It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

From the newsletter of IGS:

"Hopefully everyone is enjoying their holidays. We’re back to business as usual with our commercial indie game deals. Today we’re featuring the Mech Shooter game, Fields of War for Windows PC, Mac, and Linux. Pay at least $1 to get a Steam key if/when the game is greenlit. Beat the average for the game’s Original Soundtrack.

Fields of War is a massive multiplayer third-person mech shooter focused on large scale battles, territory control, skill and most importantly team play. The players are divided into two factions, North and South, coming from different climates and landscapes, and fight over control of the entire land. "

MMO :-|
Anyone else sick of MMO type games (in general)? Why indie devs why?.sigh..
nijuu: Anyone else sick of MMO type games (in general)? Why indie devs why?.sigh..
I must say that it does look like it took them both a lot of time and money, so I can only wish them well with it.
Yet when I see MMO I read "MUST interact with strangers" and just walk away. I want my gaming experiences to be pleasant, so with complete strangers is generally a no no.
nijuu: Anyone else sick of MMO type games (in general)? Why indie devs why?.sigh..
011284mm: I must say that it does look like it took them both a lot of time and money, so I can only wish them well with it.
Yet when I see MMO I read "MUST interact with strangers" and just walk away. I want my gaming experiences to be pleasant, so with complete strangers is generally a no no.
One of my favorite jokes about MMOs usually gets a gigle when I tell it, but that is probably cos I only tell it around people who know me and my behavior patterns etc. The funny may be lost in translation.

When ever MMO comes up in conversation, I put on my cranky pants and say "I don't need heaps of total strangers running around and (expletive)ing up my game!"
Then, under my breath, but just loud enough to be head I add "I'm perfectly capable of doing that myself".
I don't mind MMOs, but most indie MMOs don't last long.. I don't see the point.
spoderman: I don't mind MMOs, but most indie MMOs don't last long.. I don't see the point.
I was going to say it.. but i thought let someone else say it. Seems pointless when most indie ones just....die after a short time
New deal: Shin Samurai Jazz
Beat the average: to get something of which I am not sure I understood it correct (harder jumps?)

"Shin Samurai Jazz is a platform-adventure game. It combines the likes of film noir and samurai cinema, presenting them with 8-bit graphics, an electro-jazz soundtrack, and a comic/manga-like style creating a unique atmosphere.

Unlike it's predecessor, samurai_jazz, Shin Samurai Jazz features jumping mechanics inspired by chuunori, an old technique used in kabuki theatre to give the illusion of flying. It's combat mechanics are more combo-based with the ability to juggle enemies and perform mid-air combinations also inspired by chuunori. While the adventure elements remain intact, the puzzles are more complex with varied level designs and enemy placements/attack patterns that make use of the game's mechanics. And while the game retains that 8-bit vibe, regenerating health and infinite lives/continues are fairly implement to relieve players of some of that Golden-Era frustration.

Features:

- Adventure through an 8-bit city and free it from it's pixelated nightmare

- Chuunori inspired platforming with double-jumping, wall-jumping, and aerial dashing abilities

- Perform attack combinations on land or in mid-air and juggle enemies to overcome their strategic placement and attack patterns

- Solve puzzles that'll test your platforming skills and tease the brain a bit

- Supports Xbox 360 controllers

- Play a retro game without some of those retro frustrations. We're all in the mood for a retro game every now and then... "
The-Business: New deal: Shin Samurai Jazz
Beat the average: to get something of which I am not sure I understood it correct (harder jumps?)
I'm also trying to understand this part, but I think it's a different game called "Jump/Boxer". But from that description, I can only see: "...blah, blah, blah... others games are failure... blah, blah, blah... our is better." o_O

Anyway, I pass (:P)
Yeah.. doesn't look that good...

Well, there's a demo in the Greenlight page, if someone's interested:
http://www.indiedb.com/games/shin-samurai-jazz/downloads/shin-samurai-jazz-demo-version
New IGS is Dungeon of Elements (Desura, DRM free, greenlight)

"Dungeon of Elements is an RPG dungeon crawler with combat inspired by some of our favorite classic puzzle games like Dr. Mario or Tetris. In Dungeon of Elements (DoE), core meets casual as we combine many different styles of gameplay in a fun, immersive experience.

The fledgling Alchemy Guild of Primordiax needs you to help restore its former glory. To that end, you will:

* Explore 3 continents and 45 different dungeons.
* Defeat 56 different enemy types and 12 bosses.
* Enjoy a combat system inspired by classic puzzle games like Dr. Mario and Tetris.
* Discover hundreds of crafting recipes through experimentation.
* Craft legendary weapons and armor.
* Customize your character with a tremendous variety of equipment options.
* Find and befriend pets.
* Unlock Achievements.
* Collect scrolls to fill your Bestiary and study your foes.
* Progress through the story and choose your own path.
* Compete with your friends and other players to clear dungeons or the entire game fastest."

BTA is the OST and Artbook
Post edited January 11, 2014 by Niggles
Niggles: New IGS is Dungeon of Elements (Desura, DRM free, greenlight)

"Dungeon of Elements is an RPG dungeon crawler with combat inspired by some of our favorite classic puzzle games like Dr. Mario or Tetris. In Dungeon of Elements (DoE), core meets casual as we combine many different styles of gameplay in a fun, immersive experience.

The fledgling Alchemy Guild of Primordiax needs you to help restore its former glory. To that end, you will:

* Explore 3 continents and 45 different dungeons.
* Defeat 56 different enemy types and 12 bosses.
* Enjoy a combat system inspired by classic puzzle games like Dr. Mario and Tetris.
* Discover hundreds of crafting recipes through experimentation.
* Craft legendary weapons and armor.
* Customize your character with a tremendous variety of equipment options.
* Find and befriend pets.
* Unlock Achievements.
* Collect scrolls to fill your Bestiary and study your foes.
* Progress through the story and choose your own path.
* Compete with your friends and other players to clear dungeons or the entire game fastest."

BTA is the OST and Artbook
I'd been curious about this game, but the retail price was a bit much for me to bite, as I can't tell if it's my kind of game or not. Can't say no to this deal, though. :)
Don't know if anyone else noticed, but Papo and Yo is DRM-free on IGS now. Kudos to both the devs and IGS for making it available so quickly after the Humble Bundle release.
SirPrimalform: Don't know if anyone else noticed, but Papo and Yo is DRM-free on IGS now. Kudos to both the devs and IGS for making it available so quickly after the Humble Bundle release.
Edit :::removed stupid comment. Replacing with --> I wonder if IGS will sell Papo & Yo with the HB DRM-free version then?

It is really nice of them to offer it as a retroactive bonus, it is just a shame it was not already DRM-free. I would have bough it there in a heartbeat given all of the positivity given to this game.
Picked it up in HiBX instead, so no loss to me.
Post edited January 12, 2014 by 011284mm
Niggles: New IGS is Dungeon of Elements (Desura, DRM free, greenlight)
Nice, that's the only game from the Nutcracker Indie Royale that I was interested in (already ad the others I wanted from that bundle). Nice opportunity to pick it up now for a good price. :)
New game is INESCAPABLE (drm-free + desura)
https://indiegamestand.com/deal/

It's a pure 16-bit era game, it plays and looks a bit like Blackthorne.
I bought it when it came out but never had the the time to fully play it. I think I've read that the ending is a little bit rushed or open-ended but hey for this price, it doesn't really matter.
Post edited January 15, 2014 by catpower1980