It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

QuadrAlien: Requesting replacement.

I don't know if it's because of the flooding and worrying if I can get to and from work this week occupying my mind or just me losing interest for other reasons, but I'm really not feeling up to this right now, sorry.
I hope all works out for you. Be safe!

Keep us posted.
Krypsyn: ........<snip>..........

I need to use a lifeline.

@flubbucket Who do you think is more likely telling the truth between drealmer7 and agentcarra16? drealmer7...

........<snip>..........
If I were forced to shoot one of them I would be tempted to shoot drealmer7 just to shorten the amount of reading I have to do.

But seriously I would shoot agentcarr17 just because the nature of this game leads me to believe a group of mercs instead of a lone wolf.

(For the record, I have no shot. I'm simply using it as a vehicle for my resoluteness.)
flubbucket: If I were forced to shoot one of them I would be tempted to shoot drealmer7 just to shorten the amount of reading I have to do.

But seriously I would shoot agentcarr17 just because the nature of this game leads me to believe a group of mercs instead of a lone wolf.

(For the record, I have no shot. I'm simply using it as a vehicle for my resoluteness.)
agent is claiming to not know of any other mercs and drelamer is saying he knows specific people who are mercs. I find it odd that someone other than scum would know the role of other players on day one.

Here is drealmer's statement:
"One thing I'll say for now is that if agentcarr was also a pro-town merc., that I would probably know about him being such, because I know of others who are, and he's not one of the ones I know to be. Like trent said, we'd know about each other. I don't know about agent, and so that tells me, unless there are other pro-town mercs I don't know about on top of the ones I do know about, that he is likely lying."

Do you think it's possible in this game for neutrals to know each other like drealmer is claiming?
The trouble started when the mayor realized he could test something without having to pay for any damage that occurs as a result. A soldier is sent with a grape that is mostly cut in half. The soldier pops it into the microwave inside the zeo-bot, and sets the timer for 2 minutes. A surprisingly large burst of plasma blew the door open, slamming the hapless soldier into QuadrAlien, who had been standing nearby and watching with interest.

Quad's head collided with a wall, bounced off, then crunched into a rock on the ground. A medic is called, and he indicates that hopefully Quad will be aware and responsive after some rest. Quad briefly regains consciousness; his memory doesn't seem to be affected, except that he keeps insisting he be referred to as "yogsloth".

QuadrAlien has exited the game. Yogsloth has stepped in to replace him. Yog has indicated that he may need 12-24 hours before he can find the time to catch up and maybe post something.

-----

Vote Count:
agentcarr16 - 4 (Leonard03, Zeogold, A_Future_Pilot, drealmer7)
drealmer - 4 (Lifthrasil, agentcarr16, JMich, trentonlf)

Not Voting:
yogsloth, Hunter65536, CSPVG, flubbucket, Krypsyn

Agent and Drealmer are the closest to lynch, at L - 3 each.
With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline: Monday, Jan 11.
Bookwyrm627: Deadline: Monday, Jan 11.
Perhaps it is noted somewhere and I just haven't noted it, but is there a specific time on said date?

Hasn't been mentioned in the last few counts at least.
trentonlf: Here is drealmer's statement:
"One thing I'll say for now is that if agentcarr was also a pro-town merc., that I would probably know about him being such, because I know of others who are, and he's not one of the ones I know to be. Like trent said, we'd know about each other. I don't know about agent, and so that tells me, unless there are other pro-town mercs I don't know about on top of the ones I do know about, that he is likely lying."

Do you think it's possible in this game for neutrals to know each other like drealmer is claiming?
A lot of things are possible in a game like this. It is possible that drealmer's claim is true. But it is equally possible that he is lying to paint agent in a worse light than himself, to save his own ass. I would still say it is viable to lynch any of the two. drealmers behaviour was decidedly anti-town, which doesn't fit with his pro-town claim. agents name is that of an evil merc, which doesn't fit to a pro-town merc either. Whom we lynch is basically a question whether we put more weight on a name or on behaviour. I am trying to judge by behaviour, therefore my vote is on drealmer. But as I stated the names seem to have meaning in this game too and agent wasn't a shining example of pro-townyness either, so if we can get no majority on drealmer, I would switch to agent before risking a no lynch.

Question to the mods: when exactly does the deadline strike? Tonight, as soon as the day changes to 11-th? Or some time tomorrow?
Yay, I have someone to vote for tomorrow!
Welcome yog.
Bookwyrm627: Deadline: Monday, Jan 11.
bler144: Perhaps it is noted somewhere and I just haven't noted it, but is there a specific time on said date?

