It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
BUG REPORTING: Please use http://mantis.gog.com

Always attach your logs when reporting bugs. You can find them at:
On Windows Vista or later: C:\ProgramData\GOG.com\Galaxy\Logs
On Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\GOG.com\Galaxy\Logs
On MacOSX: /Users/Shared/GOG.com/Galaxy/Logs

---

Hi, everyone!

The Galaxy team is hard at work to bring you the Client application that will let you manage your GOG.com games library more conveniently. We’d love for the initial release experience to be as smooth and streamlined as possible for everyone, but releasing an app of this scope is no easy feat.

But before we jump in and hand out the alpha Client, we’d like to set some ground rules.

1) The key word here is ‘alpha’, which means that this is not the final app and not all functionalities are present. The purpose of this test is to evaluate the core tech in the Client on a wider set of computer configurations than what we can locally test on, so only core features are included. Below I will post a detailed list of what is present and what we plan to add in future releases.

2) Alpha also means that you can encounter some unexpected issues. If you have a metered connection (a bandwidth cap or payments per bandwidth used) or you’re currently playing and can’t afford a loss of game time, this might not be for you. In other words, if you want to avoid potential problems with the alpha Client, simply wait for the final release.

3) Please, please, please refrain from posting screenshots, reviews or first impressions, both on our forums or elsewhere, as this is not the final product and many changes will still be made.

If you’ve read all of the above proceed to the signup page: http://www.gog.com/galaxy/alpha

We will be sending out invitations in batches (along with some more info on how to install the client and report bugs), so not everyone will receive one right away.
Post edited May 02, 2015 by Destro
high rated
Hi everyone,

we've released the 0.7 version a couple of minutes ago, here's the changelog:

- Back/Forward navigation in the Store section
- Import Folder - it is now possible to import a game which is not compatible with the client, by clicking the game in the Library section and choosing ‘Import Folder’ from the More dropdown
- Startup page option - it is now possible to decide if the client should start on LIBRARY page, STORE page, or continue previous session
- Search option - you can press enter in the search field to continue searching in the Store
- Option to Show Game Folder added to MORE menu
- New sidebar sorting options (sort by name)
- External links will now be forwarded to the system browser
- Wishlist option added to the LIBRARY menu
- Community option in the STORE menu
- Forum Replies option in the ACCOUNT menu
- Option to keep saves, when uninstalling a game
- Windows: starting the client when another instance is already running should now open the running instance (rather than displaying error message)
- Improved ‘Last Played’ information, which should now show the time of the user stopped playing the game, rather than started playing the game
- Fixed uninstallation issues on Windows
- Fixed an issue which prevented using Paypal, when buying a game
- Fixed an issue which prevented from displaying Terms and Agreements when registering new account
- Fixed some issues when installing and uninstalling DLCs
- Bugfix: client will now not allow dragging elements onto its window
- Fixed memory leaks, causing to crash the application when downloading lots of games
- Fixed a bug which was causing the client to crash on exit
- Fixed an issue, which sometimes caused the client to duplicate the news on game view
Post edited May 01, 2015 by Destro
high rated
HOW TO IMPORT EXISTING GAMES INSTALLATIONS INTO GALAXY

1. For GOG games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Click the "+" button on top of the sidebar and select "scan and import folders" - it will find all compatible games within that folder and add them to the Client.

2. For remaining GOG game INSTALLATIONS
Find the game in the Library, then click the More button and select "Manage" -> "Import folder" and point the folder selector into the folder where that game is installed.
Post edited May 01, 2015 by Destro
Shmacky-McNuts: While looking through the Aliens vs Predator forum, I got the distinct impression the Galaxy client is auto installed. Is there any "clean"(no client) version of the installer or at the very least the OPTION BEFORE installing anything, to NOT install anything other than the game (NO client/galaxy etc.) I only want to play the game in single player mode and I DO NOT want the client.
Spinorial: Technically, that's not the Galaxy client, just a launcher to enable multiplayer. But yes, they've been promising a clean installer for ages and nothing so far.
Well thanks for the info. I didn't wanna go through 52 pages to find a "maybe" lol
BKGaming: Am I the only one who feels the performance of the client has gotten a little worse with the latest updates? After the latest updates it seems to me it takes a long time for stuff to load on the game pages. Like the background pics are slower loading and often the client gets confused if you click through different games to quickly and displays the wrong background pic. The new "news" sections is very slow and again the pictures are slow to load. Overall the when loading pictures it often seems to have issues. Not only that but you seem to actually have to click each individual game page for the news section to even finish loading for every game.
I'm having quite a few issues with broken page layout, generally needing to reload or log-out-and-back-in to fix them. I'm trying to figure out some pattern to write a mantis report, but it's a bit tricky to formulate. Given your comment on loading lag for pictures etc, I'm thinking it's some server issue at work.
A question for GoG crew.

