It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Redeem 17 Steam games DRM-free | Check out 300+ deals up to -90%!

Have you heard? School is (finally) back in session! And so is <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span>, in time for the 2016 GOG.com Back to School Sale. All in all, it's great games up to 90% off, new game collections and deals added every day, as well as 17 titles to grow your DRM-free library with GOG Connect.

No need for long faces - after all going back to school is a wonderful opportunity to learn new things, make new friends, and even expand your gaming horizons during these cold after-school evenings. This year's curriculum consists of 300+ deals up to 90% off, starting with Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition, Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, Day of the Tentacle Remastered, Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition, Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition, and more.

And hey, we did some of the homework for you! Check out our neat game collections: hand-picked selections of series and similar titles we think you'll really enjoy. Whether you grab an entire collection or otherwise, you'll still get the highest available discounts normally reserved for entire bundles only.

New games and collections will be added every day at 10 AM UTC — so check back and look out for more deals. Once added to the Sale, the deals will stick around until its end.

GOG Connect is back — connect your Steam account and add eligible games to your GOG.com library for free. The June premiere of <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span> was a resounding success and we're now happy to announce the second major batch of 17 GOG Connect titles, including:

[i]Hotline Miami
X Rebirth
Anno 1404
Dex
Shadow Warrior 2013[/i]
and more!

Just like last time, these are limited-time offers made possible by our awesome partners!

If you're looking for a place to hang out and discuss which games you picked, how much homework you've got, or the titles you Connected, make sure to stop by our <span class="bold">Facebook event</span>. All the cool kids will be there.

The Back to School Sale will last until Sunday, October 2, 9:59 PM UTC.
Post edited September 26, 2016 by maladr0Id
Nice! a sale on my birthday, just what I wanted :)
Does anyone know whether adding BG;EE affects/overwrite the classic BG in your library, or it simply adds a completely separate game to the shelf?

Since the classic is no longer in the store, I don't want it to be touched, replaced or moved as a mere bonus for BG:EE.

Thanks in advance for the info!
Leroux: Anyway, if I was in your shoes I'd get MDK 1&2 (or at least 2) and Stonekeep, provided you like these kind of games. They're not absolutely must-have games, but they're solid and fun.
dtgreene: I happen to really like Dragon Wars. It's a first-person party based RPG, but unlike other games released around the time (and unlike the Bard's Tale series), it isn't a dungeon crawler. The character creation system is classless with skill points (start with 50 and gain 2 when you level), the game is non-linear, sometimes with multiple solutions (for example, there are several ways to escape Purgatory), and your power mainly comes from the items and spells you find. There's even a New Game+ feature, which allows you to start over with your stats and spells (but not items) intact, and there is even one method of escaping Purgatory that requires New Game+. (Hint: It requires a mandatory (for beating the game) spell that, in other RPGs, would not work anywhere you *really* want it to.)
Thanks to both of you for replying. I got MDK, Stonekeep and Dragon Wars. And Redneck Rampage, again for nostalgia (and the off chance it's actually really good and my memory isn't serving me well).
Spectrum_Legacy: Does anyone know whether adding BG;EE affects/overwrite the classic BG in your library, or it simply adds a completely separate game to the shelf?

Since the classic is no longer in the store, I don't want it to be touched, replaced or moved as a mere bonus for BG:EE.

Both BGEE and BGEE2 come with a bonus copy of the original BG and BG2 games respectively. They new games are independent of anything you may have on your shelf, and the bonus games are individual GOG keys to redeem or give away to someone else IIRC.
Oh bummer, I have the Anno 1404 limited collectors edition, but it doesn't use steam.
BaronOfBarons: Is Van Helsing Final Cut bugged for anyone else? I own it on Steam, but GOG Connect isn't recognizing it.
Same issue here.
(Sigh) I've got a massive backlog and NaNoWriMo coming up. Unless something I really want pops up, no games for me.
Does anyone have experience with running Messiah, Die by the Sword or Shogo on Win 8? Just asking to find out whether it might be worth risking a purchase despite the lack of official support (as I do have a few unsupported games that run fine on my Win 8.1 nevertheless) or whether they are definitely broken on that OS.
Thank you, GOG!
Really happy there are more games available for GOGConnect (even if none I own on Steam)! IT'S STILL ALIVE!! :D

Thanks!

And great sale, too!
vicklemos: Titles?
You mean those 477 games you guys have in here!? :P
DAMN!

Mr. Thom, trust me on this: there's not a single GOG user who doesn't own a single THQNordic game in his/her libray. Heck, I didn't even know I had 10+ of your games ;P
skeletonbow: It would seem that I own 28 THQ Nordic games on GOG at the moment. No easy way to calculate it in a jiffy but I think that's more than I own from other single publisher out of 507 titles owned. :)
See? Told ya! :)
I mean, so many titles, mostly good/great ones, so it's pretty natural, right?
Leroux: Sword or Shogo on Win 8?
Howdy Leroy! ;)
Shogo ran 101% from start to finish on my win 8.1 machine, can honestly say ;)
Post edited September 26, 2016 by vicklemos
I hope GOG support can do something about redeeming ANNO 1404: GOLD EDITION from Steam, where it is known as DAWN OF DISCOVERY: GOLD

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/3047/
Spectrum_Legacy: Does anyone know whether adding BG;EE affects/overwrite the classic BG in your library, or it simply adds a completely separate game to the shelf?

skeletonbow: Both BGEE and BGEE2 come with a bonus copy of the original BG and BG2 games respectively. They new games are independent of anything you may have on your shelf, and the bonus games are individual GOG keys to redeem or give away to someone else IIRC.
I got BGEE added to my library as part of GOG Connect but I'm unable to find the classic version in my library or any code/key to redeem it. Am I missing something or is classic excluded from GOG Connect?
"OlliOlli" doesn't work either. :(

Installed this blasted Steam Client just for being able to redeem my old steam key here.
It's in my library "over there" now, but GOG connect still says "NO ELIGIBLE GAMES FOUND"
even after refreshing the page and clicking the refresh button again.

All privacy settings are set to public.
Post edited September 26, 2016 by Klumpen0815
vicklemos: Howdy Leroy! ;)
Shogo ran 101% from start to finish on my win 8.1 machine, can honestly say ;)
Thanks! Then it might be worth a try.