It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

catpower1980: New game is INESCAPABLE (drm-free + desura)
https://indiegamestand.com/deal/

It's a pure 16-bit era game, it plays and looks a bit like Blackthorne.
I bought it when it came out but never had the the time to fully play it. I think I've read that the ending is a little bit rushed or open-ended but hey for this price, it doesn't really matter.
It's a very good game for the price, and a fun afternoon's play. It definitely harkens back to early Amiga or Sega platformer/adventure games in style and mechanics. The story is well integrated, the atmosphere is good, and the way you gradually acquire new abilities is perfectly paced. I quite enjoyed it and can highly recommend it.

The ending is, well, a bit abrupt and "meta", but it could be what the designers intended all along. You'll have to judge for yourself. But don't let it put you off from playing, whatever the case, as the game itself is what matters.

EDIT: And it is also incredible what they packed into the tiny filesize of the game. It shows you what can be done when you parse things down to the bone. This game would have easily shipped on two floppy discs back in the day.
Post edited January 15, 2014 by IAmSinistar
IAmSinistar: EDIT: And it is also incredible what they packed into the tiny filesize of the game. It shows you what can be done when you parse things down to the bone. This game would have easily shipped on two floppy discs back in the day.
Lol, yeah I remember I had a doubt when I doubt when I downloaded the tiny installer (only 2Mo I think), I tought it was a corrupted file because of the size :o)
Post edited January 15, 2014 by catpower1980
I just want to know is INESCAPABLE any good.
I have watched the videos and it looks okay, but back when it was in another bundle (Groupees I think) people were moaning about the game. I know for a dollar it is not like I am buying into a morgage with the game, but I would like to hear from people playing if it is worth the money.

I have played both Capsised and Waking Mars and enjoyed both of those if that has any relevance.
011284mm: I just want to know is INESCAPABLE any good.
I have watched the videos and it looks okay, but back when it was in another bundle (Groupees I think) people were moaning about the game. I know for a dollar it is not like I am buying into a morgage with the game, but I would like to hear from people playing if it is worth the money.

I have played both Capsised and Waking Mars and enjoyed both of those if that has any relevance.
A lot of people have described it as a Metroidvania - and that's what it generally is, with all of the usual conventions and tropes of the genre. I picked this up not too long ago for cheap on GamersGate, and I've barely played it, as it came across to me as one of those "hey look at me, I'm retro-styled" titles, that's grossly unfair just for the sake of being grossly unfair.
Post edited January 15, 2014 by rampancy
SirPrimalform: Don't know if anyone else noticed, but Papo and Yo is DRM-free on IGS now. Kudos to both the devs and IGS for making it available so quickly after the Humble Bundle release.
Belated thanks for the tip, though it would have been nice of them to ping buyers with an email about it :/
SirPrimalform: Don't know if anyone else noticed, but Papo and Yo is DRM-free on IGS now. Kudos to both the devs and IGS for making it available so quickly after the Humble Bundle release.
Spinorial: Belated thanks for the tip, though it would have been nice of them to ping buyers with an email about it :/
Yeah, strange that they didn't, they usually do when keys are added or a game is updated (but now I think about it, it's usually the dev sending messages through IGS so maybe Minority Media just didn't bother).
rampancy: A lot of people have described it as a Metroidvania - and that's what it generally is, with all of the usual conventions and tropes of the genre. I picked this up not too long ago for cheap on GamersGate, and I've barely played it, as it came across to me as one of those "hey look at me, I'm retro-styled" titles, that's grossly unfair just for the sake of being grossly unfair.
I might just wait for it to be in a groupees bundle then. +1 for the opinion.
New game is THREE DEAD ZED (drm-free/desura - pc/mac/linux)

Totally unknown for me but it looks well made, it feels like Trine with some oldschool platform design instead of the newschool "physics design". Could be a good surprise...
011284mm: I might just wait for it to be in a groupees bundle then. +1 for the opinion.
It was already on Groupees before IGS but I guess it might make a return.
catpower1980: New game is THREE DEAD ZED (drm-free/desura - pc/mac/linux)

Totally unknown for me but it looks well made, it feels like Trine with some oldschool platform design instead of the newschool "physics design". Could be a good surprise...
I never got into 3 dead zed. It is OK, I suppose, but if you go into it expecting Trine, you will be disappointed. It felt more like a well made online flash game.
New game is DERRICK THE DEATHFIN (drm-free - PC/MAC)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c605w8YcmmY
catpower1980: New game is DERRICK THE DEATHFIN (drm-free - PC/MAC)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c605w8YcmmY
Bought it for the art style alone. I dunno if the gameplay or mechnacis is good, also seems there´s no story after all, but damn, I paid the BTA just to get the papercraft!
catpower1980: New game is DERRICK THE DEATHFIN (drm-free - PC/MAC)
Seen that come around once or twice before in other sales, might be time to finally buy it. Does anyone know if it works well with an Xbox controller? (Yes, I know there are buttonmappers out there, I mean natively.)
New deal is Spud's Quest. Beat the average to get the soundtrack (MP3) and an artbook.

Great game, but as a backer I'm a little sad to see it for next to free so soon. Hope Chris Davis gets at least some money from this sale. He's a nice guy and deserves it.
Post edited January 27, 2014 by PaterAlf
Argh, I already bought it on IGS when it came out but it's great for people who want to try it out.

*****************************************************************************************
***SPUD'S QUEST IS A MUST BUY, DON'T PASS ON THIS OPPORTUNITY!!!***
*****************************************************************************************

Lol if the next is Super Panda Adventures, that would be a double treat for good retro-platformer/adventure lovers.