It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

yogsloth: @all - opinions on SPF's general tone/play this game, for those of you that have had weeks to interact in the flow?
For starters, he doesn't like SPF. It's SP or nothing...
yogsloth: @all - opinions on SPF's general tone/play this game, for those of you that have had weeks to interact in the flow?
ZFR: For starters, he doesn't like SPF. It's SP or nothing...
Wolfy response, my lord.
ZFR: Cool! The forum software automatically detects when you're in the brig and unbolds your votes. You should totally get in the brig and try it sometime.
^this is excellent good work there.

I think he's playing true to his character - I'm not picking up anything from his playstyle that makes me think he's cylon, but I've not been putting a lot of effort into analysing. Sorrynotsorry.
Flub was an obvious block: For a cylon who knew he was town: his playstyle might be hiding a power role, but no-one could argue that flub wasn't suspicious. For a crewmember: He's flubbucket. He's just changed his picture to a frakking toaster! Basically begging to be seen as scum.
Trenton less obvious. For a Crewmember: As SirP says, perhaps assuming ZFR is town was a scum slip. For a Cylon: Perhaps assuming ZFR is town was a cop slip. In which case, better block him and pretend it was 'cause I thought he was scum!

make sense? I find that quite compelling.

ALSO - I'm wondering about 'Crew Captain'. PoppyAppletree said she was going to mess with the Cylon characters to avoid spoilers: So far all of the flips have been season 1-friendly. I know Kara becoming a captain isn't a huge spoiler, and if PoppyAppletree was concerned about that level of detail, she may even have forgotten Starbuck was ever anything but a captain (How significant is the event, someone who's seen the series?
SirP didn't mention his Crew Position until long after the initial claim (I couldn't really believe we'd missed it at the time.) If you were asked to claim, and your rank was 'Cylon Booze-n-Frakksmachine' you might look at 'Crew Lieutenant' and 'Crew Commander', go look up Starbuck's rank, see that it's captain and put that.

DANG I guess I can still read SirP as EITHER Crew or Cylon. HOW INCREDIBLY USEFUL THANKS FOR THAT JOE.

JoeSapphire: Bler - Has been off my scumdar until very recently, and now everything he does looks suspect.
Lifthrasil: Can you elaborate on that? Why does bler look suspect? I still have him and then ZFR as my top town reads. And those are the only reads in which I still feel quite confident. The rest of y'all is just muddy and I don't even have solid scum reads anymore. Only a lot of questionmarks.
Because he's had lots of people saying he looks town. mostly me. and I've a contrary nature.
Also Bler has a way of seeming to speak for everybody and seeming very sure of himself. At least that's how I'm reading him. Basically it's nothing he's DOING it's just stupid instinct or whatever and I suck at this game.

adaliabooks: Scum presumably thought flub had a PR after all. Nice of them to tidy up that lose end for us, but a curious choice for NK.
Why take someone with a reasonable amount of suspicion off the table?
There are at least a couple of players with a decent town cred who could have been knocked off like Vitek N1, were they not because they're actually scum?
Why not hit SPF? With cristi flipping town his role does look less likely to be town aligned too.
bler144: Heh, nice work flub with the head fake ;)

[REDACTED]

From that POV the flub NK is curious. Gotta think about that.
bler144: Thought about the flubbucket thing. From my POV his hard jump off cristi post-claim with no explanation meant one of two things - he was toaster moving on from a non-threat, or he was a protection PR counter-claiming SPF.

Maybe it is as simple as mafia thinking he was the cop, though I don't know what would make a cop any more or less likely to believe a backup of his/her role existed.

The other thing that's strange is when flub was pushed early game he did the whole "go ahead and lynch me IDGAF!" bit. He doesn't do that as cop as I recall, WIFOM and all.

....which...is interesting.

Or maybe they just thought he gave the least info on flip, but I don't really see that. Esp. since unless someone sat on a SPF counterclaim through those last 48-60 hours of D2, leaving him alive kinda left SPF in doubt, and the flip looks clearing to me.
^ I don't like any of the above. Why does it matter why they chose to kill flubbucket?

My current FAVES to be mafia are: SirP/Trent and Bler.
OBVS SirP and Trent cannot be buddies. Bler could be buddies with either.

Hm. Or can Trent and SirP be buddies? If you were a scum roleblocker would you claim to have blocked your buddy? I guess probably NO because then someone else might be all "Hey I got blocked last night you frakking toaster scum!" and that would probably be the end of you. Unless you deliberately went without blocking for a night just to set up the scene. I can't see SirP doing this though...

HM INTRIGUING Day Three should be fun.
flubbucket: I feel dead.
PoppyAppletree: Me too, flubb, me too. I think I've been suffering from food poisoning since Saturday morning.
GWSGM

(Get Well Soon Glorious Mod)

GWSGB
JoeSapphire: I think he's playing true to his character - I'm not picking up anything from his playstyle that makes me think he's cylon, but I've not been putting a lot of effort into analysing. Sorrynotsorry.

