It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Klumpen0815: Give me a DRM-free Linux port at a decent price, an easy to use modding tool so that I can build and "play" my old school and its surrounding and I'm all over this, until then I'm not interested and don't understand the hype and attention this game gets.
I mean: It's 2015, western society has been through so much provocative art that I'm amazed people are shocked by anything anymore. You can't torture or abuse animals or little children in this game so it's really not worth the anti-hype. It's not some "pedo- and necrophilia-simulator 2015" so calm down again.

PS: Any chance for non-regionally-priced, DRM-free, Linux and modding tools?
Wait a sec...you can't kill children in the game?
Seriously?
CarrionCrow: Wait a sec...you can't kill children in the game?
Seriously?
http://www.gamewatcher.com/interviews/hatred-interview/11599

GameWatcher: There must be areas that even Hatred shies away from – murder of children, extended torture and so on. If you’re saying that virtual violence is meaningless, shouldn’t there be no limit as to what you can depict?

Jarosław Zieliński: The fact is, we’re not some sick kind of guys here at Destructive Creations and even we have some borders, we wouldn’t cross. So even for us killing children in this game would be uncomfortable.
Post edited May 28, 2015 by Klumpen0815
So THAT's why gog won't sell that game !!
Seriously?
Klumpen0815: http://www.gamewatcher.com/interviews/hatred-interview/11599

GameWatcher: There must be areas that even Hatred shies away from – murder of children, extended torture and so on. If you’re saying that virtual violence is meaningless, shouldn’t there be no limit as to what you can depict?

Jarosław Zieliński: The fact is, we’re not some sick kind of guys here at Destructive Creations and even we have some borders, we wouldn’t cross. So even for us killing children in this game would be uncomfortable.
Klumpen0815:
Thank you for the info. I am now laughing my ass off. =)

Also, had a great idea for a version of Hatred. Side missions, if you will. The main character kidnaps children after killing their families and effectively trains them to be expendable child soldier-like human shields, brainwashing them, teaching them how to shoot, telling them that the targets need to be killed for whatever reason, then bringing them along as backup.

If the main character gets in a situation where they're pinned down and low on health, they can bullshit the kid into going full kamikaze and soaking up all those pesky SWAT team bullets so the character can flank the targets while their little protege gets their skull ventilated.

The main character lives, you avoid the game over, but you lose any progression you put into training the kid, since perma-death would be in play. If you send little Timmy or Suzie to distract the snipers with their sub-machine gun, don't expect them to come back in anything less than pieces, that kind of thing.

I need to get into making games....;)
Post edited May 28, 2015 by CarrionCrow
You can kill (or could kill) children in Fallout, am I wrong?
tinyE: You can kill (or could kill) children in Fallout, am I wrong?
The European version (like the UK version on GoG) of Fallout 1+2 makes all children invisible so you can kill them but don't even notice, Fallout 3 disables your trigger finger when pointing at children.
The American versions of Fallout 1+2 are the only games I know where you can actually kill children and have to mind in which neighborhood you use your trusty machine gun or rocket launcher if you want to avoid such things.
Post edited May 28, 2015 by Klumpen0815
Yeah you could, that is why the children were removed in some versions. In fact you could even acquire a child killer reputation : http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Childkiller
Klumpen0815: The European version (like the UK version on GoG) of Fallout 1+2 makes all children invisible so you can kill them but don't even notice, Fallout 3 disables your trigger finger when pointing at children.
The American versions of Fallout 1+2 are the only games I know where you can actually kill children and have to mind in which neighborhood you use use your trusty machine gun or rocket launcher if you want to avoid such things.
BTW just to get it out there, I really don't care either way, I'm just curious. :P Somehow I got caught up in this thread and as a game I could take it or leave it, and I don't hold anything against people who love it or loathe it.
Klumpen0815: Jarosław Zieliński: The fact is, we’re not some sick kind of guys here at Destructive Creations and even we have some borders, we wouldn’t cross. So even for us killing children in this game would be uncomfortable.
Stabbing a woman in the face? No problem!
Killing a child? Urr... makes me unconfortable...

(facepalms)
tinyE: Wake me when you get to the part about the Commies putting fluoride into the water.
We now have a weapon to fight the Commies.
http://journalmetro.com/local/pointe-aux-trembles-montreal-est/actualites/783211/une-adolescente-invente-un-procede-pour-enlever-le-fluorure-de-leau-potable/
tinyE: Wake me when you get to the part about the Commies putting fluoride into the water.
Primo_Victoria: We now have a weapon to fight the Commies.
http://journalmetro.com/local/pointe-aux-trembles-montreal-est/actualites/783211/une-adolescente-invente-un-procede-pour-enlever-le-fluorure-de-leau-potable/
XD I live on the Canadian border but I don't speak French. Do you have an English version of that? :P
Klumpen0815: The European version (like the UK version on GoG) of Fallout 1+2 makes all children invisible so you can kill them but don't even notice, Fallout 3 disables your trigger finger when pointing at children.
The American versions of Fallout 1+2 are the only games I know where you can actually kill children and have to mind in which neighborhood you use use your trusty machine gun or rocket launcher if you want to avoid such things.
Oddly, this only applied to the GOG release of Fallout 1. The children did appear in their version of Fallout 2.

Also, it's possible to kill a child in Shogo - Mobile Armor Division.
Watched a Polish live stream by the developers earlier today for a couple of minutes. The game actually looked really fun and when you see the executions in context the game doesn't appear as macabre as when the first trailer was shown.
You know a lot of South African dictators have child soldiers as bodyguards.

So if you are a soldier sent to rescue someone trapped in Africa, you will inevitably come across child soldiers. You may hesitate to pull the trigger, but they won't.

i don't see why their is such a moral outrage over the thought of killing pixels in the form of children in a video game that is a product of fiction.
Post edited May 28, 2015 by sasuke12
F4LL0UT: Watched a Polish live stream by the developers earlier today for a couple of minutes. The game actually looked really fun and when you see the executions in context the game doesn't appear as macabre as when the first trailer was shown.
Yes, they mostly just look bloody annoying. Camera switches, animation plays out, camera switches back. That'll get quite old quite fast.