It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

WereCrow: I just wanted to add my 2 cents to the recent discussion. I'd be in favor of a total reset after every season. Either that or players would have to be forced to stick with their teams. The reason is that as its clear from the standings in both divisions there are almost only returning teams that are at the top of the standings.
If i remember correctly, it was the opposite last season - so i wouldnt jump into too fast conclusions there.
WereCrow: Players will be unsatisfied with their perfomrance or teams in the previous season or are just looking for a change and switch to a new team but that will immediatly put them on a disadavantage. Even with the inducement money it will be very difficult to defeat a seasoned team with a seasoned coach commanding them that probably just will be a better player because he has already played and won many games with this particular team.
..well, if nuffle is even handed (not!) it is always difficult to defeat good coach.

Also, as long as the team is more or less intact, it will accumulate spp = TV even if the coach does not win matches.

->> what i mean to say, is that if we reset the league after dozen games or so, it will always be clear that the "good" coaches will have more spp and higher TV's anyways, because well - on average good players do win more games anyways no matter what team they play :)
WereCrow: Or teams don't have to fear being beaten into the ground and having their players killed game after game. The game against RC wasn't even really a game at all and I won through sheer advantage of having a superior amount of rerolls and just a very durable team. He did a good job with positioning his players and trying to move the ball and I got a hell of a lot of wonky rolls but it took no effort to score these TDs. If you look at the absurd results that Mafia usually scores with his team, it is clear that we have reached a breaking point in this league were a decision has to be made on how its supposed to continue.
There are supposed to be "tiers" in BB, meaning certain teams are more competetive than others. Also some teams mature early while others late. This is simply the nature of this game.

I would hope there is no need to start restricting teams and that those who feel themselves being "good", would try to pick some lower tier team every now and then.

Anyways, this is something we will be keeping eye on.
Post edited January 22, 2014 by iippo
WereCrow: Also: I cant believe DoDo destroyed EA...because that just makes me be able to play in the playoffs an act of impossibility. Like come on how are Orcs supposed to catch up with superfast, superdodgy darkelves >v>
Talking about playoffs and destroyed teams - check last season cheong vs judas = the match just before playoffs, then watch cheongs play offs match.

'Nuffle giveth, Nuffle taketh away' ;)
WereCrow: Okay I am rambeling too much so here's my TL:DR:
We have to make this league fun again and for that putting the players down to the same level at least teamwise is imperative.
BB aint chess and wont become chess, but certainly something is going to happen.

Also anyone can always post/msg good suggestions as always. Anyways, the whole league format is under review atm, but we'll get to that later when we have some actual idea how much changing it would make sense in the first place.

Also - the Dungeon Bowl sideshow kinda never picked up the pace. Have to return to that at some point.
iippo: Also - the Dungeon Bowl sideshow kinda never picked up the pace. Have to return to that at some point.
I got Dungeonbowl from that recent bundle. Where would be a good place to start with it since there doesn't seem to be an offline mode. Also havent checked out the rulebook yet...
Some guys just love to win playing by the book without using the foot, while other just love to hurt regardless the costs. I for one played my matches without the foot-part both seasons.

Another point seems to be:
Do you like/love your team or not. If it is the first one, then becoming fouled or killed in action hurts even more. :(

Since I started playing, I realized (during some very painfully league-matches), the team-loving part works better in the Single-Player-Campaign. There I can prevent a death through Alt+F4. ^^ Since that doesn't work during a Multi-Player-Match I tried to not get into the game the same way. Just don't be to much into the team - start thinking about them as a bunch of assholes. Sadly that didn't worked out every time. Feeling about them this way starting with my current orc-team at least kept the blood pressure in bay a bit more often. :)

I still don't like opposing dwarves, I stopped playing them myself and I wouldn't be to sad if we would have a dwarven-free season. But, since we aren't at "make a wish", we all just can't have everything. ;)

For that I got my SP ChaosTeam with all the mutation I ever wanted. ^^

--

So rethinking about this wall of text I guess I will reenter season 4 with the orc-crap or start with some "free spp"-delivery-guys, but surely no Halflings. ;D
Post edited January 22, 2014 by chaos_panda
chaos_panda: Just don't be to much into the team - start thinking about them as a bunch of assholes. Feeling about them this way starting with my current orc-team at least kept the blood pressure in bay a bit more often. :)
Lol. There is a hint of wisdom there though ;)

Personally i just want to see how my team (any team i play that is) turns out. That is do my best and see how well or bad they grow and eventually die at my tender care.

You know after the next few matches i will freeze my vamps and they will most likely stay mothballed till the end of days. I have very little interest in bringing back something thats already developed once - "Their story has been told already" so to speak. So to me its not really important whether all my vamps are lvl7 or dead at the end of this season.

