It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Lifthrasil: But isn't 3 vs 2 LYLO? Lynch or lose. Because if we don't lynch at 3 vs 2, we will be at 2 vs 2 after the next Night - and that will be game over.
ZFR: ...

Sorry, I don't know what happened to me. I thought LYLO was MYLO and vice versa.
"This smells!" ;-)
Okay. I'll stop talking about myself, since I'm guaranteed lynch at this rate, so it's no use going against the inevitable. I do rather all of your hurled me into the observer thread so I can take a time out and go through the Notions of What Not to Dos, but whether you want me dead now or to-Night is no longer mine to influence. It is your prerogative.

Consider me dead. Pretend this is Day 3.

If I flip town, who's going to be suspect? And if I flip scum, will Lift come under fire?

----
Something eluded me until now. If a power role is to breadcrumb, then would the lack of breadcrumbs indicating there is "another" cop strengthen my case, or weaken it further than it already is? Besides flub's "why are you hurrying me to lynch without letting me claim" post, there was no breadcrumbs to be found from anyone else about either doctor or cop.
PookaMustard: Something eluded me until now. If a power role is to breadcrumb,
Not necessarily. Scum can use breadcrumbs to find power roles, so breadcrumbing your role is not something you always have to do.

The other different thing, for informative roles, is to breadcrumb results. This is more useful to town, but again has to be done carefully since scum is going to be on the lookout for those too. Ideally it's something that appears innocent/natural while you're alive but becomes clear and easy to see after you die and flip. You have to weigh the pros of getting the info out against the cons of scum catching you doing it.
PookaMustard: - Despite knowing that I'd be nightkilled as a town cop, and not being nightkilled would mean I am scum, he reinstates his vote on me anyway, in an attempt to get a free town lynch. (289)
ZFR: Lift answered this very nicely in post 307. If we leave you alive, but end up mislynching another town, then "not being nightkilled would mean you're scum" is actually meaningless.

We'd by at MYLO after NK. If you're town, scum can NK someone else knowing you're likely as you said, be the D3 lynch. If you're scum, you can claim that you're town and scum are keeping you alive for the above reason. Regardless, there would be way too much confusion for us to extract anything meaningful.

There are four possibilities:

1. We lynch you, you're scum: hooray.
2. We lynch you, you're town: Not so cool. However a major point of confusion gets cleared up, we get some info confirmed about Lift (granted as trent said it's not extremely useful but still), and our loss is at this point no bigger than losing a vanilla townie; as Lift said unfortunately you lost your usefullness when you claimed.

3. We don't lynch you you're scum: we're screwed.
4. We don't lynch you, you're town: we don't lose a cop, but we're in deep crap anyway. You either get NKed and don't give us any additional info, or even worse if we mislynch another town then scum can have a field day by keeping you alive tomorrow.

See, no matter your faction, scenarios 3 and 4 where we don't lynch you lead to much worse situations than 1 and 2 where we do. So even thinking that you could be town, I'd still lynch you. But I'm thinking of that being likely less and less.

And yes, if that post was all you had about breadcrumbing then I'd have believed you more if you simply said you didn't breadcrumb Lift. The fact that you tried finding something reeks (not just smells or stinks) of someone trying to find a breadcrumb where none existed. There is no way a cop consciously makes such a breadcrumb.

PookaMustard: If we mislynch today, we're at LYLO tomorrow.
ZFR: Why do people keep saying that? If we mislynch then after the NK it's 3 vs 2 and we're at MYLO. Am I missing something?
#4 is not accurate, if Pooka is town and doesn’t get lynched and we lynch another townie who is not the cop, why would scum leave Pooka alive? They can’t have him investigate anyone else because tomorrow they can’t counter claim because that would be all kinds of scummy.
trentonlf: #4 is not accurate, if Pooka is town and doesn’t get lynched and we lynch another townie who is not the cop, why would scum leave Pooka alive? They can’t have him investigate anyone else because tomorrow they can’t counter claim because that would be all kinds of scummy.
They can leave him alive because he's going to get lynched.

Here is a question: we don't lynch Pooka, we mislynch a Townie and Pooka survives N2, despite claiming Cop. Do you trust him? He himself claims that it's safe not to lynch him because "if he survives N2 it would be proof he's scum".
PookaMustard: Okay. I'll stop talking about myself, since I'm guaranteed lynch at this rate, so it's no use going against the inevitable. I do rather all of your hurled me into the observer thread so I can take a time out and go through the Notions of What Not to Dos, but whether you want me dead now or to-Night is no longer mine to influence. It is your prerogative.

If I flip town, who's going to be suspect? And if I flip scum, will Lift come under fire?