My current FAVES to be mafia are: SirP/Trent and Bler.
OBVS SirP and Trent cannot be buddies. Bler could be buddies with either.

Hm. Or can Trent and SirP be buddies? If you were a scum roleblocker would you claim to have blocked your buddy? I guess probably NO because then someone else might be all "Hey I got blocked last night you frakking toaster scum!" and that would probably be the end of you. Unless you deliberately went without blocking for a night just to set up the scene. I can't see SirP doing this though...
Nah. I think if a scum roleblocker were to announce that he blocked a scum-buddy for distancing effect he would have to go the full way and actually do it. To guard against trackers or watchers or whatever. I mean with three scum that is a possibility. Scum roleblocker blocks another scum and the third one does the nightkill. But that would mean relinquishing the chance to actually block something that's dangerous to scum. Like a cop. ... No, I don't think SPF blocked trent for distancing so I agree with you that at most one of the two is scum. Maybe town on town, but scum/scum is very unlikely.

Other than that I can't really read SPF, but I was hoping that you know him better than I do. It has been ages since I played with you two!

@Yogs: that's also a reply to you. On D1 I had the feeling that SPF is scum. On D2 not so much. He could be both. Right now the most scummy thing about him is the fact that he survived another Night. A claimed PR shouldn't survive that long, if it's a town PR. But then again it might be WIFOM as was pointed out on D2 already. Roleblocker is a role that can easily backfire for town and is therefore not as dangerous to scum as other roles. So scum might actually have decided to try to get the cop first - and went for flub, because they thought he had a PR. So, even though he still lives SPF could be town.

But let me retaliate: what's your read on Joe? You've played with him before, haven't you? He is just as unreadable for me as the Sir.
JoeSapphire: DANG I guess I can still read SirP as EITHER Crew or Cylon. HOW INCREDIBLY USEFUL THANKS FOR THAT JOE.
Lifthrasil: @Yogs: that's also a reply to you. On D1 I had the feeling that SPF is scum. On D2 not so much. He could be both.
Awesome. HOW INCREDIBLY USEFUL THANKS FOR THAT JOE AND LIFT.

With ZFR, that makes 3/3 wolfy answers.

@Lift, I've never played with Joe before, but I enjoy reading him. He seems like a pip. So there's that. I have no alignment vibes specifically, though.

I feel that old familiar feeling of just hanging out, waiting for half the player list to arrive...

Is this the place to point out that the only other player scum-reading SPF is now composting out back?
Next to no scum hunting, tires to not really rock the boat , very friendly and tires to appear helpful and agreeable.

I will also say that I got no indication what so ever that anyone visited me last night.
Lifthrasil: Interesting. While I agree that trent's seemingly absolute sureness of ZFRs towniness seemed very odd, I don't agree that it necessarily makes him scum. Possible, yes, but not necessary. And if trent is scum I actually would read it more as trent!scum using town!ZFR for buddying. On D1 I had ZFR as slightly scummy but his entire conduct on D2 looked quite towny.
Want to comment on a number of your points but apparently I talk too much.

To me the most interesting thing about trent is two-fold:
1) He hasn't done anything at all that I would describe as notably towny, that I can recall. Just trent-y.
2) he's the one person who really could fit on pretty much any hypothetical team. There's literally no one he could not be W/W with.

yogsloth: unbrig ZFR

Right, so we have "Town Backup Cop" and "Town Miller" huh.

I really should be better prepared for the way we do things 'round these parts.

"Town Rolebocker"?

*sigh*
yogs...pssst....yogs. Hey.

...Nvm, I'll tell you later.

trentonlf: I definitely think there were at least two scum on cristi’s wagon, and my guess on the second one is SirPrimalform. Torn between the third being either your or Joe (assuming there are 3 scum)
Why me or Joe over HSloth?

And with SirP, do you think then that town has no protection roles at all? Or you just think that after cristi's claim and flip there's no counterclaim at all because some towny out there is going "Yeah, maybe we do have a cop, a backup cop, an RB, and my protection role too plus the brig! Wait - i figured it out. There's no cop at all! Thaaaat's how it balances!"

I mean, we've got two lynches left, maaaybe 3. Personally if there is another protection role out there I don't see the upside to leaving SirP unchallenged on hopes you can get a block in a setup that presumably has at least a 1xStrongbad.

Do you want to reconsider this stance, or you're pretty locked in here?

ZFR: If my count is correct, I'm free?

