says it is finished. My reasoning is that there is no gog.com folder in %appdata% for any users or public. Also searching for the program finds nothing.
The GOG.com folder in %localappdata% is created when the downloader is run from what I recall.

IMRavnos: It does add files to the directory I told it to but clicking them causes the exact same error message.
5 files. 2 exes (downloader and uninstall), 2 dlls and 1 dat. Total size of ~1.78MB

IMRavnos: Finally the fact that the installation bar goes from 0%-15% in under a second and then BOOM finished without the green progress bar ever having moved past 15% makes me think it is not fully installing.
Not on Win8, but I think the event viewer should log if an installation fails. See if the entry has any more info, or if it says that it installed properly.
I uploaded a video to YouTube for you to see what happens. If you give me instructions on exactly what you need to see in a video please let me know. Also is there an older version of the Loader I could try?

Not sure how long before YouTube is done processing this. It's real short.

won't let me link the video *cry*

Just search for IMRavnos and you should see my video.

EDIT: Just tested and YouTube has my video up.
Post edited June 23, 2014 by IMRavnos
Hello,

I have some suggestions for improvements:

1. If I accidentially add a game for download although i already have done before, the downloader could check that becuse the folder and files are already there and could warn me (given that the targetpath for the downloads is the same of course).

2. If I remove a pending or running download from the list the programm deletes all file in the game download folder whicht is not good in combination with problem 1.
I gave up on the downloader. It just does not install correctly. Instead I went to a friends place of business and re-downloaded all the files without the gog.com downloader at 50MB/s took about 20 minutes to download and install.

So not an issue any longer since I just will never use the gog.com downloader which seems to be hated by my laptop.
It's so weird... I installed GOG downloader a very long time ago, around Dec 2012 or so and while I have encountered a few bugs/glitches with it over time, most of them went away by existing the program completely by right clicking on the systray icon and choosing exit, then restarting the program up, or they were due to running out of disk space in the download directory, also fixed by freeing up space on the download drive, exiting and restarting the app. I've only encountered a few bugs along the way that needed a GOG update of the downloader to fix and haven't encountered any problems with the downloader that caused it to crash or otherwise misbehave for a very very long time now. Likewise, I can uninstall it and reinstall it no problem (just tried).

I'm using Windows 7/x86 here personally and that's probably the most common OS release gamers are using nowadays I imagine (and according to Valve's public statistics). I can't help but wonder what is different about people's systems that appear to be unable to even install the downloader without experiencing lots of problems? Seems to be a number of people in this boat over time, but there just has to be something either unique about their system, or they must be using something very different from what those of us that never have any problems are using I imagine.

Another problem I see come up is people experiencing downloader problems that are caused by their firewall blocking the GOG downloader from being able to connect to GOG, or other security software preventing it from working properly. That is fixed simply by reconfiguring the firewall or security software to allow the software to properly function - or disabling the security software if one doesn't understand how to properly configure it.

Are all the problematic cases people using Windows 8+ perhaps? Anyhow, just some observations and thoughts. I've had nothing but great experiences with the downloader personally so it is at least possible. :)
I just installed the downloader, and it does not list any games at all to download. I have yet to install a single game from GOG, and in my account, I made sure that the GOG downloader mode is "ON". yet the downloader shows zip.

Update: Never mind, I figured it out. I thought it'd actually list the games I had available for download
Attachments:
Post edited June 27, 2014 by mishikal
mishikal: I just installed the downloader, and it does not list any games at all to download. I have yet to install a single game from GOG, and in my account, I made sure that the GOG downloader mode is "ON". yet the downloader shows zip.

Update: Never mind, I figured it out. I thought it'd actually list the games I had available for download
Yeah, it's just a download client interfaced to via the web browser, however the GOG Galaxy service that launches later this year will have a full blown gaming client which integrates library management in a manner that sounds like what you might have been expecting. Should be along here in a few months if everything works out hopefully. :)
skeletonbow: It's so weird... I installed GOG downloader a very long time ago, around Dec 2012 or so and while I have encountered a few bugs/glitches with it over time, most of them went away by existing the program completely by right clicking on the systray icon and choosing exit ...
The same here for Win7 64 bit... although the downloader always hangs (for a few minutes) when trying to delete the install files (and fails to delete them). Never went looking whats the problem though, i just delete them manually :)
bernstein82: The same here for Win7 64 bit... although the downloader always hangs (for a few minutes) when trying to delete the install files (and fails to delete them). Never went looking whats the problem though, i just delete them manually :)
I prefer to keep them for backup in case I want to uninstall/reinstall without waiting for them to download again and for backup purposes in case a meteor hits Poland or something. (I hope not!) I didn't really realize it had that as an option to delete automatically though. :)