Hasn't been mentioned in the last few counts at least.
Lifthrasil: Question to the mods: when exactly does the deadline strike? Tonight, as soon as the day changes to 11-th? Or some time tomorrow?
Found it in the FAQ section:
"-For reference, I'm running on EST. Major mod actions (ex. fully opening/closing a Day, kicking off the game, daily vote count) by me are likely to occur between 7-10pm EST (midnight-3am GMT). I do tend to haunt the forums during the day (my time), and I'll try to be responsive to questions, but I may wait on the major actions if I think I need the time to put something together. I don't know why it surprised me, but flavor writing takes longer than I expected."

What this means in regard to the No Lynch Deadline (all times EST, applicable to all Lynch Deadlines): You're probably fine until around 5pm of the deadline's date. Once 6pm rolls around, you start more seriously running the risk of me closing the Day with No Lynch. Starting around 7pm, you are playing with fire: I may close the Day any minute, depending on how RL is going for me that evening. By 10pm or 11pm, I'm very likely going to close the Day as soon as I get online.

If things are really hopping and I think I'll have the time to close the Day later, then I may wait some.
If the thread is dead, I may say something like "Everyone seems to have drifted to their beds already. Night has fallen."
I'm really cranky, then I may say something along the lines of "You've had 6 days to discuss this. Night has fallen, nobody gets lynched, sucks to your ass-mar."
Post edited January 10, 2016 by Bookwyrm627
drealmer7: [...]
One thing I'll say for now is that if agentcarr was also a pro-town merc., that I would probably know about him being such, because I know of others who are, and he's not one of the ones I know to be.
[...]
Heh. So Merc = Informed Town.

Interesting.

drealmer7: [...]
3.) there are pro-town mercs I am not aware of (this just doesn't make sense, I was hired by the mayor, I think the mayor would have told me ALL of the mercs he hired)
[...]
Maybe. Maybe the mayor is paranoid about having X allied mercenaries running around his town, when he barely has enough guards to contain this war.

Krypsyn: [...]
On the other hand, agentcarra16 seems to be making very short and careful posts; sort of like scum trying to hide in a crowd.
[...]
You could look like it like that, but I'm actually just tired of writing Walls 'O' Text. This one is as far as I'll go.

Krypsyn: She is wearing this girdle.
Is there anyone here who wouldn't mind casting Remove Curse?

Krypsyn: [...]
It is certainly a coincidence that agentcarra16's in-game name is Korgan. I am not sure what to think of it; I don't like coincidence (they are like assumptions, that way).
[...]
That girdle is from Baldur's Gate? Huh. Now that I think about it, I remember finding that and being really weirded out.

flubbucket: [...]
a group of mercs instead of a lone wolf.
[...]
I'd expect a group of mercs as well, so I'm not surprised that drealmer7 is claiming merc. However, it seems overpowered to have them know each other, and his claimed 'motivation' doesn't match what I'd expect.
Unvote: agentcarr
Vote: drealmer

'Cause it's time to move things along. (Ya I'm an alternative fan :P
Leonard03: Unvote: agentcarr
Vote: drealmer

'Cause it's time to move things along. (Ya I'm an alternative fan :P
"because it's time to move things along" ???, even though the deadline is less than 24 hours away at this point? kryps hasn't decided where to put his vote, nor flub (except maybe he's leaning partially in favor of lynching agent?), nor have we heard from yogsloth. odd timing of your vote switch, I must say. and you do it not because you find me to be more likely a bad guy opposed to agentcarr? hmhmmmmm
flubbucket: If I were forced to shoot one of them I would be tempted to shoot drealmer7 just to shorten the amount of reading I have to do.

trentonlf: agent is claiming to not know of any other mercs and drelamer is saying he knows specific people who are mercs. I find it odd that someone other than scum would know the role of other players on day one.

Here is drealmer's statement:

Masons know each other and are town.
flubbucket: Masons know each other and are town.
I always forget about Masons. It would be odd for a group of neutrals to know each other at the start but not out of the realm of possibility I guess.
trentonlf: I always forget about Masons.
They make fantastic jars.

Very useful.

Bookwyrm627: Found it in the FAQ section:
"-For reference, I'm running on EST. Major mod actions (ex. fully opening/closing a Day, kicking off the game, daily vote count) by me are likely to occur between 7-10pm EST (midnight-3am GMT). I do tend to haunt the forums during the day (my time), and I'll try to be responsive to questions, but I may wait on the major actions if I think I need the time to put something together. I don't know why it surprised me, but flavor writing takes longer than I expected."
Thanks, very helpful. I had 'evening' in the back of my mind but couldn't remember where it was noted or the specifics.
trentonlf: I always forget about Masons.
bler144: They make fantastic jars.

Very useful.
I dunno, I've always found them to be fairly traumatizing.
...or, in other words, I find them jarring.
Ahaha! Ahahahaha! Get it? Jarring? AHHH-HA-HA-HA-H-
...hey! HEY! No kicking Puzzle-Bot! I almost got shot in the nards to build this thing and I'm not about to have you animals scratching the paint!