It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

bler144: They make fantastic jars.

Very useful.
zeogold: I dunno, I've always found them to be fairly traumatizing.
...or, in other words, I find them jarring.
Ahaha! Ahahahaha! Get it? Jarring? AHHH-HA-HA-HA-H-
...hey! HEY! No kicking Puzzle-Bot! I almost got shot in the nards to build this thing and I'm not about to have you animals scratching the paint!
Thank you....
zeogold: I dunno, I've always found them to be fairly traumatizing.
...or, in other words, I find them jarring.
Ahaha! Ahahahaha! Get it? Jarring? AHHH-HA-HA-HA-H-
...hey! HEY! No kicking Puzzle-Bot! I almost got shot in the nards to build this thing and I'm not about to have you animals scratching the paint!
flubbucket: Thank you....
I'd test out the built-in self-defense techniques to make it kick you back, but then it'd be kicking the bucket, and we all know why THAT'S a bad idea.
....HEY! YOU OVER THERE! PUT DOWN THAT PITCHFORK! PUT IT DOWN, I SAY!
The bell tolls 4pm. The Day is passing rapidly, and the time of curfew will soon be here. If a decision is not made soon, then that will be a decision in and of itself.

Vote Count:
agentcarr16 - 3 (Zeogold, A_Future_Pilot, drealmer7)
drealmer - 5 (Lifthrasil, agentcarr16, JMich, trentonlf, Leonard03)

Not Voting:
yogsloth, Hunter65536, CSPVG, flubbucket, Krypsyn

Drealmer is the closest to lynch, at L - 2.
With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline: Monday, Jan 11.
Mod notice
Please be advised that I was reviewing some stuff for the game, and I noticed a partial mistake with the first Game-End condition. It should read "-All Living players (revived and dead players are ignored) have met their win condition or are unable to meet their win condition." I've already made the update.

I will be PMing each player to make clear when they will no longer be a block to this game end condition.
Example:
Say Wyrm's goal is to kill Bler and Adalia.
Wyrm will block this game end condition until at least one of the following are true:
1) Wyrm is no longer living (regardless of whether he is active).
2) Wyrm has killed them both
3) Wyrm's targets are no longer killable by Wyrm
4) A combination of 2 and 3 (like Wyrm killed Bler, but Adalia is no longer killable).

This game end condition will be checked at the end of each Day and each Night.
If Wyrm was the last player that hadn't met his condition on Day 5, AND Bler was still alive, AND Wyrm was the lynch, THEN the game would end with that lynch (no Night phase). If, instead, Wyrm was the last one that hadn't met his condition on Night 4, and Wyrm kills Bler (Adalia is already gone), then the game would end at the end of Night 4.
Post edited January 11, 2016 by Bookwyrm627
Bookwyrm627: Mod notice
Please be advised that I was reviewing some stuff for the game, and I noticed a partial mistake with the first Game-End condition. It should read "-All Living players (revived and dead players are ignored) have met their win condition or are unable to meet their win condition." I've already made the update.

I will be PMing each player to make clear when they will no longer be a block to this game end condition.
Example:
Say Wyrm's goal is to kill Bler and Adalia.
Wyrm will block this game end condition until at least one of the following are true:
1) Wyrm is no longer living (regardless of whether he is active).
2) Wyrm has killed them both
3) Wyrm's targets are no longer killable by Wyrm
4) A combination of 2 and 3 (like Wyrm killed Bler, but Adalia is no longer killable).

This game end condition will be checked at the end of each Day and each Night.
If Wyrm was the last player that hadn't met his condition on Day 5, AND Bler was still alive, AND Wyrm was the lynch, THEN the game would end with that lynch (no Night phase). If, instead, Wyrm was the last one that hadn't met his condition on Night 4, and Wyrm kills Bler (Adalia is already gone), then the game would end at the end of Night 4.
What the bloody fuck are you on about?

I'm trying to catch up.
Leonard03: Unvote: agentcarr
Vote: drealmer

'Cause it's time to move things along. (Ya I'm an alternative fan :P
Wait, what happened to this lenny? I thought you would think a bit rather than jump on wagons.

Leonard03: Got it.

Ok, so doesn't anybody else find it funny that agentcarr said there was only neutral survivors? I'm not a neutral survivor, I'm town. Since he doesn't think there are any town... he must not be town.
My vote is not RVS.
yogsloth: What the bloody fuck are you on about?

I'm trying to catch up.
Heh.
So here’s where I’m at, people.

Here I am, stepping into the fray with only hours to go ‘til the deadline, so little time to waste. And hey look – another game where nothing makes sense and the usual rules got pooped on, set on fire, and thrown out of a moving airplane. Just great. Can’t I just be a goddamn “Town Cop” for once? Or, I mean, for a 3rd time. Whatever. Anyway. I don’t know who wants to kill me, but at least I can finally say “hooray, I’m not Scum!” You know exactly what I mean, people.

Not a whole lot of juicy potatoes out there, but yes, I’ve sifted through what precious little hoo-haa there is, and Day 1 blah de blah de bloop and there are only two candidates with the muscle to reach the finish line, so I mainly concentrated on those two. While agent makes for a beautiful office window, there’s not much doubt I’d rather go the other way.

This is the part that just ain’t gonna work for me:

drealmer7: adaliabooks was the one who was poisoned. This makes me think there is a witchdoctor in the game, who can heal and who can poison, in my understanding, this is actually a pro-town role, and if this is true, krypsyn is either a witch or a witch-hunter as stated, and needs to be watched either way.
That patented drealmer RP freestyle don’t bother me a bit, but I don’t know shit about witches or witchdoctors other than I do not automatically assume that Nganga hanging out over there with the fistful of shrunken heads is a “pro-Town role”. How you even got from point a to point b on that one is beyond me.

