It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

In other news, I'm back from voting (sadly noticing that no one except myself seemed to be celebrating Towel Day), and Piranjade and me will try to play the final later today. Probably starting at some time between 8 or 8:30 PM (German time), but it may depend on the cooperation of an assistant coach - we'll keep you informed. :)
Post edited May 25, 2014 by Psyringe
Psyringe: I think we could perhaps use some more incentive to put a team into the first division, and one such incentive could be the prize distribution. One of the main reasons for having the prize pool was always to give the players who are having a hard time something fun that they can look forward to at the end of the season. So I'm planning to distribute the prizes for season 6 like this:
- first the 8 teams that made it into the play-offs
- then positions 5-10 of division 1
- then positions 5-10 of division 2

This way, good playing still gets rewarded, but voluntarily dropping into the second division becomes risky with regard to prizes. However, I'm reluctant to decide that on my own, since it could also benefit my own team. So I'm open to suggestions/feedback.
The main advantage i see with the teams being split based on team value is that new teams have a chance to gain a skill or two before facing the older teams. For me the gained skills are what gives a team an advantage in general. With the proposed setup will give newer teams a chance to do that, while the more mature teams can just play against more equal opponents.

Your proposal sounds more like it aims to get people to reuse teams than aiming at playing better. Because you only need high tv for it to get in (i mean if i used my vamps i would have had spot 7 in the first division, while im not a good coach with the vamps). I mean if you are afraid that people go down in tv to have an advantage when playing with less mature team will this not do a lot, they would still have a small advantage and a bigger shot at being in position 1-4 than for example a fresh team. Or did season 6 have some other way how you can determine in what division you will be in?
iippo: Has anyone planned on streaming the finals?
Piranjade: I haven't because
1. I don't know how to do that
2. I have a very low internet connection
3. I'm not sure my computer could even manage it
it would seem, that ive managed to figure out how to stream it - if i can get into your match ofcourse.

cant promise i can watch it all the time though, so it could be i need to put it on autocam or something then :/

well what do you know, if i turn the pitch sideways, it can actually show the whole pitch pretty decently.
Post edited May 25, 2014 by iippo
arnob8911: The main advantage i see with the teams being split based on team value is that new teams have a chance to gain a skill or two before facing the older teams. For me the gained skills are what gives a team an advantage in general. With the proposed setup will give newer teams a chance to do that, while the more mature teams can just play against more equal opponents.
I agree that the opportunity to gain more skills is important, though I'm not too concerned about that, since I believe we already have a good solution for that issue. With the cycle that the admins introduced before the last season started (all new teams -> tiered divisions -> free for all -> repeat), new team will face other new teams (either exclusively, or at least mostly) in 2/3 of all seasons, so the opportunity to build up a new team in a somewhat "protected" setting will always be there.

arnob8911: Your proposal sounds more like it aims to get people to reuse teams than aiming at playing better. Because you only need high tv for it to get in (i mean if i used my vamps i would have had spot 7 in the first division, while im not a good coach with the vamps).
I see your point, but I disagree that "playing better" will be rewarded any less. Reaching (say) 6th spot in a division that has several teams that are much more developed than yours, _would_ most likely require better playing skills than reaching 6th spot in a division where everyone starts more or less on equal footing, I think. In fact my main concern is that the low-TV teams in division 1 are currently getting the short end of the stick in several respects even if they _do_ play skillfully, which the planned prize distribution is intended to offset a bit.
arnob8911: Or did season 6 have some other way how you can determine in what division you will be in?
The season structure is explained in this post, starting somewhere in the middle.
arnob8911: Or did season 6 have some other way how you can determine in what division you will be in?
Piranjade: The season structure is explained in this post, starting somewhere in the middle.
I read that post before replying to psyringe, so i was a little confused and just assumed that he made a typo or expected the 6th season to follow the same rules as season 5. But because i was confused i added that comment.

