It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Lifthrasil: Unfortunately it is exactly the claim I expected under the assumption that you were scum. Including the claim of having investigated me. That would fit too, since I'm undecided on your alignment and giving me a town-read might pull me in your 'camp'.
Well, think of it. If I am scum claiming cop, then if I ever see Day 3 alive, I would be an immediate lynch, no questions asked. It won't matter if I die on Day 3 or Night 2, it's all the same.

Lifthrasil: However, it is also possible that you actually are the Cop and did investigate me. But in that case I'm curious: why did you investigate me and not ZFR, who was your preferred target all over Day 1?
I chose to investigate you because in truth, I wanted to be sure my read of you was correct. There was this nagging feeling that the people who said your "mistake" seemed LAMIST were correct in their assessment. Add to that that you fooled pretty much everyone in the Secret Hitler game smoothly. Therefore, if there was anyone I'd want cleared if town or lynched if scum, it was you. I didn't go for ZFR because I am still convinced he is scum.
Lifthrasil: Unfortunately it is exactly the claim I expected under the assumption that you were scum. Including the claim of having investigated me. That would fit too, since I'm undecided on your alignment and giving me a town-read might pull me in your 'camp'.
PookaMustard: Well, think of it. If I am scum claiming cop, then if I ever see Day 3 alive, I would be an immediate lynch, no questions asked. It won't matter if I die on Day 3 or Night 2, it's all the same.

Lifthrasil: However, it is also possible that you actually are the Cop and did investigate me. But in that case I'm curious: why did you investigate me and not ZFR, who was your preferred target all over Day 1?
PookaMustard: I chose to investigate you because in truth, I wanted to be sure my read of you was correct. There was this nagging feeling that the people who said your "mistake" seemed LAMIST were correct in their assessment. Add to that that you fooled pretty much everyone in the Secret Hitler game smoothly. Therefore, if there was anyone I'd want cleared if town or lynched if scum, it was you. I didn't go for ZFR because I am still convinced he is scum.
I see. Thanks for the compliment, I guess. :-) Since that Secret Hitler game I seem to be perpetually suspect. :-)

So, now it's time to wait for the reactions and opinions of all the others.
Unovte
Sigh, if this is true, then I am a teeny bit disappointed in you Pooka. Sorry.

Also, Lift would have been my top suspect had you flipped Town. If you are cop and Lift isn't godfather it goes to show how bad my reads are (GR, Pooka, Lift).

Could be we are facing an all-star team like gogtrial said last game. Book + trent (maybe GodfatherLift).

This leaves out five players for possible scum, if Lift is not Godfather:
- Microfish
- Bookwyrm
- RedFireGaming
- trentonlf
- ZFR

I know I'm Town, and I strongly suspect Red is too. If Lift is not Godfather, then by PoE I can hit scum blindly with 66% chance. it could be an all-star Book + trent, then again Micro did have his moments too as Lift correctly noted.

Of course there is also the chance that cop claim is the best claim to make if you're lynched anywa; maybe try and get a counterclaim at the very least so your death has meaning.

I'm going to wait to see what others have to say.
PookaMustard: I am the town cop.
Briefly scanning, since I have reply notifications. I don't have time right now and I'm on mobile anyway, so keeping this short.

If Pooka is lying, then real cop please keep your mouth shut about it for now. Scum!Pooka could be fishing for the cop on his way out.

And yes, I'm following my own advice on this as well.
PookaMustard: I am the town cop.
Well, maybe I should have started with the basics.

Did you breadcrumb anywhere that you're cop? Did you breadcrumb anywhere that Lift is town?

Looking at your D2 posts, you only posted out of the blue about Bookwyrm being Town and nothing really about Lift. Were you not afraid if you flip town people will think you're clearing Bookwyrm.

Nothing about Lift at all?
PookaMustard: @ZFR I got the "Follow the Cop" idea from Bookwyrm. I wanted to setup a Mafia game on Discord, so I asked him for setups, and he told me to avoid setups that would use an unchecked form of the strategy.
OK, that's where you heard about the strategy from, but where did you read about how the strategy works?

Did Bookwyrm just say "careful when you make setups so as not to allow Follow the Cop to take place"?
If so where did you get information that explains how it works? One that didn't mention Cop having to claim?

Or did Bookwyrm himself explain how it works and didn't mention that Cop has to claim??

If you're cop do not counterclaim immediately. Veterans don't need me to tell them this, but newbies might counterclaim too soon. The more I look at this claim the more holes I see. So there might be no need to out yourself.
EDIT: Just now noticed my previous post was ninjaed by Bookwyrm.

OK, thinking more about it it seems more and more fishy. Pooka admitted that he learned about Follow the Cop when he was hosting a game on discord. I find it extremely unlikely that a host, who was warned not to use a setup that allows a particular strategy, wouldn't find out exactly how a strategy works. Not Pooka, who in a post some time ago mentioned that he's interested in psychological informed-minority type of games.
ZFR: Well, maybe I should have started with the basics.

Did you breadcrumb anywhere that you're cop? Did you breadcrumb anywhere that Lift is town?

Looking at your D2 posts, you only posted out of the blue about Bookwyrm being Town and nothing really about Lift. Were you not afraid if you flip town people will think you're clearing Bookwyrm.

Nothing about Lift at all?
I wanted to breadcrumb being cop the same way as Micro breadcrumbed 1-shot vig last game, but couldn't find the chance to pull it off. If I did any breadcrumbing, it would've been in the form of implying that I'm "shrinking down the list of possible scum," which I have done since the thing with flub's "Book is Town"

The thing with Lift I mildly implied by taking his words for granted, especially with how he interpreted thing.

ZFR: OK, that's where you heard about the strategy from, but where did you read about how the strategy works?

