It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

monkeydelarge: Another troll post, I'm guessing.
Factual, this time around. It's up to you to interpret the facts ;-)
Ehem...
This video is private.
If the owner of this video has granted you access, please sign in.
Really curious about it now... Hmmm.... Going to bed so this is just as good for now...
low rated
monkeydelarge: Another troll post, I'm guessing.
Fenixp: Factual, this time around. It's up to you to interpret the facts ;-)
What is like every morning to wake up, go to the bathroom and see a piece of shit troll in the mirror? It must suck. And no, just because you only troll me doesn't mean, you aren't a troll. It doesn't work like that.
Post edited October 21, 2014 by monkeydelarge
low rated
rtcvb32: Ehem...

This video is private.
If the owner of this video has granted you access, please sign in.
rtcvb32: Really curious about it now... Hmmm.... Going to bed so this is just as good for now...
http://www.hatredgame.com/
Nalkoden: What is REALLY scary are the REAL people that are so unstable that they think everyone (themselves obviously taken as a reference point) will become a crazy killers because of a game. They are so scared that this game will tip them over the edge that they want to ban it. But if it becomes successful and people don't start going en masse on a killing rampage that would mean that they are the only ones that have a sanity problem and the rest of the planet can enjoy it for what it is, a escapist game.
What is also really scary is that for some people, issues like this seem to be so black-and-white. For some, there's apparently no middle ground between "Bring it on!" and "Oh noez, everybody playing this game will go on a rampage!"

Point of the matter being this: apart from responsible adults, a lot very young players revelling in ultra-violent games are in fact immature, uninformed, and insecure. They also often come from dysfunctional families with no one to talk to about this. Just sayin'...

And on the other hand, apart from censorship junkies running around yelling "Sky is falling, ban it!", there are critics just pointing out that it is perfectly okay to voice a concern that an online store such as GOG should consider not to put a highly controversial game on their shelf because of its simple-minded, violence-driven, and rehashed design and content.

In fact, were it not for this in-your-face negative publicity, the game could be silently rejected along with tens, possibly hundreds of other games that never make it to the GOG catalogue. But they are not in the limelight so nobody is screaming bloody censorship about them, or are they?

I, for one, can live with GOG offering this title. I just don't support the idea. So you see, nuances everywhere...

Speaking of nuances, look at this quote from the official email response as posted above:

"Q: Where's the line?
A: No killing children or animals."

Now isn't it lovely? The devs themselves drew a line while some of the posters here don't seem to acknowledge there is or should be a line. What I would expect now are the fans of Hatred to start asking the devs some hard-hitting questions, such as what is the difference between shooting a pixel hospital nurse and a pixel goose or dog... Geez.
Post edited October 21, 2014 by charmer
Dunno why anyone except infantile wannabe psychopaths would want to play this game. Violence with humor can be fun. Violence without humor is stupid and boring.
Artoemius: Dunno why anyone except infantile wannabe psychopaths would want to play this game. Violence with humor can be fun. Violence without humor is stupid and boring.
+1
monkeydelarge: You just pick and choose which words from me enter your brain and ignore the rest or your brain is doing that automatically. And you are doing the same thing with the dictionary.
I do apologise for ignoring a large quote and a repetitive passage. I do think I managed to address your other points though? If you feel I left out something, please let me know and I will try to address it.

monkeydelarge: I explained to you why not selling a game (or pressuring a store into not selling a game) is being hostile to people but you just ignored my explanation.
hmm.... no.... you did not. You quoted the dictionary, but did not tell how it apply to the stores. Quoting a word from the dictionary is not the same as telling how it applies. I am still waiting for this.

monkeydelarge: You are impossible. You just have to be right no matter what.
Prove me wrong, and I will concede the point.

monkeydelarge: Debating with you is like debating with a religious fanatic. You don't explain why you are saying what you are saying.
I am sorry, what did I say that you did not understand? let me know and I will try to clarify it.

monkeydelarge: You are just basically saying no to everything I'm saying
I am more saying that you need to explain what you are saying, really :)

monkeydelarge: and saying people who make a controversial game are evil basically.
Ahh, if that is the impression you have got, then I must apologise again. I would like you you to point out where this misunderstanding comes from so I can amend it. I do not understand where I have said that they are evil. Please point this out to me so it can be fixed.

monkeydelarge: You don't tell us why they are evil, you just tell us that they are evil...and therefore should suffer.
see above. As far as I know, the only thing that fits here is that I said they need to take responsibility of their own actions. I think? is that it?

monkeydelarge: "A store can be warm and friendly, and still reject a game. It can even by sympathetic, and still reject a game. It can even be generous (offering help and feedback) and still reject a game."
This is just hilarious. So if I prevent you from enjoying something or prevent you from making money from your hard work for no good reason, I can still be warm and friendly to you?
but you can buy it from the devs if you want to, I am not trying to prevent you playing the game at all.. Go buy the game there and enjoy it.