-> Last season when i started playing them, i set the goal of getting 6 developed vamps and pro on most of them. To see how that route works. And it seems to work pretty well, if not always efficiently. Its fun. But next season its time for new team and new goals. Next when i play vamps, whenever that will be - it will be brand new bunch of suckers.

But before all that the AAA-team has few matches to win ;)

chaos_panda: So rethinking about this wall of text I guess I will reenter season 4 with the orc-crap or start with some "free spp"-delivery-guys, but surely no Halflings. ;D
Ive thought about bringing in the "Malicious Ankle Nibblers" - but i doubt that. If i played halflings, i think i would play pretty foul heavy and its not really my main cup of tea. Not yet anyways.
hey my rats feel offended a bit :) they were born/hatched fresh for this season

now on more serious note

If we would like to really prevent fresh (or badly beaten) teams from being destroyed by much more skilled team, we have to split divisions by TV. It is one of the few options that are available.

Tiers, that works in the New Ogham league:

fresh teams and returning teams up to TV 1200
teams of TV between 1200-1600
teams of TV 1600+

any returning team can be placed to a higher tier, the fresh team only by coach request
kanarek: hey my rats feel offended a bit :) they were born/hatched fresh for this season

now on more serious note

If we would like to really prevent fresh (or badly beaten) teams from being destroyed by much more skilled team, we have to split divisions by TV. It is one of the few options that are available.

Tiers, that works in the New Ogham league:

fresh teams and returning teams up to TV 1200
teams of TV between 1200-1600
teams of TV 1600+

any returning team can be placed to a higher tier, the fresh team only by coach request
Actually something like this was talked about briefly quite some time ago.

The bad side of this system is that the teams TV's are not evenly distributed and thus you also will find yourself playing against same people + same teams more frequently. It would be impossible to make these different divisions or whatever you call them, to have same number of matches in given season.

Ofcourse it would be possible to run the at different pace, but that also complicates things alot.

----

FUMBBL has different leagues with different TV values and what not and then there is "Black Box" - where i understand everything goes and any team that shows even a bit weakness is free to be feasted upon...

Its bit extreme, but i do like the idea. However, with our small player base that sort of division is simply impossible to make.

Anyways, as i said, "stuff" are under review atm :)
Just a heads up to everyone, Arnob and I will be having our match tonight( Wednesday) at 21: 00 p.m( CET, equivalent to GMT +1).
Post edited January 22, 2014 by CSPVG
The match between my team and HannoB ended in a 2-0 win for the dwarves.

After a horrible first turn for me (with 2 double red dice) which allowed the Hammerfists to get into a good position to score early, I was actually pretty lucky for the rest of the game, which means the game didn't turn into the rout or massacre I feared it would be.

HannoB's team was just way too strong for my team to be able to do much to stop them steamrolling over me. The 900 TV difference was very much in evidence.
Still, it's definitely not games like this that will allow me to develop my team a bit more, since the only SPP I got came from the MVP which went to my star ghoul.

Replay here for those interested.
I am not 100% sure but I think my opponent for this matchday, Aningan, has left the league. Here's his post regarding that: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_bloodbowl_restarting_soon/post3427
yes he is gone. When I finish my game against Mafia I will set the score for you.
my game vs digital ended 2:1 in my favor

replay: http://wikisend.com/download/784338/Replay_Weekly_S3_D2_R11_MafiaK1-DigitalHero.db
This has been troubling my mind for the longest time - someone, anyone, give me opinion what team i should play next season and why?

Or should i just random.org my team and be done with it? Or maybe i should just take whatever leftover team is not represented/has least amount of players?

Too many interesting teams in this game and i want this thing out of my mind :)
iippo: This has been troubling my mind for the longest time - someone, anyone, give me opinion what team i should play next season and why?

Or should i just random.org my team and be done with it? Or maybe i should just take whatever leftover team is not represented/has least amount of players?

Khorne Demons? I know we don't have that one in the League :)

I tried them out in single player, they feel OK but I am no expert in this game and I was probably playing them wrong :)
iippo: This has been troubling my mind for the longest time - someone, anyone, give me opinion what team i should play next season and why?

JudasIscariot: Khorne Demons? I know we don't have that one in the League :)

I tried them out in single player, they feel OK but I am no expert in this game and I was probably playing them wrong :)
ive played few matches with them in Naggaroth. They are kinda weird, but i think they can become powerhouse later on. But yes, ive had them on my "shortlist" which roughly 80% of rest of the teams...

Their self-destructiness is only equaled by vamps, so in that sense id be very much at home really.