It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

@Iippo's posts.

You're a rare person, you know? It's natural human desire to win. I 'rage' for one hour or so, and then after that I feel fine. It's true that in the end it's just a game, but at the same time, you want to win it, and you really want to win it because you spent a lot of time in that team.

There's also a sense of 'virtual' gains... Let's think of the blood bowl characters as mini banks in themselves.

You invest time in them, and then seeing that time just disappear all of a sudden due to death brings about rage?

You become even angrier, I guess, if those 'death' wasn't even needed in the first place. (aka fouling)

----
I am just having hard time imagining that people would go to so serious extent to earn game at gog.
----

I don't, lol. This is actually one of the easier tasks. It almost feels assured, with 1/12 chances (roughly and stupidly calculated)

Much better then any draw in steamgifts.

As for the people already playing in Gog League, I can't speak for everyone, but I'lll happily consider gangfouling for 16 turns because....
1)it's different, and I can see myself having fun with it. I don't do it because I prefer winning games, and I hate causing despair. I would be seriously sad/pissed if someone did that to me, so I don't do it.

2) I don't have FTL yet. lol.
--------------

then again... i still have yet to play any rpgs.... I'm so damn busy... I've even taken to playing fire emblem and pokemon breeding while I drive at 10Km/h or less.

yay 6 max iv draught vulpix...
Post edited January 21, 2014 by cheongzewei
cheongzewei: @Iippo's posts.

You're a rare person, you know? It's natural human desire to win. I 'rage' for one hour or so, and then after that I feel fine. It's true that in the end it's just a game, but at the same time, you want to win it, and you really want to win it because you spent a lot of time in that team.
Sure winning is cool and everything. And i really do and think my best in every game - but i think i enjoy far more the process = playing, than the result = win/lose/whatever.

You know like which one is more important:

1) The arriving your destination.

2) Traveling itself.

-> as long as i enjoy 2) the first one doesnt matter really.

Also sandbagging (Go term for beating someone lower ranked = less skilled than you) is no fun compared to losing a match against someone better than you for example. Just my opinion ofcourse.
cheongzewei: As for the people already playing in Gog League, I can't speak for everyone, but I'lll happily consider gangfouling for 16 turns because....
1)it's different, and I can see myself having fun with it. I don't do it because I prefer winning games, and I hate causing despair. I would be seriously sad/pissed if someone did that to me, so I don't do it.

2) I don't have FTL yet. lol.
You know, i dont mind the killing intent as long as you keep in mind you may very well find yourself at the receiving side as well :D

"Sharing is caring" - i get to play 16 turns too... ;)
Post edited January 21, 2014 by iippo
DodoGeo: Just one thing I'd like to add to this whole foul or not discussion.

With E_A in the lead 2-1 and me on the touchdown line with three turns left has anyone a better suggestion how to win the game?
With a team like mine all that comes to mind is to level the playing field and even then cross fingers how to do it in 3 turns as there are no pass or catch skills on the team.

Plus, with the next kick off there would be 2+ players in the way of ST5 and 4 players with Mighty Blow or Claw.
You can only guess the outcome of that again...

And please don't say it isn't about winning, while you can have fun just playing, the objective of any game is to actually win.
You are probably right that what you did was the only way to conceivably win the game. And I personally don't hold it against you that you did it.

Like many things, it's kind of a gray area. No one side is right. All I can say is what I would do, and I'd personally have gone for the tie. I don't like fouling unless I'm doing it as a joke or I feel I need that tactical advantage at that moment.

It's completely subjective based upon what the individual is basing the decision on. There is no right answer, just what that particular person would do in that situation.
So if i roll a goblin team next season, I'll foul the shit out of you guys. That's my opinion on fouling.

cheongzewei: then again... i still have yet to play any rpgs.... I'm so damn busy... I've even taken to playing fire emblem and pokemon breeding while I drive at 10Km/h or less.
Don't game and drive, man.
btw totally OT: Did anyone ever try the BB Star Coach or whatever its name was?
Post edited January 21, 2014 by iippo
WBGhiro: So if i roll a goblin team next season, I'll foul the shit out of you guys. That's my opinion on fouling.

cheongzewei: then again... i still have yet to play any rpgs.... I'm so damn busy... I've even taken to playing fire emblem and pokemon breeding while I drive at 10Km/h or less.
WBGhiro: Don't game and drive, man.
That's kind of the point with a goblin team, I think ;)
you don't suffer the traffic jams i do.. a 30 minute trip becomes 2 hours.
Post edited January 21, 2014 by cheongzewei
cheongzewei: you don't suffer the traffic jams i do.. a 30 minute trip becomes 2 hours.
Well, as one of my friends from India once put it ... "If you keep getting held up by traffic jams, it just shows that your vehicle is too big." ;-)
cheongzewei: you don't suffer the traffic jams i do.. a 30 minute trip becomes 2 hours.
Psyringe: Well, as one of my friends from India once put it ... "If you keep getting held up by traffic jams, it just shows that your vehicle is too big." ;-)
good point.