monkeydelarge: How is that possible? By smiling at you? By singing and dancing for you? By telling you, "Hey man, I feel sorry for you." Maybe by baking you some cookies?
Compare:

"Dear Developer
I regret to inform you that your game unfortunately do not fit in with our store profile. I must admit I did enjoy playing it, and if you do want to bring it to our store you would need to do XXXX and YYYY. We do wish you a lot of luck in your endeavors, and we are looking forward to see how your next game turns out. Again, we are sorry that the game is not a fit for us.
Kindest regards
Your DD Store"

"Your game is shit, you should never be allowed to make another game. We will of course never sell a piece of crap like this, and I will burn an effigy of you later tonight. You will never be able to sell a single copy of this rubbish in any store, and we all hope you die a violent death.
Up yours
Your DD Store"

One of these rejections are hostile, the other is not. Try to see if you can spot which is which.

monkeydelarge: So if a Christian conservative starts saying negative things about homosexuals that are not true, he or she can still be warm and friendly to homosexuals at the same time? LOL If a burglar breaks into your house and decides not to steal your TV out of the kindness in his heart but steals everything else valuable, he is being warm and friendly to you?
and hey, we are back to the analogies :)

monkeydelarge: Let's just end this debate now and save precious time. The road ends here. Why does it end here? Because people who make controversial games are evil because amok says so. :P In the holy book of amok, it says those who are guilty of creating art that sparks a prolonged public dispute must suffer because they are agents of the devil. :P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwTADnsFrPA
again, I would really like you to point out where I have said this. We really do need to clear up this misconception.
Artoemius: Dunno why anyone except infantile wannabe psychopaths would want to play this game. Violence with humor can be fun. Violence without humor is stupid and boring.
Serious question though, how can you call anyone infantile when it sounds like you just can't handle the cold hard reality of violence, so you try to justify it with "if it makes me laugh, its ok!"?
They've released this on their site.

Hello to all of you!

Those were a long, long few days since our trailer relase. We feel obligued to write down this post to report how things are going and to set some light on a few things. First of all we have to quote: "well, that escalated quickly!". We knew that our reveal will cause some shitstorm, but never expected it to be so huge. We wish to thank all of our haters and all upset press for a great marketing campaign they've done for us. A week ago, we were a little company from the middle of nowhere, just some guys making some game. Today everyone heard about "Hatred" and us. All thanks goes to those who were trying to harm us (with no desired effect, what a pity). On the other hand - we didn't expect that much of support and we weren't aware of how many people are out there, who think like us and who will entitle themselves as our dedicated fans. We want all of them to know: we won't stop, we won't change what this game is going to be and we'll deliver the best game we can to all of you!

Many can call us "attention whores" - well, we try to get world's attention to our product and as you can see - it worked perfectly. But there are some true attention whores out there, who are trying to imply that we are neo-nazis and some other stupid stuff. Do not believe everything you read on the web, especially written by no-name pathetic bloggers or some unhappy guys commenting around the web. From all of the shitstorm upon us, that was the only thing which really made us pissed-off, because it's simply too much. I've been told that it would be best for each member from my team who were accused of such things to write down his statement and publish it. So here we go:

"My grand-grand father was killed by Gestapo. Some members of my family were fighting against nazi occupation in the polish underground army called "Armia Krajowa". My forefathers suffered greatly because of totallitarian regimes, so who the fuck would I be if I'd truly support any of nazi activists? People give "likes" on Facebook all the time, even if they don't know what is exactly behind this or that fanpage. I did the same. Suddenly it makes me neo-nazi, great, have fun you stupid ass haters. Learn some history first, because when I read about "polish death camps" it makes me disgusted. You don't know shit about our history and you fall easily to false propaganda. The hateful title I'm working on (where virtual character hates virtual characters), doesn't have any connection to what I truly believe and think, there is a real-life outside, you know? Maybe you should try it? I will never ever again respond to any of those accusations, this is my ultimate statement."
J. Z.

"Nazi Germany is responsible for killing 6 milion people in Poland. Half of them were Jews, half of them Polish. My family suffered many losses during the World War II. Anybody accusing me for being a follower of said ideology should really think twice before doing so and consider reading some books on the topic. This is basic history knowledge really and also happens to be a very personal matter for me. I am not a neo-Nazi nor a fascist and it is utterly disgusting to be called this way. And I have to say it’s really surprising for me how somebody from the United States especially can have troubles understanding such simple and universal values as patriotism, honoring one own national symbols and caring for the future of his own country. Values like pluralism , democratic opposition and the right to manifest one own views shouldn’t be called ‘the lack of tolerance’. Finally regarding my attitude towards gays let me just say that I have a few gay friends that I deeply respect as people and have no problem with their sexual orientation."
M. K.

