It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
When I restart downloader it clears download list. Is this intentional? Isn't it supposed to watch downloaded games for patches and updates as demonstrated on it's download page?
Having some issues with the downloader on OS X. When the client starts, the game is showing with 0.0 KB downloaded and I'm not logged in. The UI isn't responsive, but when I tail ~/Library/Logs.GOG.log, I get a ton of lines like:

jsonParser error: Input was 'nil'

http://pastebin.com/jcp7kk9t
JamesGecko: Having some issues with the downloader on OS X. When the client starts, the game is showing with 0.0 KB downloaded and I'm not logged in. The UI isn't responsive, but when I tail ~/Library/Logs.GOG.log, I get a ton of lines like:

Same problem here, MBA Mid 2013, OSX 10.10

Edit:
I solved this problem by
rm ~/Library/GOG.com/GOG_Downloader.storedata

After doing this it will ask your acc/pass again.
And you'll get an empty download tray :)
Post edited November 20, 2014 by kakamiTW
JamesGecko: Having some issues with the downloader on OS X. When the client starts, the game is showing with 0.0 KB downloaded and I'm not logged in. The UI isn't responsive, but when I tail ~/Library/Logs.GOG.log, I get a ton of lines like:

kakamiTW: Same problem here, MBA Mid 2013, OSX 10.10

Edit:
I solved this problem by
rm ~/Library/GOG.com/GOG_Downloader.storedata

After doing this it will ask your acc/pass again.
And you'll get an empty download tray :)
Yep, that fixed it. I was worried that it'd try to restart the entire download, but it picked up right where it left off.

Edit... until the speed dropped to 0.0 KB/s. Quitting from the menu and restarting the application triggered the same behavior. I've been using the "Limit download speed to" feature (16 KB/s).
Post edited November 20, 2014 by JamesGecko
I downloaded and installed Downloader today, 3.6.0.0 for Windows.

I have problem with logging in - "The email or password is incorrect".
I'm sure both are correct, I even logged out and in on my webbrowser to be sure.

Problem with pass may be that it contains special characters or something (I'll change it in a minute and try to log in again), but it shouldn't do that, I like my passwords to be safe. .-.

Also, when I try to click 'Log in' again, it doesn't do anything, it's unclickable...

Edit: I was right, buggy character is '<'.
Btw. why can't I close Downloader if I'm not logged in? I had to kill the process with task manager at least 8 times when trying to log in before reporting this...
Post edited November 20, 2014 by Hope-chan
Hope-chan: I downloaded and installed Downloader today, 3.6.0.0 for Windows.

I have problem with logging in - "The email or password is incorrect".
I'm sure both are correct, I even logged out and in on my webbrowser to be sure.

Problem with pass may be that it contains special characters or something (I'll change it in a minute and try to log in again), but it shouldn't do that, I like my passwords to be safe. .-.

Also, when I try to click 'Log in' again, it doesn't do anything, it's unclickable...

Edit: I was right, buggy character is '<'.
Btw. why can't I close Downloader if I'm not logged in? I had to kill the process with task manager at least 8 times when trying to log in before reporting this...
Thanx man, that did the trick for me on osx as well...
I allready thought i am mad...
You made my day!!!
I was wondering, can that downloader just for Firefox installate, can IE explore not?
JamesGecko: jsonParser error: Input was 'nil'
same problem here, OSX 10.10
http://pastebin.com/0jTFkVQM
The log shows exception + stack.

Also, error report sending times out (slow ADSL).
Post edited November 25, 2014 by ytoto
I thought i listed my games in my library but it doesn't?
I just created my account and bought 2 games. I installed the downloader (Windows 8.1) and it refuses to accept my password, even though it is accurate. I tried simplifying the password, but that has no impact.

Really annoying!
Hey, not sure if this is a known bug in the downloader or not, I've been using the downloader for close to a year now without any issues, but yesterday I added maybe 40 games to the downloader along with all the games extras (The sale crippled my wallet :p). I turned my computer off at one point and came back to the downloads later on and everything was fine. Now today (after computer restart), I still have about 14 downloads left but all the installer files have disappeared from the downloader, I'm letting it continue through the extras with the plan of adding the installers back in later on but I've discovered that in some of the completely downloaded folders the installer file is present and fully downloaded and in other completed folders there's no installer at all, so even though the downloader is showing no installers some folders seem to be getting them downloaded in the background somewhere I guess.

Anyone else had a problem like this before?

---edit---

Guess its an issue with GOG's servers, When I try to add the installer of a folder that dosnt have one, I get the firefox launch application popup then either nothing will happen and the game wont add to the downloader or it will add to the downloader but will say "Unable to fetch data. Try again later!" I guess GOG keep game extras and their installers across separate locations?

---Edit 2---
So everything is now completely downloaded but the downloader is continuing to download even though there isnt anything viable for it to download so I'm gonna presume that its the installers and that this must be some sort of visual glitch.
Post edited November 28, 2014 by Chriss316
I have the latest gog downloader version. I have tried restarting PC and reinstalling.

When I try to launch to download game or double click the GOG.com Downloader.exe;

Absolutely nothing happens. It was working just fine a few days ago.

What's up?
I'm having a similar problem. Yesterday (dec 18) the downloader was working just fine, but today (dec 19) it won't even start; the gray button (not green, as it should be) appears on the toolbar and all, but it disappears when i move the mouse cursor over it, so I can't click it. It also doesn't respond when I try to add new downloads.
Tried a couple of solutions but nothing has worked yet.
EDIT: installed it on a different folder (not program files) and it worked. :)
Post edited December 19, 2014 by user deleted
this is still and issue after several months. I cannot use the downloader to dl my games. Tried to switch browsers (IE,FF,Seamonkey) but still nothing is working. Is there any fix for this at all? Why did the downloader stop working correctly after all this time?
javier0889: I'm having a similar problem. Yesterday (dec 18) the downloader was working just fine, but today (dec 19) it won't even start; the gray button (not green, as it should be) appears on the toolbar and all, but it disappears when i move the mouse cursor over it, so I can't click it. It also doesn't respond when I try to add new downloads.
Tried a couple of solutions but nothing has worked yet.
EDIT: installed it on a different folder (not program files) and it worked. :)
I had the same issue, this worked for me as well!