Did Bookwyrm just say "careful when you make setups so as not to allow Follow the Cop to take place"?
If so where did you get information that explains how it works? One that didn't mention Cop having to claim?

Or did Bookwyrm himself explain how it works and didn't mention that Cop has to claim??

If you're cop do not counterclaim immediately. Veterans don't need me to tell them this, but newbies might counterclaim too soon. The more I look at this claim the more holes I see. So there might be no need to out yourself.
Bookwyrm also told it to me. Now that I'm looking at the chat, he did say the cop CLAIMS, and the doctor protects every night. So he left nothing "open for interpretation" so to say, and I was the one to not do my homework properly.

ZFR: OK, thinking more about it it seems more and more fishy. Pooka admitted that he learned about Follow the Cop when he was hosting a game on discord. I find it extremely unlikely that a host, who was warned not to use a setup that allows a particular strategy, wouldn't find out exactly how a strategy works. Not Pooka, who in a post some time ago mentioned that he's interested in psychological informed-minority type of games.
Dropping the ball is a major theme in this game with me. First, I think the mafia choose their roles AFTER town does, then I think the doctor can protect the same person each night, and then I miss the whole "cop claims first" thing. You do have a right to be disappointed in me. For someone who likes social deduction games like Mafia and Secret Hitler, and takes them with great interest, I sure played all my cards wrong. Some I do need to query about in the observer thread and learn from them at the comfort of not being scrutinized with "is this a scum ploy?", and hope I do better next time, but some are just awful.

Also, you will not find anyone counterclaiming as cop. You will find a dead cop on the ground once the Night ends, unless scum for some reason, fashion letting me have two reads instead of my lone one.
PookaMustard: Well, think of it. If I am scum claiming cop, then if I ever see Day 3 alive, I would be an immediate lynch, no questions asked. It won't matter if I die on Day 3 or Night 2, it's all the same.

PookaMustard: I chose to investigate you because in truth, I wanted to be sure my read of you was correct. There was this nagging feeling that the people who said your "mistake" seemed LAMIST were correct in their assessment. Add to that that you fooled pretty much everyone in the Secret Hitler game smoothly. Therefore, if there was anyone I'd want cleared if town or lynched if scum, it was you. I didn't go for ZFR because I am still convinced he is scum.
I don’t understand this reasoning. The cop is suppose to find scum, that’s what the role is designed for. The secondary bonus is you clear people as town. What I am confused about is if you truly believe ZFR is scum then why didn’t you investigate him? Why investigate someone you think is town? Your reasoning of investigating Lift to confirm your read of him makes no sense to me.
PookaMustard: Okay, that's L-1. I can't see myself living beyond Night 2 in any capacity, so I'll happily sign my death with my own hands if it meant narrowing the list of possible scum. Time for the role claim.

I am the town cop.

During the Night, I have investigated Lifthrasil, who turned up Town.

@ZFR I got the "Follow the Cop" idea from Bookwyrm. I wanted to setup a Mafia game on Discord, so I asked him for setups, and he told me to avoid setups that would use an unchecked form of the strategy.
OOF. Welp. If you aren't eliminated N2, this means you are def D3 lunch candidate. If Pooka is scum, is Lift more or less suspect because scum cleared them? Or is scum, expecting to be eliminated, painting a townie into a corner by association?

PookaMustard: This leaves out five players for possible scum, if Lift is not Godfather:
- Microfish
- Bookwyrm
- RedFireGaming
- trentonlf
- ZFR
"not it."

Also, I expect scum picked GF, or there is at least a 50/50 chance they did so. (if they picked ninja, I'd be shocked, as it seems less useful than the other 2 roles--or such seems to be the consensus when I raised the ignored question yesterday(?) regarding Ninjas & book.)

I still scum-read Book, but not conclusively. Been fun playing with ya, Pooka, see I'll ya around (but I'm voting you so fast if you survive the night). :-)
PookaMustard: The thing with Lift I mildly implied by taking his words for granted, especially with how he interpreted thing.
So you didn't breadcrumb clearing Lift?

And you didn't breadcrumb cop because... 7 days weren't enough?

Dude if you're really cop you dropped the ball badly.

OK, give me an example of a post where you took Lift's words for granted. I can't find even that.
PookaMustard: As it stands, my vote priorities are now ZFR and flub. Lift and trent I am getting town reads from (Lift talking about flub "scummy" play rings true to me, trent bringing up ZFR wanting the power roles out). GR being cut off from his role voting powers reads as slightly town. Everyone else is neutral (Micro looks the same as he did in the previous games, but I did think he was liberal from his playstyle when he was actually fascist in a Secret Hitler, so I'm cautious about him, RedFireGaming hasn't showed us much to go from, Wyrm is still Wyrm but there's no sign he's town or mafia yet).
In light of this roleclaim, while waiting to see if we have a doornail on our hands come morning, I suspect Book, and to an extent ZFR, as scum. If Pooka flips town, Lift is either GF or town, but should we give the benefit of the doubt to him?

Pooka, you will remember in SH I was quite aggressive, and my aggressiveness and wildness did me in. This is me. Town me. If you survive the night, you are either scum or being ignored by scum (which makes little sense unless they think we're gonna hammer you to bits or they have a godfather and don't really care--again, weird.). In either case, you know (by virtue of being scum) or in your gut (by the dissimilarities between town and F me) that I am town.
Microfish_1: In either case, you know (by virtue of being scum) or in your gut (by the dissimilarities between town and F me) that I am town.
Well, I don't know that, since this is my first game.
Microfish_1: In either case, you know (by virtue of being scum) or in your gut (by the dissimilarities between town and F me) that I am town.
RedFireGaming: Well, I don't know that, since this is my first game.
Dont worry, here is a link to explain it.

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Appeal_to_Emotion