It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Vamps for 3-0 win over Mainosmies Chaos!

The first half went pretty much how i wanted, but on the second half i got severly beaten. both thrall and vamps off the pitch.

At the end of the match couple vamps got CAS'ed - but both regened. One lvl2 thrall got dead and the lone lvl3 kick-wrestle thrall got -ST -> fired.

I ended up having to pay pretty big for the win as my thralls just dont stay alive enough. atm i think i have once again just one lvl2 thrall...so bit vamp heavy as usual ;)

But very fun match to play!
iippo: Vamps for 3-0 win over Mainosmies Chaos!

The first half went pretty much how i wanted, but on the second half i got severly beaten. both thrall and vamps off the pitch.

At the end of the match couple vamps got CAS'ed - but both regened. One lvl2 thrall got dead and the lone lvl3 kick-wrestle thrall got -ST -> fired.

I ended up having to pay pretty big for the win as my thralls just dont stay alive enough. atm i think i have once again just one lvl2 thrall...so bit vamp heavy as usual ;)

It sure was gory match. I noticed how hard picking up a ball is as I witnessed a beastman trying to get that damn ball to its hands for two rounds. It costed me an easy TD right at the end of the first half.

I also had an opportunity to make an touchdown at the end of the second half. Beastman failed to catch a ball one square away and that was it...

Here's the replay: https://www.dropbox.com/s/k4xs2c49fqkyc2z/Weekly_S3_D1_R12_Iipp0_Mainosmies.db
iippo: Vamps for 3-0 win over Mainosmies Chaos!

Mainosmies: It sure was gory match. I noticed how hard picking up a ball is as I witnessed a beastman trying to get that damn ball to its hands for two rounds. It costed me an easy TD right at the end of the first half.

I also had an opportunity to make an touchdown at the end of the second half. Beastman failed to catch a ball one square away and that was it...

Here's the replay: https://www.dropbox.com/s/k4xs2c49fqkyc2z/Weekly_S3_D1_R12_Iipp0_Mainosmies.db
-> also starring TD by Thrall (gasp!)
JudasIscariot: For me, it's not the skills that are the problem it's actually levelling the players as I noticed that mine tend to get injured quickly on every fresh match.
Welcome to my entire god damned season.
JudasIscariot: For me, it's not the skills that are the problem it's actually levelling the players as I noticed that mine tend to get injured quickly on every fresh match.
rcthedigitalhero: Welcome to my entire god damned season.
Heh.

Welcome to my entire time playing :)

Really, I am starting to think that I am just not good at this game. I just got decimated by a rookie, in terms of SPP and TV, Norse team and I didn't even lay a scratch on them. Just seems like whether I try to have any tactics by leaving players in the back to cover the defense doesn't do anything and any attempts at blocking them at the line of scrimmage also does nothing.

Oh well, maybe I'll get better. Sorry for the whining but I just spent the entire weekend practicing both against the AI and human opponents.
Blood Bowl IS difficult and not as easy to learn as many other games.
I'd recommend reading some guides, it really helps.
match between me and Cheongzewei will begin in about 20 mins
http://www.twitch.tv/kanarekmichal
In a horrid display of snake eyes and ingenious pushing, The sewer rats managed an early touchdown on my own drive...

We pushed and scored on turn 8.

half time.

I've been hurting players left and right, but I couldn't hurt a gutter runner that managed to escape my slow dwarves, and scored to his victory.

it was a fun game, overall.

I lost, but it didn't felt that I lost, haha.

1 for prize money? 20k only? I don't even mind.
Post edited January 27, 2014 by cheongzewei
JudasIscariot: Won't fit in the name field :P
WBGhiro: T.M.N.N
How about TeeMuNiNu? ;) It almost rhymes ...

In other news: It's Monday evening now and Vohaul still hasn't responded to my friend request on Steam. I'm also monitoring all other channels (GOG PMs, Steam chat, even the Blood Bow in-game message system) in case he's trying to contact me as well.
Psyringe: How about TeeMuNiNu? ;) It almost rhymes ...

In other news: It's Monday evening now and Vohaul still hasn't responded to my friend request on Steam. I'm also monitoring all other channels (GOG PMs, Steam chat, even the Blood Bow in-game message system) in case he's trying to contact me as well.
i tried earlier forwarding the message via Mainosmies, but apparently "no catch yet" :/
Screams of Frogs vs. The Armored Seagulls to commence shortly!

I am still debating a Nurgle team. Just tried out a few games in Matchmaking with them and it's like I had nothing but paper dolls, so many injuries :D

I might start an all new Chaos team if we are doing the reset :D

JudasIscariot: I am still debating a Nurgle team. Just tried out a few games in Matchmaking with them and it's like I had nothing but paper dolls, so many injuries :D

I might start an all new Chaos team if we are doing the reset :D
Nurgle teams have same AV as chaos, except Nurgle has at most 9 players with regen, while chaos has none. The weakness of Nurgle team are the line rotters - they are 20k cheaper than the chaos beastmen and you get them for free when you kill opponents player, but they also come with "decay". Meaning when their armor is broken and they get injured, they get two injuries instead of one..

But then again, they are that 20k cheaper.
MUTANT NINJA NURGLES!