It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
Currently having problems with the GOG Downloader. I downloaded the Downloader straight from GOG.com, installed it, then started it up. It would immediately pop-up a small Windows window saying "GOG.com Downloader has stopped working."

I can't ever get past that error window. Tried installing it on my main hard drive (got the error) and my media drive (same outcome).

Already tried to see if I can delete some specific file in my Roaming folder, but the GOG.com folder does not exist in there.

EDIT ** I tried the 3.5.6 Beta version and it still crashes on start-up.
Post edited June 19, 2013 by Arbitrium
I bought master of orion 1- 2 & paid with paypal. I have a receipt from paypal but I cant figure out how to download the game. Please help
Arbitrium: Currently having problems with the GOG Downloader. I downloaded the Downloader straight from GOG.com, installed it, then started it up. It would immediately pop-up a small Windows window saying "GOG.com Downloader has stopped working."

I can't ever get past that error window. Tried installing it on my main hard drive (got the error) and my media drive (same outcome).

Already tried to see if I can delete some specific file in my Roaming folder, but the GOG.com folder does not exist in there.

Have you tried running as administrator? Also check to see if your firewall may be blocking it.
Every time I start to download Torchlight through the Downloader, the download begins fine, but after some time it just stops running. The window goes away and the process doesn't appear in my task manager anymore. Is this happening for just me? Any suggestions on how to get past this issue?

I manged to download bonus content with the Downloader, so so far this issue is only with the game Torchlight.
Post edited June 19, 2013 by 2xNoodle
Thadiousduck: I bought master of orion 1- 2 & paid with paypal. I have a receipt from paypal but I cant figure out how to download the game. Please help
Well. After logged in to the website, just click "My Account", then It will display the list of games you have purchased/own in GOG.

Click one of the thumbnail of games you want to download. If you want to simply download it through browsers, just make sure "GOG.com Downloader mode" at the right side is OFF, and click "Windows installer, English" or any links that said "installer" at the left side to download the game.

If you want to use GOG.com Downloader for faster download, download the Downloader & install it first on your computer. Then make sure "GOG.com Downloader mode" at the right side is ON, and click "Windows installer, English" or any links that said "installer" at the left side to download the game. For faster response, make sure the downloader already running.
Anyone unable to run the downloader had find a solution? Already tried everything, the support didn't resolve my problem and I don't know what to do now.
Arbitrium: Currently having problems with the GOG Downloader. I downloaded the Downloader straight from GOG.com, installed it, then started it up. It would immediately pop-up a small Windows window saying "GOG.com Downloader has stopped working."

SupaStonerMan: Have you tried running as administrator? Also check to see if your firewall may be blocking it.
I've tried both and it doesn't fix the issue.

I'm patiently waiting for someone to post a fix since I don't know how else to approach this. Downloading the game files one by one isn't too bad.
ilhdr: snip
Arbitrium: snip
Have you got the .NET framework 3.5 installed? Here is a link to the download:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=25150
Post edited June 20, 2013 by Szulak
Arbitrium: snip
Szulak: Have you got the .NET framework 3.5 installed? Here is a link to the download:
I already checked this and it's installed.
Szulak: Have you got the .NET framework 3.5 installed? Here is a link to the download:
ilhdr: I already checked this and it's installed.
Could you explain exactly have you got and what did you already try? I haven't any report from you.
Hi,

Every time I try and download a game from the GOG Downloader (stable or beta, both up to date at time of this post as only downloaded the clients day before yesterday), I get an error message stating that there is a Checksum error. If I try manually, the installer is corrupt. Screenshots attached. The errors are the same regardless of the file downloaded.

I've tried clearing the folder, changing the folder, even changing HDD with no change.

Please help! :/
Attachments:
The current version (3.5.7.0, %LocalAppData% reset after update) is downloading a file over and over again.
The file is complete (validated with 7-zip) but at 100% the progress bar is gray and the following error message is displayed above the progress bar:
The GOG Downloader couldn't write to file Z:\gog.com\might_and_magic_6_limited_edition\Might_and_Magic_VI_OST.zip
Seems to be a problem with the verification process.
The log contains two times:
Message: Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service.

Stack trace: at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.ReadCore(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at System.IO.FileStream.Read(Byte[] array, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at GOGCompanionApp.Worker.DownloadChunk(Object downloadObject)
one InvalidOperationException after the login and one IOException after the download is finished.

To workaround this problem I have to backup (or manually download) the file, remove the entry in the list.

If the file is present the Downloader just skips it without errors (no verification, because no MD5). But as soon as the Downloader is actually downloading the file the problem happens again (tried it several times).
ScarletSpider85: snip
Could you send me a report (from the Settings option in the GOG Downloader) please? I will take a look on this issue.
nicode: snip
Could you send me a report (from the Settings option in the GOG Downloader) please? I will take a look on this issue.
Post edited June 21, 2013 by Szulak
Szulak: Could you send me a report (from the Settings option in the GOG Downloader) please? I will take a look on this issue.
done
Szulak: Could you send me a report (from the Settings option in the GOG Downloader) please? I will take a look on this issue.
nicode: done
Didn't receive your report. Could you try again or upload a contents of your log file to pastebin.com?