Psyringe: I see your point, but I disagree that "playing better" will be rewarded any less. Reaching (say) 6th spot in a division that has several teams that are much more developed than yours, _would_ most likely require better playing skills than reaching 6th spot in a division where everyone starts more or less on equal footing, I think. In fact my main concern is that the low-TV teams in division 1 are currently getting the short end of the stick in several respects even if they _do_ play skillfully, which the planned prize distribution is intended to offset a bit.
Still not sure if the way you propose is the best. It still feels like it encourages reuse of teams more than rewarding good play. A smaller way to do something similar is giving div 1 players first pick over those on the same position in div 2. Just have the number 5th div 1 pick before number 5 div 2 and so on. That way skill in any division gets rewarded a bit more fairly in my opinion.
just a quick question,when will the finals happen?
Piranjade: The season structure is explained in this post, starting somewhere in the middle.
l0rdtr3k: just a quick question,when will the finals happen?
In about an hour, maybe a little earlier.
Look at this thread for an announcement starting 30 minutes from now. We don't have an exact fixed time because it depends a bit on how well Piranjade's small kid will sleep - I wouldn't want her to feel forced to meet a given time while her kid is crying. But we will give a heads-up here in the thread.
Psyringe: I think we could perhaps use some more incentive to put a team into the first division, and one such incentive could be the prize distribution. One of the main reasons for having the prize pool was always to give the players who are having a hard time something fun that they can look forward to at the end of the season. So I'm planning to distribute the prizes for season 6 like this:
- first the 8 teams that made it into the play-offs
- then positions 5-10 of division 1
- then positions 5-10 of division 2

This way, good playing still gets rewarded, but voluntarily dropping into the second division becomes risky with regard to prizes. However, I'm reluctant to decide that on my own, since it could also benefit my own team. So I'm open to suggestions/feedback.
Interesting idea - but my first thought is to always follow the "KISS" -principle - that is, "keep it simple, stupid".

My hope is that people would be thinking which team they might enjoys most vs which team would bring the best prizes.

Also personally i wouldnt mind being placed to div 1 with fresh team, but the "exception road" is treacherous. I think we will eventually have brainstorm with the admins about the prizes - but all opinions and suggestions are ofcourse more than welcome.

----

If the finalist could kindly give me a shout when youre about to play, i can try to stream the match over twitch.

http://www.twitch.tv/iippo
Post edited May 25, 2014 by iippo
Psyringe: Look at this thread for an announcement starting 30 minutes from now. We don't have an exact fixed time because it depends a bit on how well Piranjade's small kid will sleep - I wouldn't want her to feel forced to meet a given time while her kid is crying. But we will give a heads-up here in the thread.
The project "go-to-bed-PLEASE" is being worked on right now.
But as far as I know people who aren't in the league right now cannot watch the match in the BB spectator mode because the league is set to "private". That's something I would like to change for future seasons if possible.
Psyringe: Look at this thread for an announcement starting 30 minutes from now. We don't have an exact fixed time because it depends a bit on how well Piranjade's small kid will sleep - I wouldn't want her to feel forced to meet a given time while her kid is crying. But we will give a heads-up here in the thread.
Piranjade: The project "go-to-bed-PLEASE" is being worked on right now.
But as far as I know people who aren't in the league right now cannot watch the match in the BB spectator mode because the league is set to "private". That's something I would like to change for future seasons if possible.
Have the little one listen to some U.S. Senate fillibustering speeches or something equally boring :D
Piranjade: The project "go-to-bed-PLEASE" is being worked on right now.
JudasIscariot: Have the little one listen to some U.S. Senate fillibustering speeches or something equally boring :D
i believe that is violation of human rights.
JudasIscariot: Have the little one listen to some U.S. Senate fillibustering speeches or something equally boring :D
iippo: i believe that is violation of human rights.
No, you're thinking of the British Parliament sessions :P
I hope her kid is not like me when I was little. I always, always, resented going to bed early. Over the years, my parents would - each and every night - remove the fuse that controlled the power in my room. Which led to countless hours of reading with a torch under my blanket. Later, when I had a computer, I would wait until I heard my parents snoring, and then plug in a well-hidden extension cord to get power from the bathroom. Nowadays, decades after moving out, I still prefer to sleep during the day, and be awake at night. :)