It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
Thanks, that worked. Had to remove the Read Only flags.

asmith46
How exactly does the "limit download speed" option work? I attempted to limit/stop downloads between 8am-2am (ie only download between 2am and 8am), but checking the box didn't seem to have any effect. Setting the Download speed limit also didn't seem to make any difference.

Is it possible to stop downloading after 8am and start again at 2am?

Do I need to use the download speed limit in conjunction with the time restrictions?
Another issue I've noticed is that the downloader will stop on the last chunk - a game has been downloading the last 8MB for over 24 hours. The speed indicator in the status bar indicates that it is downloading @ 673KB/s, so it should have finished by now :)

Closing the GOG downloader and launching it again solves this issue, but it's very frustrating if I have many downloads queued.

Screenshot attached.
Attachments:
i would appreciate any help.
the gog.com downloader crashes upon launch.
it used to work on win7 ultimate 64-bit with .net framework 4 client.
i ran the .net framework verifcation tool and it gave a return value zero.
i uninstalled the downloader several times and re-installed it w/o succes.
even removed the gog.com folder in appdata/local.

any ideas?

Description:
Stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: gog.com downloader.exe
Problem Signature 02: 3.5.2.0
Problem Signature 03: 51765e2d
Problem Signature 04: mscorlib
Problem Signature 05: 2.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 4ef6c26e
Problem Signature 07: 2407
Problem Signature 08: 22
Problem Signature 09: System.IO.FileNotFoundException
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

edit:
-uninstalling and reinstalling .net framework 4 client profile did not solve it. reboot. reinstall downloader gives same issue.

edit 2:
-disabled and enabled ".net framework 3.5.1" in windows features. ran the verifcation tool and it gave all framework versions a success. ran windows updater and installed security updates for .net framework 3.5. reinstalled gog downloader. it works.
-many thanks.
Post edited May 09, 2013 by dacascos297
dacascos297: [..]
The GOG Downloader uses .NET Framework 3.5, so you should reinstall this version.
wildcardjoker: Another issue I've noticed is that the downloader will stop on the last chunk - a game has been downloading the last 8MB for over 24 hours. The speed indicator in the status bar indicates that it is downloading @ 673KB/s, so it should have finished by now :)

Closing the GOG downloader and launching it again solves this issue, but it's very frustrating if I have many downloads queued.

Screenshot attached.
Similar problem here. Tried out the Downloader for the first time and it kept downloading the last chunk of the installation.exe (in my case Sam & Max Beyond Time And Space) and never went on to the next item in the queue. But looking the file up in the dedicated download directory, i found it already existing in executable form.
I have a very strange error: the downloader thinks I've downloaded about 16 Exabytes of Data, however the actual downloaded amount is ~80mb.

Very strange, and I did not have this problem with any previous version before.
Attachments:
Post edited May 11, 2013 by arvindrajayadav
Granted, it's been since late December since I've downloaded, but the GOG downloader has lost functionality, and I'm not happy with it. It is important to note that I have a rather slow connection. So, I like to put all of the installers first when I purchase, and then all of the extras. This way, I can install a game and start playing while I wait for the extras to finish, and I don't have to pay attention to where it is at in the list. I did this all the time.

Today, things changed. I can drag and drop the games, but all of the files (extras & installer) are tied to the game title as a group. So now, instead of clicking to download everything (click all installers, and then click on extras), I have to just click the installers, wait for them to finish and then I can add the extras.

What was before a normally easy and semi-pain free experience, is now a somewhat frustrating baby sitting job. It is a huge step backwards. Please put functionality back in that allows me to order the list the way I like.

I know I am not alone in this. While I only checked back 10 pages, user zzqzzq_zzq wants similar functionality, and I'm sure there are others.

Thanks

Os is Win 7 Pro 64-bit
GoblinFX: Granted, it's been since late December since I've downloaded, but the GOG downloader has lost functionality, and I'm not happy with it. It is important to note that I have a rather slow connection. So, I like to put all of the installers first when I purchase, and then all of the extras. This way, I can install a game and start playing while I wait for the extras to finish, and I don't have to pay attention to where it is at in the list. I did this all the time.

Today, things changed. I can drag and drop the games, but all of the files (extras & installer) are tied to the game title as a group. So now, instead of clicking to download everything (click all installers, and then click on extras), I have to just click the installers, wait for them to finish and then I can add the extras.

What was before a normally easy and semi-pain free experience, is now a somewhat frustrating baby sitting job. It is a huge step backwards. Please put functionality back in that allows me to order the list the way I like.

I know I am not alone in this. While I only checked back 10 pages, user zzqzzq_zzq wants similar functionality, and I'm sure there are others.

Thanks

Os is Win 7 Pro 64-bit
It's garbage. Always has been.

I just got through trying to download Inquisitor -- as per usual, the idiotic GOG downloader stopped 10 percent before the end and now it's just stuck there. As it always does. In this case, 'babysitting' it still does no good as it simply doesn't function correctly.

And btw, this is on a brand new laptop I just bought yesterday - exact same issues as before on my old laptop. I download from all over the place and GOG is the only place that is always severely screwed up when it comes to the downloader.

Back to using Down Them All and deleting GOG downloader once and for all.

And no, I'm not giving GOG my 'specifications' or files for this. This is now the fourth computer I've had problems with with GOG's downloader. If I use 'Down Them All', no problems at all. Wasted enough time on this piece of junk :(
ADorante: [...]
wildcardjoker: [...]
Could you guys send a report using Report option in Settings? I will take a look on it and find what's the problem.

GoblinFX: [...]
I will forward your idea to the content team, but I don't think they will accept it (due it would be step backward).

Bloodygoodgames: [..]
If the GOG Downloader stopped a few percent before the end, the game is downloaded correctly - there is a bug just in showing the progress of download. You have also an option to download by browser, but I will take a look on it.

arvindrajayadav: [...]
There was any server side issue, could you please clear everything and try to download the game again?
wildcardjoker: [...]
Szulak: Could you guys send a report using Report option in Settings? I will take a look on it and find what's the problem.

GoblinFX: [...]
Szulak: I will forward your idea to the content team, but I don't think they will accept it (due it would be step backward).

Bloodygoodgames: [..]
Szulak: If the GOG Downloader stopped a few percent before the end, the game is downloaded correctly - there is a bug just in showing the progress of download. You have also an option to download by browser, but I will take a look on it.

arvindrajayadav: [...]
Szulak: There was any server side issue, could you please clear everything and try to download the game again?
Szulak

Just thought I'd add a little clarification. I would be fine with all extras being one download group and the installers being another, and being able to order these groups to download in the order I choose. Either way, I really appreciate your feedback and passing word along.

Much thanks
I don't know where to ask this question, but is it possible to download a single item from the Extras, like just the soundtrack, for example. Thanks for answering.
Dear GoG guys,

If you change the install files or remove them from the server can you send some kind of notification to the downloader? I was downloading the Redkit files from the witcher 2 page on slow connection (the 5 part files version, before they moved to the extras section as a 6 gig zip) and the next morning 3 of the files didn't exist any more, after spending a day trying to work out why I couldn't download get the files to start downloading. its really painful to have to re-download gigs of data again and again...
cmdr_flashheart: I don't know where to ask this question, but is it possible to download a single item from the Extras, like just the soundtrack, for example. Thanks for answering.
Yes. Instead of clicking "Combined Bonus Pack", click "Soundtrack". It should add only that extra to the downloader.
Nice and simple, thanks! Should have realized that...

Thanks again for Metro by the way :) You're on my gift list, haha. Let me know if there's anything you have your eye on, I get free codes from friends now and then, and I don't mind sharing.