----
Something eluded me until now. If a power role is to breadcrumb, then would the lack of breadcrumbs indicating there is "another" cop strengthen my case, or weaken it further than it already is? Besides flub's "why are you hurrying me to lynch without letting me claim" post, there was no breadcrumbs to be found from anyone else about either doctor or cop.
FWIW the only time I’ve ever tried to breadcrumb a role I had was last game when I tried to hint that I protected bookwyrm and I knew he was Town because no kill happened that night. It did zero good as I think the only people who picked up on me having a role was you and dedo as scum.
trentonlf: #4 is not accurate, if Pooka is town and doesn’t get lynched and we lynch another townie who is not the cop, why would scum leave Pooka alive? They can’t have him investigate anyone else because tomorrow they can’t counter claim because that would be all kinds of scummy.
ZFR: They can leave him alive because he's going to get lynched.

Here is a question: we don't lynch Pooka, we mislynch a Townie and Pooka survives N2, despite claiming Cop. Do you trust him? He himself claims that it's safe not to lynch him because "if he survives N2 it would be proof he's scum".
And you know for sure he’s going to be lynched how?

If Pooka is town and I was scum he would die tonight, but I could see scum counting on leaving him alive to be the mislynch. I think the risk would be too hi for scum to do that, but that’s just my speculation.
ZFR: They can leave him alive because he's going to get lynched.

trentonlf: And you know for sure he’s going to be lynched how?
I'm not saying he'll be lynched on D3. Pooka is the one who's saying "If I survive N2 you'll know I'm scum so lynch me on D3".
I'm saying it's going to be a crappy situation for Town to be in; they either have to believe the above and lynch Pooka on a Day they can no longer afford to make any mistakes or put him as Town and risk having a scum escape. I'd rather the decision is made today.
Vote Count

PookaMustard - 3 votes (Bookwyrm627, ZFR, Lifthrasil)
ZFR - 2 vote (Microfish_1, PookaMustard)

Not voting: RedFireGaming, trentonlf

PookaMustard is closest to lynch, at L-1.

With 7 players, 4 is a majority.

The deadline is approximately 4 days from now.
ZFR: I'm saying it's going to be a crappy situation for Town to be in; they either have to believe the above and lynch Pooka on a Day they can no longer afford to make any mistakes or put him as Town and risk having a scum escape. I'd rather the decision is made today.
Agreed. We either lynch Pooka now, or take him as a confirmed cop.
ZFR: I'm not saying he'll be lynched on D3. Pooka is the one who's saying "If I survive N2 you'll know I'm scum so lynch me on D3".
I'm saying it's going to be a crappy situation for Town to be in; they either have to believe the above and lynch Pooka on a Day they can no longer afford to make any mistakes or put him as Town and risk having a scum escape. I'd rather the decision is made today.
Actually now that I think about it, there's something you get in believing me that you won't get in lynching me right away. If you look at the following four scenarios, I am as good as dead.

Scenario 1: You lynch me today, someone (Lift?) gets nightkilled, and you're down to figuring out who is scum.
Scenario 2: You keep me alive today and figure out who is scum, I die, and then you figure out who is scum for a second chance.

If I am scum, then:
Scenario 3: You lynch me today, someone other than Lift gets nightkilled, Lift becomes the hot topic the next Day.
Scenario 4: You keep me alive today, someone other than me is nightkilled, then I get the lynch the next Day.

So crunching this data together...
- If you trust I am town and go for Scenario 2, you got two chances to lynch scum, one today and one the next day.
- If you trust I am scum, just seeing if I live on Day 3 will be enough confirmation to get rid of me.
PookaMustard: Okay. I'll stop talking about myself, since I'm guaranteed lynch at this rate, so it's no use going against the inevitable. I do rather all of your hurled me into the observer thread so I can take a time out and go through the Notions of What Not to Dos, but whether you want me dead now or to-Night is no longer mine to influence. It is your prerogative.

----
No matter how Pooka flips, some discussion of Lift is likely. If Pooka is scum, then we'll have a debate on whether he was trying to clear Lift or implicate him by association. If town, we discuss the possibility of Lift as Mafia Godfather.
PookaMustard: So crunching this data together...
- If you trust I am town and go for Scenario 2, you got two chances to lynch scum, one today and one the next day.
- If you trust I am scum, just seeing if I live on Day 3 will be enough confirmation to get rid of me.
So, If you are town, doesn't that give you a good reason to keep defending yourself? Giving up would only leave you in doubt, and make a lynch more likely.
Post edited August 11, 2019 by RedFireGaming
PookaMustard: - If you trust I am scum, just seeing if I live on Day 3 will be enough confirmation to get rid of me.
I don't "trust" you're scum, just think there is a bigger chance that you are than you're not. So as I've explained twice you living on Day 3 will NOT be enough confirmation to get rid of you.

As Red said, if against my better judgment you don't get lynched toDay then, barring major developments, I will have to hard-read you as Town period. Your idea "lynch me on D3 if Im still alive" Does. Not. Work.
RedFireGaming: <snip>
Be careful about the double-posts.
RedFireGaming: <snip>
agentcarr16: Be careful about the double-posts.
Yeah, I thought I had waited long enough, but I was wrong.