It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

trentonlf: It's simple, I totally missed the vote. Not sure how when I looked at the vote count I thought Carradice had not voted, but that's exactly what happened. If you think there was something beyond that I don't know what to say because it really was just a mistake.

Sorry I've been away more today than I planned, I've been under the weather and went to the doctor. They did a COVID test on me and I should hopefully have the results sometime tomorrow. I'm tired and cranky. I will be around but can't guarantee I'll post much.
Very quickly, because I have no IRL time, okay. I was wondering.

@TRENTONLF I hope that all is well and that you don't have the 2020 plague! Best of wishes on your speedy recovery to health!

EBWOP:
FlockeSchnee: You and trent accusing him of not voting when he had already voted sticks in my craw.
was supposed to read "you and zfr.
Apologies.
trentonlf: Sorry I've been away more today than I planned, I've been under the weather and went to the doctor. They did a COVID test on me and I should hopefully have the results sometime tomorrow. I'm tired and cranky. I will be around but can't guarantee I'll post much.
I hope you have a fast recovery, even if you got the virus! (Hopefully not)

Microfish_1: Is there any role other than RB that could block someone? For instance, @POOOKA would "an investigation-immune person being investigated" give the "blocked" result?
The phone you are calling is not available at the moment. Please try again later. *BEEP.*
Lifthrasil: . Not reading rules is a thing that Scene is known for. Not an experienced player like yogs.
yogsloth: Oh god

if you only knew

if you only knew the smallest part of it
So you didn't read the rules and yet pretended sure knowledge of them, when you used them as argument against Scene. You also didn't fully read the post you quoted, where Scene had replied to the very question you repeated as another argument. That's bad. Really bad! Especially if you are Town. (If you are, as I assume, Scum then by all means, continue to slip, please! ;-) )

ZFR: OK, put yogs aside for a moment, can you answer me one question: Why do you think I am scum? Because I voted for who I think is the scummier of the two?
No, because you did so giving an insufficient reason. You base your vote on role speculation in a closed setup.
Also, because you evade or ignore questions until you are pressured into replying by repeating the questions. Carradice's question concerning Joe and my questions about your rating of the remaining two thirds of my arguments against Yogs. You focused on the one argument against him that you could excuse and completely ignored the other two. It's not so much who you defend and who you suspect. It's the way how you do it and how you reply selectively.

Lifthrasil: Those were two examples, where he gives an OK reading without any explanation how he came to that conclusion. The rest of the posts doesn't look much better. The only actual case he made was against Scene and it was based, as discussed extensively, on three blatant errors.
ZFR: Yet you only mentioned that he gave an OK to myself and trent, and ignored how he gave an OK to Carradice, for example. Because it doesn't fit your narrative?
Exactly. I was looking for connections between yogs, you and maybe trent. You know, that's part of scum-hunting to look for connections between other players? And those two posts stood out. That's why I chose them as examples for yogs giving reads without any justification whatsoever.

Carradice: Torn between confirming someone and checking on less townie characters. Finally checked on Lifthrasil.

I was BLOCKED.
Microfish_1: Is there any role other than RB that could block someone? For instance, @POOOKA would "an investigation-immune person being investigated" give the "blocked" result?
That is actually a good question. There might be flavour differences, depending on the role that did the blocking/jailing/result-preventing.

@Carradice: were you explicitly told, that you were role-blocked? Or did your investigation just fail?

@micro: once you catch up far enough, I am very interested in reading your thoughts on Yog's vote on Scene and ZFR's and my interaction about that.

trentonlf: Sorry I've been away more today than I planned, I've been under the weather and went to the doctor. They did a COVID test on me and I should hopefully have the results sometime tomorrow. I'm tired and cranky.
Don't worry too much. I feel that way every morning. It's just old age catching up to us! ;-) But seriously, get well soon and I hope that the test will turn out negative.
Microfish_1: not sure I totally agree. I say we decide he is town because of no CC, but be willing to reopen this if there is a CC. Which brings up my point about why on page 17 are you in favor of lunching him?
Duh. Of course if something major happens like a counterclaim, we change it.

Or a full Doc flip.
Lifthrasil: No, because you did so giving an insufficient reason. You base your vote on role speculation in a closed setup.
Also, because you evade or ignore questions until you are pressured into replying by repeating the questions. Carradice's question concerning Joe and my questions about your rating of the remaining two thirds of my arguments against Yogs. You focused on the one argument against him that you could excuse and completely ignored the other two. It's not so much who you defend and who you suspect. It's the way how you do it and how you reply selectively.
Why answer a question which the person who asked already answered himself?

Regarding the second point. I already wrote that I wasn't saying yogs is not scummy, just that I was finding him less scummy than Carradice. I just pointed out one point why is it so. When you asked about the other two, I answered.