"In response to repeated allegations against me, I’d like to state that I’m opposed to all totalitarian ideologies. The t-shirt that I’m wearing on our team picture refers to National Polish Army troops, that in 1945 refused to lay down arms and continue fighting against the new invader, to regain independent Poland. They did so because they’ve rightly anticipated Soviet security service repressions against Polish already demilitarized army. I would also like to emphasize that until the year 1945 those troops were actively fighting against the Third Reich occupation. Those soldiers are Polish national heroes and as such deserve commemoration. Just as much as American troops that lose their lives fighting against terrorism. As to organizations that profiles I follow, they refer to the patriotic and libertarian tradition, and not to the totalitarian ideology."
J. S.

There is one more thing - accusing Hatred to be some kind of racist game. What the hell is wrong with you, people? The Antagonist is killing everyone equally, race doesn't matter (it's randomly generated for all NPC's), sex doesn't matter (it's random too), so you can call it the most tolerant game, promoting equality. Here everybody dies.

BTW: We've established our official forums, you can see the link above, on the menu bar.

Jarosław Zieliński
JKHSawyer: Serious question though, how can you call anyone infantile when it sounds like you just can't handle the cold hard reality of violence, so you try to justify it with "if it makes me laugh, its ok!"?
The great director, and Korean war veteran, Sam Fuller once said that the only way to really convey the reality of war on film would be to have someone on stage firing a machine gun at the audience. The 'cold hard reality of violence' is being stabbed or kicked in the head. Beware of shadows that excite unfortunate appetites.
charmer: Speaking of nuances, look at this quote from the official email response as posted above:

"Q: Where's the line?
A: No killing children or animals."

Now isn't it lovely? The devs themselves drew a line while some of the posters here don't seem to acknowledge there is or should be a line. What I would expect now are the fans of Hatred to start asking the devs some hard-hitting questions, such as what is the difference between shooting a pixel hospital nurse and a pixel goose or dog... Geez.
It's their game, they do what they want. It's up to me to like it or leave it.
low rated
monkeydelarge: You just pick and choose which words from me enter your brain and ignore the rest or your brain is doing that automatically. And you are doing the same thing with the dictionary.
amok: I do apologise for ignoring a large quote and a repetitive passage. I do think I managed to address your other points though? If you feel I left out something, please let me know and I will try to address it.

monkeydelarge: I explained to you why not selling a game (or pressuring a store into not selling a game) is being hostile to people but you just ignored my explanation.
amok: hmm.... no.... you did not. You quoted the dictionary, but did not tell how it apply to the stores. Quoting a word from the dictionary is not the same as telling how it applies. I am still waiting for this.

monkeydelarge: You are impossible. You just have to be right no matter what.
amok: Prove me wrong, and I will concede the point.

monkeydelarge: Debating with you is like debating with a religious fanatic. You don't explain why you are saying what you are saying.
amok: I am sorry, what did I say that you did not understand? let me know and I will try to clarify it.

monkeydelarge: You are just basically saying no to everything I'm saying
amok: I am more saying that you need to explain what you are saying, really :)

monkeydelarge: and saying people who make a controversial game are evil basically.
amok: Ahh, if that is the impression you have got, then I must apologise again. I would like you you to point out where this misunderstanding comes from so I can amend it. I do not understand where I have said that they are evil. Please point this out to me so it can be fixed.

monkeydelarge: You don't tell us why they are evil, you just tell us that they are evil...and therefore should suffer.
amok: see above. As far as I know, the only thing that fits here is that I said they need to take responsibility of their own actions. I think? is that it?

monkeydelarge: "A store can be warm and friendly, and still reject a game. It can even by sympathetic, and still reject a game. It can even be generous (offering help and feedback) and still reject a game."
This is just hilarious. So if I prevent you from enjoying something or prevent you from making money from your hard work for no good reason, I can still be warm and friendly to you?
amok: but you can buy it from the devs if you want to, I am not trying to prevent you playing the game at all.. Go buy the game there and enjoy it.

monkeydelarge: How is that possible? By smiling at you? By singing and dancing for you? By telling you, "Hey man, I feel sorry for you." Maybe by baking you some cookies?
amok: Compare:

"Dear Developer
I regret to inform you that your game unfortunately do not fit in with our store profile. I must admit I did enjoy playing it, and if you do want to bring it to our store you would need to do XXXX and YYYY. We do wish you a lot of luck in your endeavors, and we are looking forward to see how your next game turns out. Again, we are sorry that the game is not a fit for us.
Kindest regards
Your DD Store"

"Your game is shit, you should never be allowed to make another game. We will of course never sell a piece of crap like this, and I will burn an effigy of you later tonight. You will never be able to sell a single copy of this rubbish in any store, and we all hope you die a violent death.
Up yours
Your DD Store"