I’ll chew it over for a bit and see who comes up with what, but yah, I’m most likely puttin’ my vote down on drealmer from my comfy office chair some time tomorrow before the deadline.

PS: Anybody yammering on about having a “Pro-Town” role can go piss right up a flagpole.
CSPVG: stuff
A_Future_Pilot: stuff
2 day mark is on posts 323 and below. End-of-weekend pokes.

Presumably with the weekend over and deadline coming up we'll see a Monday flurry.
eh, I think the likelihood of a witch or some sort of role that I was talking about is quite small

I like to consider possibilities, I wasn't trying to say I was even 20% confident that there is such a thing

that's not the issue at hand, either, the issue really at hand is:

if there's really a lone wolf merc. (as agent claims to be) as well as a team of mercs (which I am on) who are both trying to help the town reach peace

If agent's claim is true, then my thought is the mayor royally fucked up on trying to protect town that way because we should be hired to work together, like the rest of my team. I'll say it again: I'm on a team of mercs who are trying to kill the assassins and restore peace, I know who each of them are, and agent is not one of them.

Korgan Bloodaxe wasn't a loner at all, either, in case anyone doesn't know. He got hired to go with a group. He got along best if the group was of bad-guys/did things for money and not for good, and gave constant shit to do-gooders. My guess is he (agent) was hired by asssassins and is a solo merc working for them, which is why he talked about "mercs doing it for money." Also, Korgan is my favorite BG2 character, btw.

So, yeah, it's probably this:

2 groups of 2 assassins = 4
each assassin group has 1 merc each (agentcarr is one of these) = 2
4 townies
3 mercs in a group trying to help town

There's our 13.

Anything else anyone want me to address game-wise?
Sorry everyone, I've been battling a poor connection all weekend. Everything seems to be sorted now, though, so once I'm done catching up, I'll post something about the game.
So, I haven't arranged any of this into a very coherent format, but I want to get this out, as our deadline is looming. So, here are my notes.

369 - drealmer - An, "Oh, so town post." Don't really like it.

382 - trentonlf - Says that drealmer and agent both claimed 'merc'. Not sure if true, will have to double check. If true, possible grounds for voting drealmer for LAL due to earlier RPing of lady of easy virtue. Not sure if I've got this right.

384 - drealmer - Says he would know if agent was 'town merc', and says that he knows of others that are. How does this work? What powers do the other 'town mercs' possess? Are they able to communicate with one another? If so, it seems a little overpowered to me.

388 + 389 - drealmer - Don't know what to say, really. Strange to me that 'mercs' that are ostensibly town wouldn't just be lumped in with us, the townspeople. Don't really believe drealmer's claims; brings back bad memories of the Town Arsonist incident.

408 - trentonlf - Still don't think that a group of 'mercs' is the case. It makes sense from a flavour perspective that they would know one another, so as to avoid harming one another. From a game play point of view, though, as stated before, a group that I'm assuming is made up of people that have individual powers and knows about one another would be overpowered.

412 - JMich - Don't know whether to nod at JMich's contributions and say, "Oh, so JMich." or whether I should ask for a more substantial contribution. Seems in keeping with my understanding of JMich as a player, though, so the former will have to do for now, I think.

417 - flubbucket - Masons know one another and are town, yes, and it may be the case that the 'mercs' serve as a mason role. However, I find that a little unlikely for many of the reasons discussed above. If they do function as masons and have no other powers, what would their point be from a flavour perspective? Why would someone hire what amounts to common town rabble to hunt down assassins? This makes little sense to me.

430 - drealmer - Makes much more sense to me, from a flavour perspective, that there would be a single 'secret operative' or whatever you would like to call it.

You're suggesting you have two 'teammates', fair enough. I just don't buy it.

I could buy into three, or even four, competing factions, but having hirelings for all the factions seems far fetched to me. I know Bookwyrm said that this game would not be a normal affair, but I find it a little pointless to have some many 'teams' that branch off. I think that the point system would already have instilled enough differing motivations in each team to account for interesting game play, and that a further subdivision of teams would not be required. Then again, this all leads off into theorising territory that we don't really have time for at the moment.

---

I apologise for the rambling nature of my notes.

Lastly, I'm withholding my vote just a little longer to see what everyone has to say. After all, we still have some time yet.
CSPVG: ..........<snip>...........

417 - flubbucket - Masons know one another and are town, yes, and it may be the case that the 'mercs' serve as a mason role. However, I find that a little unlikely for many of the reasons discussed above. If they do function as masons and have no other powers, what would their point be from a flavour perspective? Why would someone hire what amounts to common town rabble to hunt down assassins? This makes little sense to me.

..........<snip>...........
This is a quote from the OP: ..........."The residents demanded the town council do something, so a small mercenary group was hired to help deal with the problem."

drealmer7 had touted this while agentcarr16 claims to be alone.

Vote: agentcarr16
CSPVG: ..........<snip>...........

..........<snip>...........
flubbucket: This is a quote from the OP: ..........."The residents demanded the town council do something, so a small mercenary group was hired to help deal with the problem."

drealmer7 had touted this while agentcarr16 claims to be alone.

Vote: agentcarr16
Hm. This is an interesting observation. The question is, if the group of mercenaries necessarily know each other. But in any case the claim to be a solo merc looks sketchier now. This added to the evil name ... I'll have to go back over agent's posts. Maybe I'll switch votes after that to break the stalemate which you just have re-established.
Lifthrasil: ............. break the stalemate which you just have re-established.
You're welcome =)