Will wait for Poppy to confirm.
I am a bit curious - yesterday you were all on board with being brigged as in town's best interest. What exactly has changed now from your POV? Spending one night in there doesn't fundamentally change your slot, does it?

yogsloth: With the confirmation of a "Backup Cop" mafia team had to be gunning for the Cop role at night - nothing else would matter at this point.
So why did you think it was flub?

yogsloth: Yeah, a "not voting" bit is helpful just so you can see who's slanking, lol.
Spoiler alert: it's JoeS.

ZFR: If he's scum this time, he's more likely to have it slip his mind.
Ok, I guess.

ZFR: You've got a really weird definition of rage, smurf.
Half of my posts contain something just to amuse myself. I would agree that was hyperbole, yes. ;)

Lifthrasil: So my current guess is, that there are two scum amongst (adaliawyrm, elebutterfly, Damnation, SPF, trent) and one scum among (yogs_).
Hey, that's where I'm at, too!!

ZFR: For starters, he doesn't like SPF. It's SP or nothing...
yogsloth: Wolfy response, my lord.
And if you'd been here D1 instead of HSL we could have lynched him, but now it's just baked in.

Plus, I get where he's coming from - the madness has started to set in so the occasional funny is needed. HSL is wolfy but apparently somehow town...SPF is bizarre, but apparently somehow town.

What're ya gonna do? Except maybe just give yourself up.

JoeSapphire: ^ I don't like any of the above. Why does it matter why they chose to kill flubbucket?
Well I don't like your first post

JoeSapphire: vote ZFR

It's also good to vote. And lynch! It is the town's only weapon!
followed by your subsequent lack of aaaaaany votes at all the rest of the game that actually count.

But, you know, I'm sure we both have our reasons.

The answer to your question is yogs who would absolutely totally walk into night chat not having read the game and decide flub is probably cop. So sure, I was baiting yogs a bit.

But literally, you have 0 other votes besides your ZFR RVS vote where you literally said "It is also good to vote town yada yada!" and you're giving me crap about wondering why flub if they're cop hunting? I mean, you're not even voting me.

lulz

hoooow am I town reading you? sigh.

also
vote yogsloth
The "I wish I was a cyborg" votecount.

Lynch:

Lifthrasil - 2 (trentonlf, adaliaBookwyrms)
adaliaBookwyrms - 1 (ZFR)
yogsloth - 1 (bler144)

None - 6 (yogsloth, elebutterfly, JoeSapphire, SirPrimalform, Damnation, Lifthrasil)

Brig:

Damnation - 1 (adaliaBookwyrms)

None - 9 (yogsloth, elebutterfly, JoeSapphire, SirPrimalform, Damnation, Lifthrasil, trentonlf, bler144, ZFR)

With 10 active players, it takes 6 votes to reach a consensus.
Oh, right.

brig Trent
bler144: Why me or Joe over HSloth?

And with SirP, do you think then that town has no protection roles at all? Or you just think that after cristi's claim and flip there's no counterclaim at all because some towny out there is going "Yeah, maybe we do have a cop, a backup cop, an RB, and my protection role too plus the brig! Wait - i figured it out. There's no cop at all! Thaaaat's how it balances!"

I mean, we've got two lynches left, maaaybe 3. Personally if there is another protection role out there I don't see the upside to leaving SirP unchallenged on hopes you can get a block in a setup that presumably has at least a 1xStrongbad.

Didn't find Hyper to be scummy and my stance since yogsloth joined in has not changed.

I have no idea what town roles there are, I have not been focusing on possible roles in the game. Sounds like you are role hunting though, so I will go with you over Joe for the last scum.

I find it interesting how you are trying to justify that SirPrimalform needs to be left alive just in case he gets lucky enough to block scum, or I'm really thinking you want him left alive so your buddy can get the chance to block the cop, You know I'm right, just admit it. You will feel much better getting it off of your chest.

Pretty locked in.
bler144: Why me or Joe over HSloth?

trentonlf: Didn't find Hyper to be scummy and my stance since yogsloth joined in has not changed.

I have no idea what town roles there are, I have not been focusing on possible roles in the game. Sounds like you are role hunting though, so I will go with you over Joe for the last scum.

I find it interesting how you are trying to justify that SirPrimalform needs to be left alive just in case he gets lucky enough to block scum, or I'm really thinking you want him left alive so your buddy can get the chance to block the cop, You know I'm right, just admit it. You will feel much better getting it off of your chest.

Pretty locked in.
lol

ok. Nice dodge.
trentonlf: I have not been focusing on possible roles in the game.
Since you're about the only one around and we're just here making small talk, what would you say you HAVE been focusing on in the game?
Oh gee.

bler is voting for me.

O outrageous fortune, how could I have predicted thee?
yogsloth: Oh gee.

bler is voting for me.

O outrageous fortune, how could I have predicted thee?
Yeah, the what isn't what's interesting.

What do you think is the why?