ZFR: Yet you only mentioned that he gave an OK to myself and trent, and ignored how he gave an OK to Carradice, for example. Because it doesn't fit your narrative?
Lifthrasil: Exactly. I was looking for connections between yogs, you and maybe trent. You know, that's part of scum-hunting to look for connections between other players? And those two posts stood out. That's why I chose them as examples for yogs giving reads without any justification whatsoever.
Except that's not how it works. You're not looking for connections between other players, you'r picking up connections that support your predetermined hypothesis.

yogs said ZFR OK: Aha! a clear sucm connection. yogs said trent OK: Another scum connection. Yogs said Carradice OK: Oops, let's ignore it.
yogsloth: side note

MU has changed the terminology to "eliminate"
Pookina: The phone you are calling is not available at the moment. Please try again later. *BEEP.*
Oh, so he's got to try it later over and over again. Gotcha!

yogsloth: On a brief re-read, I actually find carradice pretty scummy lol
Any reason why or just going with the flow?

I like some of the comments Micro is doing (I was waiting to see him post as he was my choice yesterday) but I also have doubts about his approach where is is responding to and questioning outdated posts. But I have to admit it also brought some things that would be otherwise maybe forgotten to the table?
Also there is a bit too much talking to dead players instead of living ones.

Microfish_1: Dude, seriously? this narrative is getting old. fast. see 609, and 680. You and trent accusing him of not voting when he had already voted sticks in my craw.
It is interesting obesrvation and it is quite weird why several people chastised him for not-voting while he did but it should also be noted you left out SPF who did it too in (671)

Jailer could in order to protect him. Or it could be that his action just failed, like if he targeted gogtrial. Sometimes mod distinguishes it, sometimes, they don't. But that's up to him to answer.

ZFR: Duh. Of course if something major happens like a counterclaim, we change it.

Or a full Doc flip.
What are your current thoughts on Micro?
You had him as town on first Day and didn't want to lynch him again on D1 but how do you see him now, when D1 lynch is out of the picture?
You said scum Micro wouldn't act like he did toward town Carradice but have you ever thought about them both being scum?

JoeSapphire: something like "WHAT? THERE'S FIVE MINUTES TO DEADLINE!! WHAT!!"

and seeing his role claim he definitely had to be removed.
And you felt it won't happen without your vote?
Why you felt his role needed to be removed?

JoeSapphire: I'm town reading lift, but not without reservation.
I plucked that trio for my Pool of Elimination based on who might feel like they were working together, and when I looked at it noticed that they're an unlikely trio, so I discarded it.
Oh, I see.
Town reading him on what basis? The stuff mentioned in 515
Attachments:
#Q&_^Q&Q#LINK:839#Q&_^Q&Q#
Uh, OK then...
JoeSapphire:
Vitek: Uh, OK then...
you ruined it!
JoeSapphire: you ruined it!
My pleasure.
JoeSapphire: something like "WHAT? THERE'S FIVE MINUTES TO DEADLINE!! WHAT!!"

and seeing his role claim he definitely had to be removed.
Vitek: And you felt it won't happen without your vote?
Why you felt his role needed to be removed?
I didn't think too hard, there wasn't time

compulsive visitor doesn't really help town, especially once it is publicly known, and scum might use compulsive visitor as a false claim if they think it's likely there's observing roles

JoeSapphire: I'm town reading lift, but not without reservation.
I plucked that trio for my Pool of Elimination based on who might feel like they were working together, and when I looked at it noticed that they're an unlikely trio, so I discarded it.
Vitek: Oh, I see.
Town reading him on what basis? The stuff mentioned in 515
yeah that stuff
Sorry, for my low activity these days. Busy times at work as collegue has days off and her work needs to be done. I have day off yesterday so feel free to grill me then if i don't participate much but not now. Thanks.

JoeSapphire: I didn't think too hard, there wasn't time

compulsive visitor doesn't really help town, especially once it is publicly known, and scum might use compulsive visitor as a false claim if they think it's likely there's observing roles
So you did not think the role itself needed to be removed but that it was convenient false claim?
Carradice: "I am totes cop, guys"
Do you have any scum suspects? I have trouble finding any in your posts.
Post edited June 25, 2020 by Vitek
Vitek: Sorry, for my low activity these days. Busy times at work as collegue has days off and her work needs to be done. I have day off yesterday so feel free to grill me then if i don't participate much but not now. Thanks.

JoeSapphire: I didn't think too hard, there wasn't time

Vitek: So you did not think the role itself needed to be removed but that it was convenient false claim?
yeah that's right. I guess I said it weird before.
Vitek: What are your current thoughts on Micro?
You had him as town on first Day and didn't want to lynch him again on D1 but how do you see him now, when D1 lynch is out of the picture?
You said scum Micro wouldn't act like he did toward town Carradice but have you ever thought about them both being scum?
I town-read him when I thought Carradice was Town because his claim was true. Plus I like Micro's defense and post towards the end of D1.

Now that I think Carradice is scum, Micro could be scum as well. Yes, they could be a team, and that would explain his actions D1 when Carradice was the main wagon.

So it's basically same as D1. Town Carradice indicates Town Micro. Scum Carradice could indicate both scum and Town Micro.

All the more reason to see Carradice flip.