But I don't have a bike/bike license
Werecrow and I will play our game in the next hour... I won't be streaming as my internet is shit. Maybe Werecrow will stream my demise?
Hawk52: Iippo, you may wanna rethink that post. To me, as someone outside of the entire fiasco yesterday, it comes off as if you're mocking EA. You were chastising him for being upset, and now you're offering an open bounty on your own players, as if trying to prove a point.

Maybe that's not what you intend, but it comes off that way to me reading the last page.
iippo: I have this terrible feeling of people misunderstanding what i want to say - but well, here goes nothing:

I dont remember seeing any fiasco yesterday.

Bloody match of BB, thats what i saw. I will leave the philosophical thinking of what is "necessary" and what is "unnecessary" fouling etc without too much comment. My opinion on it doesnt really matter - thats between the coaches really.

But the actual point of me posting that is ive met some great people in this league. Cant remember anyone not being great actually. If i had the time and chance, i would hang out with anyone at anytime.

I admit i have great trouble at personal level at understanding the bad feelings people get about losses in BB at times. Reading some of the posts at times it looks like BB is making people depressed or something. I find it really weird. Does the league rank, spp, players, losses, foulings etc really matter that much?

"BB-bitching" is ofcourse all fine and dandy, but when thing seem to go at times to personal level - well, its just so very weird. Sure people have bad days, ive certainly had very bad days (nothing to do with BB). But so what, good day and bad days - cant blame anyone for having either.

The best i can do here really, is to challenge anyone and everyone murder me on the pitch, get something out of it and show i still think the same way of that person as before.

"iippo the Pinata"

It maybe damned stupid plan, but anyways, its the only one i could come up with.

(also instead of gog game, i have bunch of random steam bundle keys if one of those is more attactive!)
I'll be more than happy to punch your team around for free :D

I need the SPP anyways :P

Make sure to pick something extra squishy just for me :D
2 - 0 Orcs

Beast leveled and gets AG+ because I don't give a fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

GG werecrow.
Matchday 12 is on!

ty again, whoever it was that remembered to do the change :)

Two more matchdays - almost at the playoffs!
rcthedigitalhero: 2 - 0 Orcs

Beast leveled and gets AG+ because I don't give a fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

GG werecrow.
I love this league :D

TDing beast is awesome!
Post edited January 22, 2014 by E_A
Here's the replay of my game with RC. http://wikisend.com/download/584374/Season_3_D2_R11_WereCrow_RCDigitalHero.db

I just wanted to add my 2 cents to the recent discussion. I'd be in favor of a total reset after every season. Either that or players would have to be forced to stick with their teams. The reason is that as its clear from the standings in both divisions there are almost only returning teams that are at the top of the standings.

I don't know how much it would help prevent this snowballing if everyone had at a somewhat evolved team, but I don't see a reason to let teams accumulate points for more than a single season. Players will be unsatisfied with their perfomrance or teams in the previous season or are just looking for a change and switch to a new team but that will immediatly put them on a disadavantage. Even with the inducement money it will be very difficult to defeat a seasoned team with a seasoned coach commanding them that probably just will be a better player because he has already played and won many games with this particular team. So a reset should be mandated or some rules need to be established that prohibit teams to exceed a certain TV.
Or certain bashy teams just need to be banned so that other teams don't have to fear being beaten into the ground and having their players killed game after game. The game against RC wasn't even really a game at all and I won through sheer advantage of having a superior amount of rerolls and just a very durable team. He did a good job with positioning his players and trying to move the ball and I got a hell of a lot of wonky rolls but it took no effort to score these TDs. If you look at the absurd results that Mafia usually scores with his team, it is clear that we have reached a breaking point in this league were a decision has to be made on how its supposed to continue. It just not fun anymore and skill becomes hardly relevant when you just bash your opponent into the ground and waltz over the field unopposed. I don't know how much player skill has an affect here (I will add to my previous example that Mafia is a very good player), but for most players it just isn't wothwhile to continue playing in this league.

Okay I am rambeling too much so here's my TL:DR:
We have to make this league fun again and for that putting the players down to the same level at least teamwise is imperative.

Also: I cant believe DoDo destroyed EA...because that just makes me be able to play in the playoffs an act of impossibility. Like come on how are Orcs supposed to catch up with superfast, superdodgy darkelves >v>