With the Galaxy Launcher I have chosen to install all my stand alone installers into the same Directory as Galaxy. For no other reason other than to keep it all neat.
After the last major Galaxy update, I lost all these install and had to restart all my installs and downloads again. I was wondering if this would have happened had i opted to install all my GoG games into a Directory external to Galaxy?
(eg E:/GoodOldGames)

What do you say tech staff for Galaxy?
Spinorial: Technically, that's not the Galaxy client, just a launcher to enable multiplayer. But yes, they've been promising a clean installer for ages and nothing so far.
Yes, a few games have a temporary launcher app bundled with them to make the multiplayer and auto updates work out of the box. Once the Galaxy client app is released we will remove the launcher from any and all installers to make them fully "offline" once again.
POLE7645: Damn that was fast (especially compared to the gap between 0.2 and 0.4). Is this a sign of more frequent updates? I was worried that a project of this scale would take over a year before coming out of alpha.
We're trying to improve each time, probably you can expect releases to be more frequent (rather weeks not months).
Destro: There would be no point to keep the files in download directory, as the Client does not download installers but a games in pre-installed form already (with some additional scripts / redists included to make the game work).

If you want a backup-able version of the game, you can still download it as a standalone installer and then use it to install the game instead (it will be added to Galaxy)
Yes, I absolutely want backups of my games. So there is no way to backup a game that was downloaded with Galaxy? If I want a backup I have to use GOG Downloader? So GOG is going to maintain two different versions of every game, one compatible with each form of delivery?

I look forward to seeing how long that lasts.
Destro: There would be no point to keep the files in download directory, as the Client does not download installers but a games in pre-installed form already (with some additional scripts / redists included to make the game work).

If you want a backup-able version of the game, you can still download it as a standalone installer and then use it to install the game instead (it will be added to Galaxy)
HeDanny: Yes, I absolutely want backups of my games. So there is no way to backup a game that was downloaded with Galaxy? If I want a backup I have to use GOG Downloader? So GOG is going to maintain two different versions of every game, one compatible with each form of delivery?

I look forward to seeing how long that lasts.
No - both options are already built into the Galaxy - you can either
a) install the game and take advantage of auto patching and some other cool things we're planning
b) download a standalone installer (no need to use Downloader anymore)

What I was specifically referring to in my post, is that in scenario "a" game files are downloaded in pre-installed form, so there would be no point to leave a copy in the temporary downloads folder as it would be simply a copy of the resulting folder with the game installation.

Speaking technically about backups, there are two things you can do:
- you can download standalone installers using website or the Client. If all you want is to have a backup and don't plan to play the game now or use Galaxy then this is a suggested way. At any point you can install these games and even import them to Galaxy if you will change your mind.
- you can also install the game using Client and then backup the resulting installation in any way you wish. As the game is installed already, some titles may have external dependencies, so while we can't guarantee that such installed game will work if you copy-paste it from the backup into a freshly installed system, you will be able to add game in such form back to Galaxy on that system to repair the installation (not sure if this is the case in the Windows build already or not, so this is to my best knowledge).
Post edited March 25, 2015 by Destro
Destro: No - both options are already built into the Galaxy - you can either
a) install the game and take advantage of auto patching and some other cool things we're planning
b) download a standalone installer (no need to use Downloader anymore)
oh thank god! (er, gog). That's Awesome. I had horrific visions of how catastrophic doubling your workload was going end up for you in the end.

If you would be so kind as to point out to me how I switch between the two in the client, that would be great.

Can I download the installer for a game already installed directly? (eg: for use on another PC with out Galaxy, and no internet).

I'd check myself, but right now Galaxy is refusing to show any of my games. It tells me at the top how many Galaxy ready games I have, but the main part where the shelf / List normally shows is just a spinning "working" circle with the words "No Results found". Sort of like I have searched for something that isn't there, but I didn't do a search. All I did was click the "My Library" tab.