One of these rejections are hostile, the other is not. Try to see if you can spot which is which.

monkeydelarge: So if a Christian conservative starts saying negative things about homosexuals that are not true, he or she can still be warm and friendly to homosexuals at the same time? LOL If a burglar breaks into your house and decides not to steal your TV out of the kindness in his heart but steals everything else valuable, he is being warm and friendly to you?
amok: and hey, we are back to the analogies :)

monkeydelarge: Let's just end this debate now and save precious time. The road ends here. Why does it end here? Because people who make controversial games are evil because amok says so. :P In the holy book of amok, it says those who are guilty of creating art that sparks a prolonged public dispute must suffer because they are agents of the devil. :P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwTADnsFrPA
amok: again, I would really like you to point out where I have said this. We really do need to clear up this misconception.
Okay one more time. Why not. I'm sure debating with someone like you is good exercise for my brain.

"I do apologise for ignoring a large quote and a repetitive passage"
You ignored a lot more than that. I already proved you wrong but you ignored that part too. I will copy and paste that part here, hoping maybe you wont ignore it again.

"Hostile? How? If GOG doesn't sell the game then a lot of people A) wont be able to play the game because they have zero tolerance for DRM or B) be forced to buy the Steam version which is inferior in every way compared to a GOG. Both A) and B) = denying innocent people some happiness and money(for the developers and the publisher). Both A) and B) = being hostile to innocent people. "

So...

If someone prevents you from making money from your hard work then that is an hostile act. Because then you will be making less money. And no money, no honey. The less money you make, the lower quality your life will be... and a low quality life makes people unhappy. :(

If someone prevents you from getting a GOG version of a game you want then that is a hostile act. Because nothing beats a GOG version. People want the most for their money. If people have to settle for less, it makes them unhappy... :( And GOG allows refunds so if someone is unable to buy a GOG version then there is a chance they will lose money for nothing(if Hatred doesn't work on their machine). And losing money for nothing makes people unhappy. :(

This most recent post of yours does finally try to explain one of your points but failed.

You wrote two short letters. Both letters are informing people behind a game about a hostile action taken towards them. This just proves you can be hostile towards a group of people and be two faced polite to them at the same time. But the politeness does not cancel out the hostility so the store is still hostile to the people behind the game. Not one of those letters are friendly. A friendly letter from a store does not inform people of a hostile action taken towards them. Just like a declaration of war is not a friendly letter but could be a polite letter if the person who wrote it, wanted it to be civil. So just to make things clear, polite words do not turn a hostile action into a friendly action. If you are still not convinced, read this letter.

"Dear Mr. ______,
I regret to inform you that an African American employee unfortunately does not fit in with our store profile. I must admit I have nothing against you and if you do wish to work at our store in the future you would need to change your skin color and apply again. We do wish you a lot of luck in your endeavors, and we are looking forward to see working here one day after meeting our requirements. Again, we are sorry that an African American employee unfortunately does not fit in with our store profile.
Kindest regards,
Your racist store"

" see above. As far as I know, the only thing that fits here is that I said they need to take responsibility of their own actions. I think? is that it?"
No you said a lot more than that. You said this in a previous post. "This is not a group of innocent people, they are making a controversial game, they know they are making a controversial game, and therefore need to face the consequences for it."
If you say these people are not innocent then you are saying they are evil or are guilty of doing something evil. Explain why making a controversial game is an evil act? And your words "therefore need to face the consequences for it" means you think these people should be punished too. Changing the words around to fool me is not going to work. If you can not explain why you think these people are evil or guilty of committing an evil act. Then that means, you have no good reason to want them punished. So if you have no good reason, then it means, you have a bad reason you don't want to share or you just want to win this debate, just to win.

If you can explain to me, why creating a controversial game like Hatred is bad for the world, then that means if a store refuses to sell such a game, they have a good reason to not sell such a game. And that means, you have the moral high ground for pressuring GOG into not selling Hatred and every store that refuses to sell Hatred has the moral high ground too. If your next post does not contain such an explanation(an explanation that should of been put forth in an earlier post), then I will ignore all your posts in this thread after your next one. Because if your next post does not contain any explanations but more useless words, then this debate has reached a dead end.
Post edited October 21, 2014 by monkeydelarge
JKHSawyer: There is one more thing - accusing Hatred to be some kind of racist game. What the hell is wrong with you, people? The Antagonist is killing everyone equally, race doesn't matter (it's randomly generated for all NPC's), sex doesn't matter (it's random too), so you can call it the most tolerant game, promoting equality. Here everybody dies.

Jarosław Zieliński
http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/it-doesnt-matter-what-race-you-are.jpg
Are developers of Hatred racist extremists or are they not? A site called gamepolitics.com has actually asked them about it. Read the developers response HERE!