Never seen that before. Might have found a bug. I .. might have just helped!
HeDanny: If you would be so kind as to point out to me how I switch between the two in the client, that would be great.

Can I download the installer for a game already installed directly? (eg: for use on another PC with out Galaxy, and no internet).
Once you click on any game card, at the top click 'Downloads' and you can download the installer from there. I still keep GOG Downloader installed because this only works for Galaxy games right now.

HeDanny: I'd check myself, but right now Galaxy is refusing to show any of my games. It tells me at the top how many Galaxy ready games I have, but the main part where the shelf / List normally shows is just a spinning "working" circle with the words "No Results found". Sort of like I have searched for something that isn't there, but I didn't do a search. All I did was click the "My Library" tab.

I'm having that issue occasionally as well. Just click on the words 'My Purchases' up top if you can to refresh the page, otherwise close and re-open the client if you can't.
Destro: [..]
- you can download standalone installers using website or the Client. If all you want is to have a backup and don't plan to play the game now or use Galaxy then this is a suggested way. At any point you can install these games and even import them to Galaxy if you will change your mind[..]
I'm confused.. are you saying that standalone setups and Galaxy are mutually exclusive? O_o
Also, what do you mean with "Client"?
(I'm asking some info, because I can't try the alpha myself)

My dream-idea about Galaxy was like:
1- check new\modified games\bonuses.
2- if needed, download\update their installers to a custom folder.
3- extract optional bonuses to another custom folder.
4- choose a game or install it from my downloaded setups.
5- play it.
6- goto 1

Is this impossible, then? : (
Post edited March 25, 2015 by phaolo
HeDanny: I'd check myself, but right now Galaxy is refusing to show any of my games. It tells me at the top how many Galaxy ready games I have, but the main part where the shelf / List normally shows is just a spinning "working" circle with the words "No Results found". Sort of like I have searched for something that isn't there, but I didn't do a search. All I did was click the "My Library" tab.

Can you verify if you see the same issue when visiting https://embed.gog.com/library/windows? Also is the problem gone after restarting the Client?

This should not be happening and so far we had no luck with replicating this issue...

Destro: Can you verify if you see the same issue when visiting https://embed.gog.com/library/windows? Also is the problem gone after restarting the Client?

This should not be happening and so far we had no luck with replicating this issue...
In both the Galaxy client and the link that you posted, every 4 or 5 times when I access that page, I either get the 'working circle' or this (see attachment, taken from web browser). Otherwise it works normally.
Attachments:
account.png (40 Kb)
phaolo: I'm confused.. are you saying that standalone setups and Galaxy are mutually exclusive? O_o
No. You can download standalone setups from Galaxy client, install them, then Galaxy should pick them up correctly. Client is used to signify the full Galaxy experience, not the Galaxy framework that's installed with AvP and the other games.
phaolo: My dream-idea about Galaxy was like:
1- check new\modified games\bonuses.
2- if needed, download\update their installers in a custom folder.
3- extract optional bonuses to another custom folder.
4- choose and install a game from my downloaded setups.
5- play it.
6- goto 1

Is this impossible, then? : (
It is all possible but only with some manual work on your end.

From game installation & updating point of view (as Galaxy is also about community, game features & multiplayer), the default flow this app is built for is to 1-click install games, have keep them always up to date. However, Galaxy is not an app to automatically dump all and every installer / update / goodie to your hard drive and auto-update that backup.

At some point in future we're planning to open protocols used by Galaxy so I'm sure somebody will be able to build such thing. And of course you're most welcome to suggest such feature using community wishlist or mantis.

Destro: Can you verify if you see the same issue when visiting https://embed.gog.com/library/windows? Also is the problem gone after restarting the Client?

SCPM: In both the Galaxy client and the link that you posted, every 4 or 5 times when I access that page, I either get the 'working circle' or this (see attachment, taken from web browser). Otherwise it works normally.
Yup, just noticed the same after checking this page remotely. Thanks!
Post edited March 25, 2015 by Destro
After last update client seems kind of laggy in comparison to earlier builds. Needs more time to get library section.

btw, is it normal client shows different available games in windows and osx library? I mean like Bard's Tale already available under osx but not in windows.
Post edited March 25, 2015 by mike_cesara